Tillman Interview with Williams

How did this whole Joe thing start? Like, whats Tillman’s problem with him?

Seems Tillman got fed up with the ottawa brass and expected Joe to follow along behind him. However, when Joe decided to stick it out and try to endure the crap and keep football going in Ottawa, in spite of all the obstacles, the little pissant got miffed.

They were really good friends. When ET was fired in Ottawa, the owners offered Joe the job.
ET feels that Joe, out of loyalty to him, should have refused, perhaps even quit himself as coach.
When he took the job, they had a falling out.

There you go.
You beat me to the punch on that one…

this time, I like the way I put it better :smiley:

Are you serious...

Being a GM shouldnt he realize that Pro Football is a Business?

I can’t go with the “pissant” part, but other than that, you summed it up very nicely.
Joe choose to be loyal to his players and the fans rather than ET.
Darn!

I dunno, I think if he ever makes it to the hall of fame, that should go under his picture. :twisted:

Ron Lancaster - The Little General
Eric Tillamn - The Little Pissant

Kinda has a nice ring to it :lol:

Loved the quote from Tom Wright, ET has one of the sharpest tongues in the league.

BTW, agree about Joe PP, terrible head coach.

Yeah, but Paopao was promoted to the GM position as well. So you hire the guy then he turns around and takes your job.

It’s not like Paopao’s door was being beaten down with Head Coaching job offers too, that I recall. So Tillman probably feels like he went out on a limb for Paopao and didn’t get the same courtesy back.

Joe Paopao was lucky to have a job in the CFL at all. He wasn’t that great of a QB when he played, and he has had even less success as a coach.

If I was Joe Paopao, I would have taken the job as well. Football is a business and you gotta pay the rent somehow. Maybe ET did do him a favour by getting him the job, but expecting him to quit and go … umm … who knows where out of loyalty to ET? That’s a bit much.

I thought the interview was fine as much as I dislike Eraserhead.

Joe P is a great football man and a very, very well like man. Remember how many times the Renegades players would rally around him and win won to save his job? It seemed the only games they won were when they threatened to fire Joe. I'll bet Joseph has a lot of good words to say about Joe P?

Not trying to be difficult, but I don’t remember too many of those times. They had long losing streaks in 2004 and 2005. Every week it seemed we’d get quotes from palyers about being fired up and understanding what’s at stake, and we’d get another sloppy, penalty-filled three-score loss.

This is stupid. Some people talk and know nothing. I told this before on here. Me and some of my friends met Tillman. It was fans day right after he took the Riders job. He was very nice to us. His wife was to. She's hot. Way to hot for him

We asked him about maybe hiring Paopao. If Barrett got fired. He smiled. Said he hoped Barrett would win. We asked him again. Kind of joking. Tillman's wife said this. Over my dead body. She had been smiling and laughing. Very nice. Mentioned Paopao and she quit smiling. She said Paopao had been in there wedding. After he took both jobs he never called them again. Not one time. Said she was in the hospital sick. No call. They had a baby a year later. No call. Nothing. Said the whole thing was over money for players. Flick is the only name I remember. She said 2 or 3 names. Said Tillman told owners it was BS to lose players. He got fired the next week. Paopao took both jobs and never called them. While she said this Tillman said nothing. Just looked down. Tell me this. Why would she lie? The lady had been very nice to everyone. Laughing and smiling. That name Paopao changed everything. If that is all true. How would you feel? I would feel like them. That came straight out of her mouth. You may not like Tillman. But his wife is a nice lady. Very nice.

Ya ever considered that… there could be two sides to the story??? Funny thing is I don’t ever recall Paopao bad mouthing anyone . :roll: Could that be because maybe he has more class than Pissant ?

Maybe Et will stop all this bad mouthing one day when he gets named in a lawsuit.

I didn’t think of him as a Pissant either when old Cal called him that , but when I see him from the other side of the fence the perspective seems to have changed . Maybe one day down the road you to will see it that way Arius .

A Good wife sticks up for her man, and visa versa. Not to mention that of course she gets her slanted version of the inside info from Eric. Most likely, Eric said something(s) to Paopao to disuade joe from calling him again. Maybe something like, dont ever call me again. Then forgot to let his wife in on that little detail.

If they had that close a relationship, then Eric is not only a pissant, but a lousy friend. You can be his friend, but only on his terms.

Most likely? How do you know Tillman said that. Maybe Tillman told Als to make Popp head coach. Maybe he told Esks to hire Danny Choke Choke. Maybe he told Printers to sign with Hamilton. Not with Toronto. Maybe he told Bush to start war with Iraq.

What logic. Tillman hires Paopao. Paopao takes both jobs. Never calls the Tillmans. And you figure out how it's Tillmans fault. Bet he started those fires in California today.

Regina is a small place. Funny story with all this stuff on here. I saw Pissant and Murphy at lunch the other today. Together. Murphy lives here now. Maybe Murphy changed his mind. They looked like friends.

I hung out with Tillman 1 time about13-15 years ago he was a great guy he was in BC then. Never met Paopao. When moneys involved shit hits the fan.