Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders Play-by-Play Game Thread (6/30/07)

Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: June 30, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_cal.jpg

Yes, the first Tiger-Cats gameday of the 2007 regular season is finally here. And so the first regular season game thread is finally here. We have been waiting for this for a long time. A new season begins, and we hope for this season to get off to a good start. But whatever happens in this game, there will be much discussion of it as it happens, here in this thread I’ve volunteered to set up.

WHAT – The season opener for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (and Calgary Stampeders.)

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – It is the regular season opener for the Ticats. Finally. Need I say more?

WHERE - McMahon Stadium in Calgary, Alberta

WHEN - Saturday, June 30th 2007, at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (8:00 p.m. local time)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) in Hamilton, or CHQR (770 kHz AM) in Calgary.

Television: CBC. (The pregame show begins at 9:30 p.m. EDT.)

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.qr77.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Calgary’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CHQR now.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for an article on the game on CBC’s website.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Stampeders depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 18 degrees Celsius.

And so a new season begins. It is time for a new beginning. Everything that happened on the field prior to this does not matter now. But the Ticats are not expected do that well in this game or during this season, but we’ll see if they prove a few critics wrong, starting tonight.

Go Ticats!

Nice Game Thead BYF...

Go Cats ! :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of players have new numbers. Zeke #16…Yik!

No Bauman tonight according to the Spec, same with Anthony Davis and Mckay. What up with that?

I was just told that McKay has a back problem. Not sure about Davis and Bauman..

Thanks for an excellent game day thread, BobYoungFan!

Here's hoping that starting Ticat quarterback Jason Maas and the Ticat offence have a very productive, injury-free game tonight.

Good luck to the Ticat defensive and special teams units as well. Given that this will be new Ticat defensive coordinator Ed O'Neil's first CFL regular season game, it will be interesting to see how the Ticat defence responds when the Stampeders use a five receiver set or perhaps the occasional six receiver set.

238 minutes to go...

OSKI WEE WEE
OSKI WA WA
HOLY MACKINAW
TIGERS
EAT 'EM RAW!!!!

;)

What's with a ten o'clock start anyway? Couldn't those oil-grubbing Albertans get to the stadium earlier on a Saturday?

What's the deal with all the complainers about the start time? It's called time zones, shouldn't be a surprise. It's been around for a few years, and was invented by a Canadian. It's really only a 1/2 hour later start for a typical evening game of 7:30.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO… ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!..

Go Cats Go… a new season begins, I feel the electricity in the air…

It's Saturday. Most people don't work today. There's no good reason to start the game at seven o'clock local time. They could make it four o'clock local (like MLB does) and it would be in prime time in Eastern Canada.

Sure, it would be prime time out East, but doesn't it matter that the "prime-time" is different out West where the game is being played? You don't hear us left-coasters complaining about a 10:00 a.m. labour day start(boy, am i going to be incoherent by noon). Anyways, just seems that a lot of fans complain for the sake of complaining....Regardless. go-cats-go!!! 6:30 is a great time to start out here, sunny day for once, and no humidity. Point being, it's all relative.

Regards,

A displaced Hammer-Head.

I can't stay up until one o'clock to watch the game.

I am prevented from fully participating in the CFL.

I am a seasons ticket holder.

I am being marginalized by the rest of the league.

I am going to set up a 401 blockade tomorrow to raise awareness of my plight.

I will reconsider if someone gives me free stuff.

hahaha

I'M SERIOUS!!!!

First we take Hamilton, then Berlin.

No, not really. Just trying to make a point or two.

Pregame show in 20 Mins

COME ON TICATS GO GO GO JO JO

are we there yet?

Danny Mac always Black and Gold