Tiger-Cats Vs. Stampeders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/6/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: August 6, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it’s happening, this is the place to do so. There may be many posts here with this game not being anywhere near where most Ticat fans can get to. I expect lots of posting and page refreshing to be going on tonight. And so here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can move back into second place in their division, and keep up with the Als and Bombers in the standings.

WHERE - McMahon Stadium in Calgary, Alberta.

WHEN - Saturday, August 6th, 2011, at 9:30 p.m. EDT. (7:30 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca’s live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game’s scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards’ blog. He’ll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on tonight’s game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight’s weather forecast. At the time I’m posting this, there is a 40% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 5 km/h are expected. There is a chance of thundershowers, and hopefully there won’t be another lightning delay. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 19 degrees Celsius.

After looking quite impressive in their win against Montreal, the Ticats go to Calgary to take on what may be the league’s most unpredictable team. Hopefully the Ticats won’t let a win against Montreal get to their heads as it seemed to last year, when we saw them get blown out in Calgary the next week. The last time the Ticats won a game in Calgary, it was 2004, the year of the Stamps’ failed Matt Dunigan experiment. It is time for that to change. After trading Arland Bruce III, this team needs to keep demonstrating that he is no longer needed here, and that they can win without him, starting tonight. But if the blue team can win in Calgary, then you have to think that we can as well. And so I say…

Go Ticats!

Hope HAM's defense saw or heard what clowns WPG's defense made themselves look like last night.

Instead of acting like you never made a tackle, pick or sack in your life before HAM should continue that quiet intensity, like Jamal Johnson for example, and keep that as their trademark and not buffoonery and gimmicks.

Not that I'm worried..

Should be a close game: 4 or 5 points either way.

Should be a great game looking forward to watching it ..

Hi ETMRAW:

I agree, I'm figuring about the same point difference and that it could go either way. My gut is very nervous about this one, more than the Als game. The fact that its in Calgary, even more so.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope the Tiger Cats come up BIG!!!

Give the ball to Avon.
15 carries and a few screens will keep the nags off balance on defence.

Get pressure on Burris
Calgary's "O" line has allowed 15 sacks so far this year so I am hoping for a big night from our awesome front "7"

Ugh... 9:30 is a long way away...lol

Great job BYF......

Looking forward to seeing the Cats continue their success....

8) Agree, we have to get pressure on Burris for sure, but when we do, we have to plug up his running lanes also.
  We all know what he can do if he breaks containment !!

Avon could have a very big night, Calgary is using a back-up middle linebacker and have an offensive lineman playing defensive tackle.

A couple screens could be useful against a blitz happy defense as well.

This game is a preview of this year's Grey Cup game. You heard it here first.

Thanks for starting the game thread BYF and nice job as always.

Cats need a win tonight to stay with the bummers and move on from the Bruce era, short as it was.

With Winnipeg's defence even an banged up Buck Pierce makes them a formidable opponent. As Sara Orleski reported they basically out-manned an undefeated Eskimos.

It must be a very talented receiving corps than can afford to trade an all-star receiver and have a near 1K guy from last year not able to make the 42. Tonight we need to see that talent produce.

Going into the season what looked to be a shakey Secondary is coming together nicely and will be tested once again like last week.

Oskie Wee Wee

p.s. You'd think those Alberta cowboys and oil workers could start a Saturday game earlier than 9:30 EST.

For those who care it is even worse for us poor east coast Cat fans with a 10:30 ADT start.Boo Hoo!But I'll be watching,living hopefully not dieing with my Cats!

The Eastern clubs should have a few 10 am start times in payback of these late nights out West.

One hour until kickoff...

Damn late games....at least I got to see Colby Rasmus hit his first home run as a Blue Jay.

If I hear Rod Black's voice tonight I'm going to snap...lose it.

Black has already done two games this week, I don't know if I'll be able to handle a third.

Thanks for the compliments on how I started the thread. And there were some good pre-game posts here.

I also hope Cobourne will be utilized properly and utilized often enough. I also want to see Kelly show us why he was hyped up before the season started.

But I have some bad news about Black. Check out this article to see who'll do play-by-play: http://www.ticats.ca/article/head-to-he ... -vs-stamps

Listening to CHML with an MLS game being on TSN.

Thanks for the game thread BYF

Game time is in about 15 minutes
The Cats have a very good opportunity to be 4-2 in about 3 hours. As long as they play error free football I think we have the better team.
No turnovers, no stupid selfish dumb ass penalties and proper execution, the Cats will be successful

Go Cats

http://ofhsl.ca/files/images/charliebrown.gif