Tiger-Cats vs. Stamps Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/18/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: September 18, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. In any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will leave the blue team and the spies six points behind them.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, September 18th, 2009, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. "The Steeltown Network" as the recently-released Chris Davis called it.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 13 degrees Celsius.

I have mentioned before that the teams from Alberta haven't been doing well at IWS lately. And the Ticats have a 4-1-0 record at home, and have won their last four home games. So Hufnagel, we've got you right where we want you. We may be missing a few players, and so victory may not come easily. But the schedule does not get easier in these next two weeks, so it's important that the team win this game. So I say...

Go Ticats!

Nice job BYF, ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE. :rockin:

Thanks as always, BYF!

Eat 'Em Raw, Tigers!

Russ

IMHO the keys to winning

On O:

1. Start strong - Falling behind and playing catch up against a high powered offense is a recipe for failure
  2. No turns overs - A ball control offense is too much to hope for as long as Cobb is our RB.
  3. Execution - Must eliminate the penalties that have plagued this team, false starts, etc. Although I think this has a lot to do with MB handling of the QBs

On D:

1. Tackle - Too many missed tackle has been an issue most of the year
  2. Stop the run - Make them one dimensional, ensure they don't run the ball down our throats and then
  3. Put pressure on Burris. Burris WILL force plays and make mistakes if he is constantly pressured. Give him time and your dead.

Buzz great Points and BYF as Always Thanks .

If Porter has Slow Start and we Fall Behind Watch For Glen.
We have to Get Cobb Going it Porter is to play well
We need Ballace with out we force a Rookie QB to Throw and We'll get Killed.

8) Yes BYF, you are expected to do this thread before each Cat game, but only because you do such
  a fine job of it  !!     <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

TIGERS EAT EM RAW!

Onknight, your man-crush on Glenn and anti-Porter crusade is getting too tiresome. We got your point 3 weeks ago. Give it up already, please.

Thanks BYF for starting this thread. It will be a tough game, but I have faith in Bellefeille to prep our team.

We have to win the battle of the turn-overs.

Cobb needs to come up big.

Nice to have a big game returning kicks.

Keep it close and the fans can help will the team to victory!

Great job as always BYF.

Onknight, I agree with your assessment. I'm looking for Cobb to be receiving not just running straight into their Dline. If Porter starts this game like the one in Saskatchewan I'm thinking we'll see Glenn start the second quarter. Without PRod and Davis, the Glenn-Bruce combo sure looks good.

I see Guinton Porter having a big game tonight if his hand is not giving him any more problems this guy will be a very good quarterback in this league be prepared to eat some crow Onkn :thup: ight

No mistakes gentlemen !

Good luck Ticats! 8)

Of course I get called for work at the last minute…

I feel that there are two keys to victory tonight.

The first is team discipline, regarding avoiding dumb penalties. We can't pretend that this has not been a problem in past games.
The second is fan support. If the crowd can be as vocal as they were in the last game. it can be a tremendous help to the troops.

Oski-wa-wa.

Thanks. And once again I'd like to thank those who thanked me on how I got this thread started off.

Buzz and Wilf made some good points on keys to victory tonight. I don't think there is much that I can add to what they said.

It has been said that Cobb needs to have a good game, and I certainly agree. I'd like to see some more screen passes to him, as he has been catching what's been thrown to him and has gained us some receiving yards. And Currie has also shown that he can get some YAC yards with his speed. I expect Porter to gain us some rushing yards, and Glenn could be in if Bellefeuille decides that we need a QB with a quicker release. Hufnagel did say he expects to be up against both QBs.

So, who will we be praising after this game, and who will take criticism?

Non actives for tonight:

#31 DB Lawrence Gordon

#99 DT Jermaine Reid

#43 LB Dennis Haley

#30 Terry Caulley

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/09/pre-game-notes.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/ ... notes.html[/url]

Not too surprising to see Gordon is non-active, he has not practiced as much, with L. Reid taking his place.

And according to the previous post there, it seems Cuthbert and Suitor will call this one on TSN.

The TSN panel agrees with the decision to start Porter. It'll be good to see what'll be said about Ron Lancaster and his grandson next.

WOOT!!!!. go CATS!!!!!

looking forward to participating tonight .......here's to abig Cats win!!

That was good. Brian Williams seemed to be moved by it. And Marc Mueller sure does look a little like his grandfather, doesn't he?

GO CATS GO :smiley: :rockin: :cowboy:

Ozzy will be the guest on CHML at halftime, kickoff coming up in about a minute or two.