Tiger-Cats Vs. Stamps Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/10/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: July 10, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread that will be used for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Those of you who want to discuss what's happening during the game as it's happening can post during the game here. We may not get as many posts to this thread as it'll be the "can't make it to IWS" crowd that'll be posting here. But here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can rebound from last week's disappointing start and get their first win of the season, and to see if they can demonstrate how good they actually are in their home opener.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, July 10th, 2010, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN and the NFL Network.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. It was interesting to see how the glue melted on Otis Floyd's cleats during practice, and Glenn sure looked like he'd been practicing during a heatwave.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation and northwest winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 27 degrees Celsius. (The heatwave is over!)

Eight days ago, this team started off its 2010 campaign with a disappointing start. But the team got off to that kind of start last season, and last year, the team looked much more impressive in week 2. We hope to see the same happen in this game against a team that did not impress much versus that other Ontario team last week. The Stamps don't tend to do very well at IWS, as Henry Burris said in this article. Will the team keep it that way? Will players who were criticized much last week redeem themselves? Will players who we know are good remind us how good they are? Will Marcus Thigpen prove that he won't just be another member of the Tony Akins "Had a Great First Game and Did Little After That" Hall of Fame? We will see. And so now I say...

Go Ticats!

Looking forward to the game. Heading to IW in 2 gours!! Great weather. lets get a win!! GO CATS!!!

Thank BYF

It shame well lose our post Counts soon and these threads since 2005 will be gone.
We all spent alot of time watching our TIcats and Posting on here..

It's Gameday Baby! I am soo pumped for this game and hopefully our Ticats are ready to rumble as well!

Beautiful day to sit and enjoy a beer (or two) and watch the Tiger Cats eat em' raw!!!!

What a beautiful day !

Ticats 32

Stampeders 17

A few other predictions:

• Cobb runs for over 150 yards
  • Bruce 2 touchdown passes
  • DeAngelis kicks 4 field goals

Why would they schedule games at this time of day for this time of the year. players running around with all those pads on in this heat. They should schedule night games at least would be hot enough. Poor scheduling job this year. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Once again, a great job done BYF.. looking forward to the game.. and the GDT!

Thanks again, BYF.

I know that it's still early days, but there seems to be a pattern developing already in the league,
That is a pattern of PARITY. The onus will be on the Cats today to show that they are part of the group.
A loss today, and we will see our Cats ranked 8th in all the sports columns.
BUt, as I said, EARLY DAYS!

Optimistic views from SM re the stadium in the Pre Game show

Starting the game thread was not a problem. Someone has to keep this gameday tradition going.

And I also expect Bruce and Cobb to do well, and at least get better numbers than they got last week. Cobb should get more rushing yards AND rec. yards. And Stala should catch more than one pass. The passing game, I think, will be better, as Mann will make his Ticat debut.

Ticat scratches:

OL Matt Morencie
OL Mark Dewit
DB Ray Wladichuk
DL Jermaine Reid

What was said about the stadium by Scott Mitchell and Dave Naylor are mostly things we already know, but good to hear anyway.

I'm listening to CHML now, kickoff in a few minutes.

Let's hope the REAL Hamilton Tiger Cats show up this week!!

Indeed, HTD!

Can Gibson call the plays (and Glenn call the protections) to ensure Rottier isn't left behind like the proverbial chalk-outlined right tackle today?

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Afternoon Russ...

ready for all the Blackisms??

Sigh!!

He sounds like a BP clean-up infomercial from hell... LMAO

Good afternoon, Russ.

Good point about Gibson, coaching and necessary adjustments are my biggest concern.

GAME ON!

Stamps start inside their 30.

Ok D. ...time for a 2 and out.. establish DOMINANCE!!!!

The crowd is ...shall we say....

sparse,so far....

BIG SACK MAC!!!!!!!!

SMILIN' SACK! :smiley:

McIntyre sack ends drive!

They gained 20+ yards of ground on it, but let's see Thiggy do his thing.