Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders Play-by-Play Game Thread:7/17/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: July 17, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_cal.jpg

It has only been five days since the last game played by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. But Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so this thread that is for posting about the game as it is happening is here. It did not seem like a long time since we were posting in that last game thread where we discussed each entertaining, interesting, and controversial moment in the last game. That thread from five days ago was where discussions of what we would talk about for the next few days began. Will there be moments like those to discuss here this time? We shall see. Now here we go...

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can demonstrate that they are "for real" and to improve their chances of continuing to be in second place in their division.

WHERE - McMahon Stadium in Calgary, Alberta.

WHEN - Thursday, July 17th, at 9:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the "listen live" link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
Or visit www.y108.ca and click the "listen live" link there, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview here on Ticats.ca. It says there that Jesse Lumsden and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats travel to Calgary... but other than that, this page is a great place to get information on the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. I thought what Taaffe had to say about preparation for this game was interesting.

Click here to view that Ticats Triathlon video. It may not be related to the game, but it's something entertaining to watch before the game. (And we'll see if Setta really will be a "tsunami of swagger" or if having a different long snapper might affect his swagger.)

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Interesting to see Rodriguez listed as a starting WR ahead of Cohen and Wilson (and Bauman not listed as a starter on it.) Dyakowski is also listed ahead of Cavka at LG, probably because of the Lumsden injury and that import/non-import ratio thing. Also interesting to see Miles and Woodcock listed on special teams.

Click here for the Stamps depth chart. Interesting to see Ben Sankey on it (I thought he was released.) And seeing four former Ticats starting on their D makes me want to see our offence do well against them. I do not want to hear about how those four "came back to haunt us" after this game is over.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 60% probability of precipitation this evening and there is a risk of thunderstorms. Southeast winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 19°C.

The Ticats may be taken more seriously after looking impressive in two of their three regular season games. But victory in Calgary will not come easily. It has been said that it is important for the Ticats to get this season off to a good start. And even though they will not be winless after four games this year, 1-3 is not much different from 0-4. It is quite possible that the team will be 1-3 after this one, with Lumsden out with an injury. But remember that the last time these teams met, the Ticats came from behind to win while Printers was out with an injury. It would be good to see the Ticats back at .500, so I say...

Go Ticats!

The always complete game thread. Thanks BYF.

This is a big test for the Cats. As long as they can eliminate turnovers and keep their head about them staying away from penalties, the Tiger Cats have a good chance of winning

12 1/2 hours to go

Go Cats

The Calgary web-site depth chart has to be wrong about Ben Sankey.

The CFL web-site CP article, the stamps web site press release, and the audio press conference yesterday on the stamps site all mention that Ben has been released.

As fourth quarterback he was unlikely to have any effect on the game tonight, but it was a Hamilton angle....

Oskee wee wee.

Honestly, the Stamps D doesn't scare me at all. They have Cat rejects Armour, Hodges and Anderson all starting, and the Als proved last week that Calgary's D can be attacked for lots of points. I think tonight's game will be a high scoring one, with the Cats coming out on top.

I also believe the Cats can come out on top, but the offence is going to have to eat up as much of the clock as possible and keep the Stamps offence off the field. Otherwise, it could be a very long night.
GO CATS

I'll be listening to the game from Florida on my laptop and sipping pina coladas...

Awesome thread!

But I have to disagree with you on the bolded part. While it may not seem like much, the first win of the season is always one of the most important ones. They got the monkey off their back with the Toronto game. That's huge. Many other teams will be 1-3 after this weekend. One more win they'll be 2-3, not so bad.

Nice job BYF. Your game threads are becoming tradition. I don't feel like it's game day until I see your work.

I'm looking forward to a TiCat aerial attack tonight.

Thanks great Work BYF

less than2 hours-to-go...

I know a lot of people are not giving our Ticats a chance without Lumsden. I say we have the best running back depth in the league. I believe we can pull this upset!!!

I wish this game was earlier than 9pm.. ugh!

ya -2 Hours Time CST

harder to go early the More west you go .

Pre-game currently being spoiled by last week's "controversial" call.

Get over it TigerTown. Move on. Sun will rise tomorrow.

I agree the run game will be ok. printers will pass for 400yds and some tds. still wont be enough though with our porous defence. Gotta stay close and if it gets outta hand the wheels could come off defensively.
thanks again BYF, great game thread as always!!!

Is it possible for me to watch the game live on tsn.ca for free? if so can someone tell me how.

i am not very good with computers.

Thanks

if you are in canada go to tsn.ca, cfl page and hit on the right where it says watch live.

Got home from work just in time.

Does anyone else miss Oskie Oui Oui on these game threads?

Come back soon Russ.

I dont see it there right now and hopefully it will be up soon. just check there and see. thats where I watch them when not home.