Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/9/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: August 9, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. But there may not be as many posts here tonight, with regular contributors here being at IWS. And on a personal note, I may not be able to start the next few game threads, so I may need someone to cover for me. But in any case, here we go with this game thread.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get themselves into sole possession of first place in their division and extend their winning streak to four games.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Thursday, August 9th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

After a bye week in which this team got to enjoy some well-deserved time off, this team gets back to work. And hopefully this team will pick up where it left off and extend its win streak to four games. There will definitely be much talk about tonight's subplot, which was originally supposed to be Burris vs. Tate, former teammates going up against each other. Instead, it's Burris vs. Glenn, two guys who were traded for each other. How will that trade look after tonight? That will be discussed during and after this game, but this game really is about Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders, and whether the Ticat team can keep it up against a Calgary team that needs the win to avoid having a 2-4 record. This Ticat team should be able to get the win, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks BYF! Thanks justin.tv! :smiley:

60% chance of showers this evening [url]Under Construction - The Weather Network and I hope this doesn't stop the "fair weather" crowd from staying home and watching on the big screen. I'll be stuck watching the game from my office in ND and I would die to see the Ticats live one more time at Ivor Wynne, in any weather. Anyone going to the game tonight, could you slam a beer and be very loud for me?

Anywho, If the skies open up, and I have not watched Calgary play this year, but who will benefit more for playing in the wet?

Oskie Wa Wa! :rockin:

^^^...but only close to 1 mm of rain.

Should be ok. Keeping fingers crossed.

Neither rain nor sleet nor dark of night shall keep a good football team from winning games.
If the Cats are as good as they have been playing lately then the weather conditions shouldn't matter.
We'll find out in a few hours if this team has actually turned the corner and moving ahead with confidence or are just peeking around to see whose there and be able to runaway if they don't like it.
This is an important game psycho-logically, Hamilton needs to be able to have the mindset to be successful. The last couple of seasons they got to this point but couldn't move ahead, they are at the crossroads again. Let's see if they can make the transition to a very good football team.

Hello everyone. I'm going to be staying at the in-laws with the wife and kids tonight, and the in-laws don't watch any sports. On their one TV. Which is always in use. :frowning:

Luckily, they have wifi and I have a laptop, so I'll get to listen at least.

However, a few years ago when me and my wife moved to a new house, we were a good while without cable, and I used to listen to the games online all the time. The thing is though, I remember Purolator used to sponsor a play-by-play graphic layout of the field, showing where everything was happening, what the score was, who had possession, etc. I can't find it anywhere. Is there anything similar anymore? I like to have something to look at to go with the game (and now the forums).

Thanks for any help.

Yes it's on the CFL site. It's a live play by play.

Thanks!

CATS ALL THE WAY TONIGHT! OSKEE WEE WEE! :rockin:

It comes on once the game starts and you can link to it from the front page of the cfl site where games are listed on the right. Once in the game tracker you can also click at the top where it says “take me to the old version” Where the text version is still available if you prefer that one. I do when watching on TV.

Rain or Shine; GO TO THE GAME! The most awesome CFL memory for me was when the Tiger-Cats came to Shreveport, La to play the Pirates in 1994. Around here, we call it the "Monsoon" game. It rained so hard the officials had to call a rain delay. Many fans headed home, but the die-hards found a place to wait out the rain. I was stuck at the top of the stadium because it was impossible to see where to walk. Pretty scary. When the game resumed, the intensity of the players and fans totally amped up! While it was a heart breaking loss for the Pirates and their fans, it was a night of incredible football. Hamilton showed so much class in that game! That night, I decided that if the USA experiment failed, I would become a Ti-Cat fan. My point? It would've been so easy to stay home! The weather predicted rain. And, OK, I questioned my judgment while stranded at the top of the stadium with high winds and torrential rains, but now it's one of the best memories I have! I'll never forget it and would certainly do it again! Not having a team in town stinks! Go to the game! Support your team! Especially on such a monumental occasion as tonight.

Wow thats really cool man!!! I appreciated this story!

It’s too bad that in Southern Ontario “I’m going to be a fair weather ticats fan” and the “CFL is Not Real Football” is pop culture. This exquisite little propensity of many southern ontarians pisses me right the f**k off when like I said, I would give one of my kidney’s to be at the game tonight!

Rock On Bro!

One of the most memorable games for me was a few years ago against the Eskimos. It was pouring all game and there were about 18,000 fans who braved the weather. It was the loudest I have ever heard the crowd. The game came down to the wire and we won, but what stands out the most was how loud the small crowd was. Best game to be at.

I remember that. It was in 2009 and the win put us at 4-2, so everyone was pretty pumped.

While I am feeling pretty confident about the Cats in this game, I have a creeping little fear in the back of my mind about Nik Lewis. The Cats' secondary is getting better but remains suspect. With Glenn no doubt about to play his heart out I think Nik Lewis may cause some damage. Especially if he draws a lot of linebacker coverage.

Let's hope not.

heading down to the stadium!! GO TABBIES!!

I got ya covered K/P, I’ll be there and will swig one for ya!

Sweet! Thanks! :smiley: I’ll swig my non spiked pepsi in return haha

I found out my parents were going to the game and it made me insanely jealous :frowning:

Have Fun!

Wow it coming down out there. Gonna get wet!!!

Whoa,

I predected this about 9 hrs ago… :oops:

So according to this Doppler radar shot it looks like it will rain for another ~ 1.5 hrs, and then maybe clear up for the last half of the game? Who knows and who will this favour on the field now?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/michigan/weather-radar?play=true

Can you guys connect to CHML on-line?
I can't get it over here and just wondering if it is a CHML problem or on my end.