Tillman or Taman Are Gonna Be Busy

Rider Free Agent List:
Marcus Adams DT, Stevie Baggs DE, Chris Best LG, Wes Cates RB, Hugh Charles RB, Eddie Davis DB, Stu Foord RB, Jocelyn Frenette LS, Steven Jyles QB, Tad Kornegay LB, Omarr Morgan CB, Luc Mullinder DE, Marc Parenteau RG, James Patrick S, Chris Szarka FB, Gerran Walker WR

Any word on whether Stevie Baggs has garnered any interest from the NFL?

Morgan would look nice in black N gold! Or Szarka

Although Szarka would be a nice addition I don't see it happening since he was elected to Regina civic elections for city councilor in Ward 10 and won. I think if he will resign in Sask.

Wes Cates would be a nice addition along with Adrea Cobb in the back field.

8)

Are you kidding? what about Smith, Caulley & Keith? I think of any position we are set in the backfield!

I could see us going after Baggs. He won't be back in Saskatchewan after voicing his displeasure about Chick getting the nomination for D player of the year instead of him.

If Baggs makes it to free agency, there will be lots of teams seeking his services. Personally I think he'd be a priority for the Riders to try to re-sign, so he might not be a f/a when February rolls around. . . time will tell.

IMO we have better players than Stevie Baggs -- don't really see the point in signing him.

8) Are you kidding too ?? Terry Caulley isn't even a TiCat anymore !! He was released !!!

Keith will be gone next year too.

Hopefully for the Riders, it will be Tillman back at the general manager position. He is the heart and soul of the Rider organization. He built this team and I fear if the January trial goes badly, the Riders will be affected adversely by his replacement. Taman's record with the Bombers was not great. Their Canadian draft was a disaster year after year.
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Szarka will never leave Ridervile he a Home Town boy

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE RIDERS HAVE SO MANY FREE AGENTS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU COMPARE IT TO THE TICATS WHO ONLY HAVE TWO. OBIE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB ON THAT END OF THINGS

Szarka why would you want him he's just another Julian Radlin a waste of skin. Go after Mr. Bagg this guy can play and he wants to go where he can be the man.

Just means that somewhere down the road, we’ll be in the same position. But, I have every confidence that OB will keep everything under control.

Of course , Baggs would really be a plus...think DEPTH on D-line( look at what happened to us 1st half of season). Also , would aim for Omar Morgan( need experience back there) and was quite impressed late season by Stu Foord...runs , catches,blocks and is Canadian. Without KK`s salary, possibilities are there.

I can't imagine Stu Foord playing anywhere but Regina, for as long as the Roughriders want him.

So it's Saskatchewan's turn in the cycle to have a number of contracts expiring. It happens. It will happen to us at some point too in all likelihood, unless Obie is able to manage things so that contract periods overlap more. I suspect the Riders will re-sign most of their FAs. They have a good team and a good organization with a great fan base.

Here’s a Baggs’ update from Roughrider Radio Play-by-Play man Rod Pedersen:

"I spoke to defensive end Stevie Baggs this week. He was in transit from Regina to Florida and wasn’t able to do an interview, however he revealed he’s interviewing agents this week and it appears he’s set to test free agency come February 15.

He made it known to me during the season that his services are available to the highest bidder. As yet, Rider G.M. Eric Tillman has yet to make an initial offer."