Tiger-Cats vs. Stamps Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/29/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: October 29, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can clinch second place in their division (assuming that the blue team will not do that for them by losing their game before the opening kickoff to this one.)

WHERE - McMahon Stadium in Calgary, Alberta.

WHEN - Friday, October 29th, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation and winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 3 degrees Celsius.

For the second consecutive week, the Ticats go into a game against an opponent that does not need the win, as their opponents have already clinched first place in their division. But the Stamps are not going to want to lose in their house, and it has been a while since the Ticats left McMahon Stadium with a win. And the Ticats are looking to keep their momentum going as they get ready for the playoffs. What happens this evening at McMahon Stadium could turn out being anticlimactic if the right team wins the first game of tonight's doubleheader. But it'll also be interesting to see how long the Ticats can keep that streak of not giving up touchdowns going. They did keep that horse from running down the field even once the last time they played there. And a fourth consecutive great performance by this team would be good to see. So now I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks for starting the game thread BYF, great job as always. These threads have become a tradition here on ticats.ca.

It's too bad AB3 has to sit this one out but it's better to have him healthy for the playoffs. Hebert is a bigger disappointment as he needs as many games as he can to be effective in November.

Calgary clinced top spot last week and will have to fight the tendency to take the next game off. By kickoff the TiCats may have clinched second spot in the East, but I don't see either club not bringing their A game. Calgary needs to start momentum and Hamilton needs to keep theirs rolling. In particular the Defence especially after getting media attention this week needs to prove it is indeed a beast and not a flash in the pan. The keys to this game will be the performance of the Secondary and an effective ground game from Cobb and Thiggy.

Oskie Wee Wee!

Thanks as always, BYF!

Tigers, eat 'em raw!

Russ

And the D line will be key as well. The Stamps seem to have been spinning their wheels a bit lately, and if Baggs and the boys can put a lot of heat on Smilin' Hank, he may panic and we'll see Bad Hank. . .

I'm assuming the front seven will play well. What we need is the DBs to not play so far off the ball. Burris is like Calvillo in that he can get the pass away quickly to avoid the rush. The the DBs are giving the receiver too much open space our rush won't matter.

I hope they yank Hank to keep him from getting mauled....Go get them Cats. :thup: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I said it at camp and on here also, This is the team we will face in the Grey Cup, so weather Toronto looses or not tonight, we have to set the tone for the big game which of course is the Grey Cup!

I like your confidence! :thup:

So, if we beat the Stamps tonight.. what are the excuses then?

You know there will be excuses....

We need a another statement game just to keep intensity high!!

An article on cfl.ca out of Calgary that talks about the fact that the Stamps have three players on the brink of getting over 1000 yards receiving. But no mention of the similar situation on the Ticats. Granted, our guys aren't quite as close to breaking the mark as theirs, but they're not that far back.

The whole article is focuses on Calgary's great offence against our stiff defence. The only mention of our offence was to say that AB3 wouldn't be playing.

[url]http://www.cfl.ca/article/preview-stamps-high-flying-o-vs-ticats-surging-d[/url]

I'm thinking it's time to remind them that our offence ain't too shabby either.

Tigers...Eat 'Em Raw!

These Western Division kickoff times make me envious of Chilian sports fans.

I used to love the time zone difference when I lived out west, although there's something wrong with an 11:00 am start for the early afternoon games. (That Islanders-Capitals OT game was like, no problem. Finished a little after 1:00 in the morning.)

As I usually don't go to bed until midnight anyway, staying up an extra hour or so isn't that bad. But yes, I do prefer the games to end a bit earlier as well.

I'll have to get my beauty sleep early :lol: that's a 11:00 pm start here. GO TIGER-CATS!!!!

But then aren't you already finished watching the game, given that you're in the future?

I think there's some foreshadowing in the schedule tonight. We're going to play the three other teams in November.

Yea I'll have to be careful and not post the score, wouldn't want to ruin everyone else fun. :smiley:

But you could let Marcel know when the Stamps blitz, so guys would be ready eh :roll:

TSN.ca's game preview is at http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=339083 .

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I live in Saskatoon now and its casual friday where I work meaning Im wearing my Ticats Jersey to work tonight! Being that all my managers and coworkers are GreenRide fans, hopefully theyll send me home early..... :lol:

Good luck to all the players coaches and staff members of our TEAM!! Our leaders like KG, Dave Stala, JJ, Otis, Markeith and our newest Leader the unforgettable Stevie Baggs will make sure the team is ready to go! :thup: