Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/16/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: August 16, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. The last game thread, which you can click here to view was a fun one, let's hope this one will be even better. In any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can catch up to Montreal in the standings, and leave the blew team and the spies six points behind them.

WHERE - Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Sunday, August 16th, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. "The Steeltown Network" as Chris Davis called it.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Great to see Floyd and Adams back on it.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 90% probability of precipitation this evening. Light rain is in the forecast, and close to 5mm of it is expected. Northwest winds of 30 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 8 degrees Celsius. Seriously. 8 degrees in August.

The Ticats haven't won in Saskatchewan since August 2000. They came close to winning the last time they were there, but they are out to win, and anything less than that will be a disappointment. Saskatchewan does look beatable, the Ticats can beat the Riders despite the Ticats being 5 point underdogs for some reason, so I say...

Go Ticats!

Well done as always, BYF!

GO CATS!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Thanks for another first rate game day intro, BobYoungFan.

Go Cats Go!

Yet another great job setting up the play-by-play thread BYF. I’m hoping for rain as the TiCats seem to be quite comfortable in unfavourable conditions - like Mosaic Field.

Oskie Wee Wee!

Very nice! Go Cats, let's take out the melon in melonhead!

Just Bet has us by 6

[url=http://insider.justbet.com/cfl/2009/08/cfl-betting-game-of-the-month-week-7-hamilton-tiger-cats-vs-saskatchewan-roughriders-700-et/]http://insider.justbet.com/cfl/2009/08/ ... rs-700-et/[/url]

That's not what that means. The team with the minus number is the favourite. Someone else might be able to explain it better than I so I won't try. But Sask is the one favoured by 6.

Although they are picking the ti-cats to beat the spread, in other words they figure we won't lose by more than six, even though we may not win.

Once again BYF, thanks for the GD thread...i look forward to participating with the usual cohorts, and some new ones hopefully!!

Go Cats!!!!

For those of you who cannot get The Steeltown Network just click HERE or HERE

LETS GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you lost?

Thanks RJ, have to admit I didn't read it close enough to understand what it mean't. My screwup on interpretation here. Glad I'm not a betting man! :oops:

Working tonight so will be missing the game live, BUT have it on the PVR to watch at 4am tonight when I get in, so....not visiting this forum tonight, not going on TSN/Sportsnet website while at work, turning twitter off and having no contact with the sporting world until i get home....COME ON HAMMER!

Oskie Wee Wee!

Ive got pre game nerves, cant eat cant sleep. :roll: :cowboy: Lets get out there and play some ball. :thup:

Bring on the rain!!!! Ti-Cats 26 Roughriders 18. Good guys will move to 5-2!!

Time to go pickup Wendy's combo number 2 biggie size and watch some football! :thup:

Now that is some real game day food! To hell with popcorn and nachos. Burgers, dogs, chicken fingers.. now thats game day food!

Moosemeat sausage on a bun with sauerkraut. . . can't be beaten ~!!

I'd like to thank all those who complimented me on how I started this thread. If it hadn't been these compliments, I don't think I'd be doing this.

I've got the pregame show on CHML now. And here are tonight scratches, according to this: http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/ ... hes-1.html

#30 RB Terry Caulley
#43 LB Dennis Haley
#53 Cedric Gagne-Marcoux
#99 DT Jermaine Reid

Caulley is out yet again. But it's funny how we are not as concerned about the injuries to Caulley and Currie. Maybe if Cobb was not doing so well, and AB3 had not been acquired, we would be.

Speaking of Cobb, he'll need to do well in this game. As expected, rain is coming down now, and there are 30+ km/h winds there. Cates has not been doing as well, and teams haven't been getting as many rushing yards against our D lately it seems.

The Ticats have not been getting off to good starts lately. I'd like to see that trend change, starting tonight. It would be great to silence those Watermelon heads. Because they really could get into it. Some of them might be like SaskaMan/SaskaGuy, and you can click here to see what I'm talking about.

Once again, will Glenn replace Porter? I'm hoping the crowd of Watermelon heads will be shouting "we want Jyles!" at some point.

I'm listening to CHML's pre-game too. The announcer stated how he thinks this game is winable. I'm getting tired of this defeatist attitude. The TiCats are 4&2 - of course this game is winable. He also mentioned how even next game (Edmonton) is winable. Winable? We just beat them last week - of course the re-match is winable.

Grrrr.