Tiller Out

[url=http://www.ourbombers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3648]http://www.ourbombers.com/messageboard/ ... php?t=3648[/url]

Stamps DB won't face Milt

Tony Tiller, the defensive back then with the B.C. Lions who was scorched for four TDs by Milt Stegall last season, has coincidentally (or not) been removed from the Stampeders' roster this week. He'll be replaced by Aaron Ruffin at DB. Calgary will also add WR Ron Johnson and LB John Grace, who had been benched.

lol, Milt has got them shakin in their boots in cowtown.

.....stamps depth chart for tomorrow's game still has Tiller listed as a starter....

.....beleive me, the only thing that will be making us shake in our boots is a cold rain front.....

I dont write the news red, just read it, but lets face it, would you start a guy who he burnt for 4 tds last the time they faced off.

.....hey, I don't update the stamps depth chart, but thats what it says.....would I start Tiller?....I dunno, depends on the little discussion I had with him as the Defensive Coordinator, but wait a sec, I'm not Denny Creehan either.....lol, I'm not dissing your question, but there are lots of things that would lead to that decision, and only a small part would be what happen in that game last year.....you assume his benching (if it is true) is because of the last time him and Milt got it on, but how are you sure, maybe he is hurt, I dunno, just speculating, which is coincidentally what you're doing.......

assuming Ruffin is in and Tiller is out, who would you think is coming out for Grace and Johnson…and if the stamps dc is anything like the bombers it is not very current.

....it does list the DC as tomorrow's game, dated properly and all, but who knows how often it gets updated.......

....Grace is getting back in due to Kalim Abdullah having a sore hamstring.....reports from practice this week said he is absolutley fired up and ready to rip as a result of his being scratched....Johnson?....I really don't know who he will replace....

Its good to see Gracie back in the line up, he is too good a baller to be sitting. As for Johnson, hes an import, I wonder what Ned has up his sleeve.

.....don't know much about Johnson....he played for the Ravens, then Washington, and was released this June or July, we signed him in august to the practice roster...if I see something in the local papers tomorrow I'll get it in here.....

Actually red, Johnson and Kevin Glenn grew up together in Detroit and are still very good friends, they even sold shoes together, I can fetch the article for you if your interested......

.......too bad Johnson isn't a DB, then Glenn could toss his old buddy some passes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .....

....Heh RedW.......ask sportsmen about Tillers' intoduction to Milt last year...i think he still sees Stegall in his dreams ...in a nightmarish kind of way...When he heard Milt was coming to cowtown he probably asked Ned to be taken off the roster..lol lol...I was wondering why the stamps. sat out Grace..he's a good one....i guess we'll find out tonight....goBigBlue....oh yeah...the thing with Glenn and Johnson....i believe they've known each other since little league....guess they will have a happy re-union...or will they.... :? :lol:

.....oh no need to ask Sporty about what happened to Tiller last year.....saw it all on TSN.....that was some spanking all right....I remember there were some questions as to why Buono didn't do anything to stem the bleeding on that corner, almost leaving Tiller out there to be sacrificed....strange strange indeed.....

....oh yeah, drove past McMahon last night and they had John Grace in a cage throwing raw meat into it for his dinner.....he looked positively psychco....just thought you'd want to know...

Don't worry about our coverage of Stegall.. we'll blanket him just like we did to Tucker last week.. cept Milt doesn't have Ricky Ray to make something out of nothing.. plus the freezing rain... that TD record is still a couple games off. This will be a battle on the ground.. and the bombers are gonna get trampled. GO STAMPS!!

Hard to throw to Stegall if the Stamps front 4 keep sacking Glen! :wink:

What happened to Tiller last year, was last year. Different team, different defensive schemes. Like Red says, we are all speculating why!

OOPs Dad got caught with your

down!

Geez this guy's some kind of genius! How'd he know just how the game would come out days ahead of time?!

BTW.. maybe Tiller was out because of Stegall.. but Rhinehart certainly showed how you cover this guy.. loved the pick off the curl route. Milt's open, Glenn throws it on a rope and... Rhinehart steps in front and picks it off!

I think that this ignorance should stop. Why would Higgins bench Tiller for something that happened last year. The kid would not have gotten picked up and started for another team if he couln't play. He was doing very well when Higgins decided to sit him. I think he is one of the better db's and is going to develop into a great player.