'TigerTown' ??????????????

Okay- I've read the brochure and seen that the free extra tickets have been replaced with entry tickets to something called TigerTown around the time of the Grey Cup.

Has someone been to one of these? What's there? It sounds like cheerleaders and beer but there must be more. (I know that for some of you guys here that's waaaay more than enough but I'm getting to be an old curmudgeon.)

Why would someone not going to the Cup game want to drive to TO and put up with the bother and expense of parking and the drive to attend this thing? What is it.... really?

If you have never been to a GC it is hard to explain. Any fan of the CFL would love it! Each team has a hospitality suite set up in a convention hall!

It's an opportunity to mingle with fans of all the teams in a friendly atmosphere! Lots of giveaways!

There were several screens showing games and highlights from many different years and music going on all night!

Players and cheerleaders and management and staff from all teams, come and go as well!

It's one big party and Believe Me...a VIP Pass is wonderful, some times you have to stand in long lines in order to get in the hospitality suites!

Ticat fans were treated Royally out in Winnipeg! The VIP Passes came in handy :thup:

I can only imagine that there will be even longer lines when the GC is in Toronto!

tigger is a Cupaholic...he is a pro.. ))))tigger(((( explain from your perspective please

Regarding Tiger-Town and the additional individual game vouchers.

Tiger-Town V.I.P. pass to the 2007 Grey Cup festival has not replaced the redeemable vouchers for Traditions Club members. The Tiger-Town pass is an additional bonus to all season ticket holders this season.

The extra redeemable vouchers are still in the season ticket package for Traditions Club members as one of the incentives to renew for the term of their 3-year agreement.

Great idea. See ya'll there.

Try ATTENDING A GREY CUP and then you will know the extra bonus and value these passes have

Ouch 110X65. You didn't have to yell at me. I would have enjoyed attending a Grey Cup but life circumstances haven't permitted it. It's why I asked.

Overall I'm not a big party person. I love the games and the crowd but a big party just isn't my cup of tea. I'm more of an entertainer than a socialite, I think.

But if the extra ticket is still in the package then I'm extremely gratified and thankful. I didn't expect these when I first became a traditions member and I'm still pleasantly surprised and happy to get them now. Thank you to the 'Cats.

Anyone want My Ticket to Tigertown..
I won't be going for two Reasons.
(1) Hate Going to Toronto.
(2) As Much Love our team .
the chances of us going to the Grey Cup are slim in a coach 1st year..

I'll take it :thup: Anyone else?

Me too. GC parties are a blast and the upside is you don't have to be going to the game to enjoy them. I was considering going to the game but after the past 2 halftimes I'm reconsidering. Depends on my friends from Hartford. He really wants to go so I may scout out a washroom at Rogers where I can hide for 30 minutes. At any rater it looks as tho I'll need 4 extra VIP passes

I've only attended one and had a blast!

I'm thrilled to get these passes as I've already bought my Grey Cup tix for '07. What a bonus. Thanks Ti-Cats ticket people!

I'm in!

I was considering going to the game but after the past 2 halftimes I'm reconsidering.
If you were offered a million dollars and one thousand of it was ripped, torn and useless..would you turn down the whole million?

PM me .. and We'll talk

K.W. 1 question for you.
If the Tiger Town events were Free just like a lot of other Grey Cup parties in the '06 Peg (with some exceptions) are you now saying that the 2007 Grey Cup in TO will see charges for entrance into Tiger Town?
No offence, (consider this constructive critisism) but the Ticat org could have done a much better job than what I saw. 4 TV's, 1 not working and not much really going on......not to mention a missed opportunity to sell Cats merchandise!
The "City of Hamilton" tourism sign was a complete joke. I hope that someone went over to the Riders party and took notes or more importantly went to the Winnipeg or Rider party that charged admission to see how it should be done.
It was an "ok" 1st attempt for the Ticat org. but if there are charges for the '07 party you folks better kick it up more than just a notch.

:cowboy:

I'd take every damned penny both valuable and worthless under your senerio. I have no idea how this relates to my post since I'm PAYING for an entertainment package. As such I consider the ENTIRE package. Any part of that package can make or break the deal. If I stay at home and watch on TV I can avoid the garbage halftime much easier. The question is if the halftime is enough to ruin the entire live experience. I'd say the Black Eyed Peas hit that low and this years incompotent sound crew came pretty close

Catattack1,

If the Tiger Town events were Free just like a lot of other Grey Cup parties in the '06 Peg (with some exceptions) are you now saying that the 2007 Grey Cup in TO will see charges for entrance into Tiger Town?
I realize some events do not have a charge and some do. My involvement with Tiger-Town is limited but yes there will be a charge. This is in part, the reason why when you purchase a season ticket for the 2007 season, we are giving you a V.I.P. pass for the entire Tiger-Town Event.
No offence, (consider this constructive critisism) but the Ticat org could have done a much better job
You could consider Tiger-Town '06 a trial version. With limited time and space, we wanted to get a feel for the event and what we can do for Grey Cup 2007. We have over 25 000 sq. ft. available at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Planning is already under way but [u]I would suggest that fans please comment on what you would like to see at Tiger-Town '07.[/u]

Nickel beer, nickel beer, nickel beer. And I don't mean a thimble full.

As someone said, Ti-Cat merchandise.

Also maybe co-ordinate with other team's venues when a significant or special event occurs so as not to conflict.

Further to that point, co-ordinate with the other teams so that everyone, at some point will visit every team's party.

Something like a beer/drink card that gets stamped at each team's venue, and you can cash in a filled card for some GC 07 merchandise.

I suppose when I go to a football game, I go to watch football. If I let the halftime show determine my attendance, I would have stopped attending Ticat games years ago.

The TV's with the looping Grey Cups were a great idea. A live band is always better than a DJ, a la the stinky Tiger's Lair from years past (literally stinky, not figuratively).