Tiger-Cats vs. Stamps Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/3/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: October 3, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will leave the spies four points behind them in the standings, and get their first win away from IWS since week 2.

WHERE - McMahon Stadium in Calgary, Alberta.

WHEN - Saturday, October 3rd, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. There was emphasis on the defensive line this time.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is an 80% probability of precipitation this evening and it is mixed precipitation that is expected. There is expected to be 2-4mm of rain and less than 1 cm of snow. Winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 2 degrees Celsius, but it will feel like -2 degrees with the wind.

I have said before that the teams from Alberta have not been doing well at IWS lately. Too bad the Ticats can't seem to do well in Alberta. They have not won away from IWS since their first win this year in BC. That has to change. When the Ticats beat the Stamps two weeks ago, many said the Stamps simply did not play well. There may be some truth to that, but the Ticats still have work to do in earning respect. And it is important to get the two points to stay ahead of the Spies, so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks for another fine game day intro, BobYoungFan.

Here's hoping that the Ticats can capture their first road win since week two of the 2009 CFL regular season and re-establish their four point lead over the third place Bombers in the CFL East standings going into next week's head-to-head clash.

Go Cats Go!

Thanks again, BYF!

Let it snow! Keep that nag from running tonight! LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Solid opening post BYF

See you guys in the morning

Go Cats Go We Need This Game

This is MUST win win Winnipeg gaining Ground.
We can't afford too many more losses.
As Chris Schultz and Milt Said It's time to play Glen..

Give it up onknight. Glenn is the backup.

Here is a link to a video feature called "Stamps Insider" on the Calgary Herald website where they preview tonight's game between the Ticats and Stamps:

[url=http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Video+Stamps+Insider+October/2060652/story.html?tab=VID]http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Vid ... ml?tab=VID[/url]
8) If Shultzie and Milt said it, you must be right Tom !! :wink:

I Think so :slight_smile:

and others disagree, including the most important person in the debate, Marcel B

Shultzie and gang were also calling for Glenn at half time the last time we played Calgary, and look at how that one turned out!

What’s going on? My Bell Expressvu doesn’t have the game listed at all. Is this game televised or not? Did they move it to TSN2? I hope not as I don’t have that channel.

Starchoice lists it at 7 on TSN

My Bell Expressvu shows the game on at 7pm on TSNHD so I'm good to go!!

It is Snowing ...Out there.

I have it no problem I have bell

Great job as always BYF.

The boys better have stayed off Electric Avenue last night. The weather conditions are going to be very interesting tonight. Cobb seems like a good bad weather running back - tonight will tell. Injuries to our Dline will hurt; hopefully PRod's return makes an impact.

I believe Calgary lost their visit to IWS more than the Cats won it. Hosting the east semi is by no means guaranteed so I hope the dual goal of developing Porter and winning remains balanced. If Porter comes out looking like a deer in a set of Alberta pickup truck headlights, Marcel has to put Glenn in pronto.

Oskie Wee Wee!

Thanks for the compliments on how I started off this thread.

As we are about 20-25 minutes away from the opening kickoff, here are a few questions/concerns that come to mind.

Porter will start, but will he be on a shorter leash? He, like much of the rest of the team, has been getting off to slow starts. But will he be given a chance to rebound if he gets off to another bad start? I don't think he should. This team needs to win. I'd like to see Porter show some signs of improvement, and Glenn to be put in if he does not.

Another concern I have is about turnovers. We've been turning the ball over too many times, and not capitalizing on the ones we get. Cobb has fumbled a few times too many, and three different returners fumbled last week. Turnovers may be more likely to happen with these weather conditions.

Here are tonights inactives:

#29 DB Lawrence Gordon

#30 RB Terry Caulley

#43 LB Dennis Haley

#67 OL Peter Dyakowski

No surprises here.

We need Peter Back