Tim Tebow

yes interceptions could factor into PA play, as do many other mitigating factors…
At the same time, despite the higher interception tally, Orton still had a better passer efficiency rating than Tebow.
(both being absolutely dreadful)

and regarding offense, what could account for the eventual decline in PF production?

anyway, Tebow seems like a good kid but only time will tell if he can adjust and become a productive full time starter in the NFL…

There is no doubt he struggled in the passing game. But I do think he deserves another opportunity to be a starting quarterback.

of course jordan, and if Mark Sanchez falters at some point (which is quite probable), he will garner that opportunity and subsequently prove or disprove the naysayers.

If the latter evolves, he may very well become one of the most revered sports figures in New York history.

Signed with the jets.

Hi All !

Just found a minute to post on this interesting topic.

I’m wondering if it allowed by the NFL/CFL to offer Tebow and his agent a quick visit to Hamilton for a “pro-active” orientation just in case things went sour in the NFL down the road. A history lesson of the Ticats, the CFL and future plans like the new stadium might serve to let him know we are an option at some point. Tossing in past CFL names like Theismann, Ismail, Moon, Rickey Williams and Joe Kapp might stick their minds.

I don’t think such a visit would be “tampering”…or would it?

Take Care!

~DH~

Or maybe Tebow extended drives with his feet, giving the Broncos better field position and improved time of possession. :wink:

Tebow is a poor imitation of Doug Flutie, the only thing he has over Flutie is size. That's about it.

More than that. Tebow has a desire to win like nobody I’ve ever seen. He wants to be successful as bad as he wants to breathe. Why do you think he had so many 4th quarter comebacks? Because in the 4th quarter when it’s do or die, he refuses to lose.

Don’t underestimate the value of intangibles.

He doesn’t even have size over Flutie :wink: All Flutie ever did was win…and he never let his size get in the way of his desire to win. 4th quarter comebacks??? Flutie was the best. :thup: It’s a little early to be comparing Tebow to Flutie.

Agree woody. Buffalo I think would have been a better team and maybe gone to the SB if they believed in Flutie all the way and stuck with him. One of Ralph's mistakes I think.

Flutie was nothing special in the NFL himself ....

Flutie got the "Warren Moon" treatment in the NFL. He can't be a good quarterback in the NFL because he is----------------. That kind of silo thinking still prevails in the NFL. He is too short, too black, too slow, too religious.
Flutie was an intelligent, accurate passer and a winner. Moon is a hall of famer in the CFL and the NFL. We don't know what Tebow will become but the kid will get his shot while he is in his prime. Moon and Flutie had to wait a little longer.
Tebow reminds me of Bobby Douglas, the old Bear quarterback - great runner, tough as nails, average arm and accuracy. Did I just fall into the trap of categorizing Tebow? Well, there you go. :lol:

Pat Lynch(put a check mark in the old column)

I bet quite a few players in the NFL wouldn’t have minded being selected to a Pro Bowl and earned a Comeback Player of the Year Award though. The man fought a lot of stereotypes and if given a full opportunity from the start, well, who knows what his NFL career might have added up to.

Hey Pat, Bobby Douglas, do remember him with the Bears.

Really??? :roll: Drew Breeze who he mentored may disagree as well!

TSN's Dave Naylor is inclined to believe that Tebow may land in the CFL within a year or two
(the Cats own his CFL rights)

NAYLOR: TEBOW IN THE CFL ONE DAY IS NOT A FAR STRETCH

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=391521

I doubt it really. I think he'll be a decent backup for many teams in the NFL and that will make him more money than playing in the CFL.

Naylor is a strange bird. The guy won seven games, one a playoff game as a rookie and has a 33 000 000.00 contract and he thinks Tebow could play in a SMS era CFL. :roll:

you clearly didn’t watch those games…

I did and a QB who won seven games as a rookie backup making plays out of nothing he's proven proven he's perfect for that job. I don't know that he will be a starter one day but he's the perfect backup for an NFL team with an established starter.

The most idiotic stat in pro sports is QB wins. QBs don’t win games on their own, and there is no reason anyone should judge a QB based on the games “he” won. I really wish fans and the media would stop talking about QB wins. Also, Tebow wasn’t a rookie last year; he was a rookie in 2010, starting twice.

That said, Tebow has that special something that his teammates seem to rally around… Despite his shortcomings as a QB (which are many), Denver still found a way to win their division (albeit at a mediocre 8-8) and get to the Divisional round. It wasn’t all because of Tebow, but the Broncos were 1-4 with Kyle Orton in there, so he did something right after he was installed as the team’s starter. I’m not a Tebow fan, but I’m not a Tebow hater either. He’s not as good as his fans make him out to be and he’s not as terrible as his detractors make him out to be. He’s a flawed QB with an amazing will to win.