Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders Play-by-Play Game Thread:9/21/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: September 21, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_cal.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game as it happens is due to be posted. There many not be as many posts here with the game being at IWS. But then again, with the attendances at IWS, attendance in this game thread may increase. In any case, it’ll be good to discuss the game with whoever shows up here.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see the second game of the Casey Printers era, and to see if the rest of this era will get off to a good start. And also to see if Printers, with help from Lumsden and Armstead this time, might be able to get this 1-10 team somewhere this year.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, September 21st, at 7:30 p.m. EDT

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or CHQR (770 kHz AM) broadcasting from Calgary.
It is also available via Sirius Satellite Radio on Hardcore Sports ch. 186 and Play by Play 4 ch. 119.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.qr77.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Calgary’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CHQR now.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the video game preview via Ticats TV. This video that is 6:39 in length consists of excerpts of the Taaffe press conference, and of interviews with Printers, Armstead, and Lumsden. Topics discussed include the return of Armstead and Lumsden, adjustments to Printers, and the “culture of losing.?

Click here for view the entire Taaffe press conference. It is 25:01 in length.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Good to see Lumsden and Armstead back there listed as starters on offence. But some might not like seeing Walker listed as starting on special teams, and some might like seeing French replace Ralph as a starting slotback. (Would this have happened if Ralph were not injured, though?)

Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

Click here for the Stampeders depth chart.

Click here for this evening's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening. South winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 20 degrees Celsius.

And game #2 of the Printers era is here and it would be expected to be an improvement over game #1. Printers has been with the team a longer period of time, and Lumsden and Armstead are now here to help him out on offence. Will the Ticats begin to show improvement in the first game in which Printers and Lumsden are here together on the team? It’ll be interesting to find out.

Go Ticats!

As Normal BYF Great Job

Great job as always, BYF!

Oski Wee Wee,

This game should tell it all!!

A continuing impressive job BYF.

The Tiger-Cats have to start showing some improvement. Over the last 3 games they have fallen faster than Enron stock.

They need to show some cohesiveness in order to compete in the long run.

See everyone in few hours

I'm an Als fan, and even though my head says you guys won't win, my heart is rooting for the Ti-Cats all the way. Go Cats! Here's hoping Lumsden rolls over that Calgary D.

I'm really enjoying your game threads this year BYF......great stuff!

Good Luck Ticats! :cowboy:

(and for once, I hope the team that Dylan is toiling for gets their asses kicked) :wink:

I'd like to thank everyone who complimented me on how I started off this game thread. If at least some of you like the way that I do this, then that'll make me want to keep it up. And I understand I am unofficially the game thread starter, for this season at least.

Anyway, the pre-game shows on TSN and CHML are coming up now. Hope to see at least a few members of the usual crowd here soon.

Got home from work just in time for the game.

Go Cats GO!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Printers and Lumsden on the fiels at the same time.

Game on!

We receive kickoff, and Armstead takes us to the 35.

Printers' first play here gets us 13 yards on QB draw! Now this is the kind of thing I was hoping to see from him.

And Walker gets us 1st down. If he keeps that up, we may forgive him.

I'm with the IWS crowd members who want the team to go for it.

Nice draw by Printers only to have it knocked loose by Printers, and recovered by Coe. ANd to make matters worse, Printers has not got back up.

I thought Printers would take a few hits, but more because of o-line's play.

If it's not one thing it's another
A promising opening drive ends in disater and Priters is down
Where does it end

You begin to wonder if this team can do anything right OR catch a break. Great opening drive, though.

Ugh. Cody got burned on first play, successful deep pass by Burris.

well our O better score and often because it looks lioke our D wont be able to stop anything.

Actually, Suitor said it was actually Roberts of got burned.

And two plays, later, Calgary TD.

Promising drive by us ends in turnover, followed by first drive for opponent being for TD. How many times has that kind of thing happened this year?