Tiger-Cats Vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread (7/31/2010)

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: July 31, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Those of you who want to discuss what's happening in the game as it's happening can post during the game here. It should be busy here in this game thread, lots of page refreshing will have to be done by those participating in it. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can avoid being 1-4 and prove how good they can be by defeating a very good team.

WHERE - Taylor Field in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Saturday, July 31st, 2010, at 6:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 40% probability of precipitation and southeast winds of 5 km/h are expected. There is a chance of thundershowers. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 25 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats have not won in Saskatchewan since the 2000 season. And it's probable that after tonight, we'll still be waiting for that first win there since then. But we have seen that in the CFL, it seems that anything can happen, and there is some parity in this league. Last week, after seeing Fantuz fumble, you have to think it's true that anything can happen. Some needed lineup tinkering has been done and we'll see if it'll pay off. The Riders are very good, but now it's time for the Cats to prove how good they are in taking on this Rider team. So now I say...

Go Ticats!

We need win today :slight_smile:

Just thought I would throw in this video game preview from cfl.ca.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/12955

Thanks for the time and effort you put into these game threads BYF.

I wonder what several members here will do with all their time and effort once the stadium debate is over.

Green is Colour :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Man In The Stands

It's time to forget that debacle in Calgary and move onto Hamilton. Originally I had said I wouldn’t rewatch last week’s game again. I couldn’t resist and I zipped through the first 3 quarters. The good news is the Riders weren’t as outplayed as badly as you’d think based on the score. Up to about midway through the third quarter that game was there for the taking, but the Riders made a lot of errors to let opportunities slip away. A combination of that and the Stamps being a good team that played well was the recipe for a blowout. The frustrating thing is that would have given the Riders a nice cushion for first, and had the Stamps reeling but it was not to be. The Stamps are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook. If you want to crown them, then crown their ***.

The team now has to regroup against a Hamilton team that is having their own issues. This is a team that some (not me) thought would challenge Montreal for first in the East. Instead they sit dead last.

[url=http://www.riderfans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:july-31-tiger-cats-at-roughriders&catid=20:man-in-the-stands&Itemid=103]http://www.riderfans.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=103[/url]

We should have beat the Stamps a few weeks ago.

The Stamps beat the Riders last week.

Therefore, we should beat the Riders tonight.

Thanks as always to BYF for teeing up the game thread for this week!

We shall see how this team responds to the Montreal shellacking...I expect hardnosed Ticat football in a tough environment. Will our coaches respond to the challenge? We shall see -- it will NOT be an easy task!

Two key players to watch: Marcus Thigpen and Dylan Barker in his homecoming. Will Thigpen suffer yet again from Corey Holmes Syndrome and not be a factor BY DESIGN? Can Barker leave a mark as the starting safety and give us a much-needed spark from that position?

Time will tell.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

The key players I'll be watching are the five up front on the O line. Gibson needs to bring an effective game plan, Sandro needs to get out of his funk and yes, Barker needs to shine tonight.

From Drew: "The Ticat scratches are Fournier, Reid, Dewit and Ramsay."

I was hoping Fournier would be our 1st and goal guy.

Thanks to those who complimented me on how I started the game thread off. Good to know that you like how I keep this gameday tradition going.

Thanks. I thought I might’ve missed something. :slight_smile:

Anyway, we’ll be watching how the lineup tinkering will go. The pass protection has been good since week 2, but will Johnson keep it that way? Will Rottier remind us why we planned on having him at RG before the Jimenez injury? Will Bauman be more consistent and make the most of the opportunity he’s been given?

Players to watch will be Johnson, Goodspeed, Rodriguez, and of course, Thigpen. They must be looking forward to going up against their former teams. Interesting how the starting RTs for both teams played for their opponents not too long ago.

How will we handle Dressler, Prechae, and the RCAF? I understand our D held the fort against the Als surprisingly well. Can they keep it up? Will our almost all Canadian O line open holes for RBs? They have the Canadian Air Force, we tend to keep ours in the trenches. And will Barker make us wonder why he wasn’t starting earlier this year?

Chances are, Riders will win. But two questions for those who think we have no chance:

1. Who won the last game between these two teams?
  2. Who could not get a TD in that game?

Listening to CHML now as TSN does not have pregame show. Kickoff in about 15 minutes.

Hello
I'm back from Canada, I finally saw the Tiger Cats win for the first time in about 8 years in the game against Winnipeg.
Hamilton needs this game, they can't afford to go 1-4.
I think Saskatchewan is quite beatable. Hamilton needs to come out and score early and often and keep the crowd out of the game.
Go Cats

I'm wishing we still had Rodrigues. He's filled out. Doesn't look anorexic anymore. Didn't workout that hard here.

If the TiCats find a way to win this game all will be forgiven. I also bought a lottery ticket tonight.

OSKEE WEE WEE
OSKEE WAH WAH
HOLLY MACINAW
TIGER
EATEM RAW!!!!!

Must’ve been fun to be there at that game.

That trade’s not looking good for us, but I hope the Mann-Thompson swap will look better for us soon.

I didn’t really mind there not being a TSN pregame show, because I head Obie and Sal make very good points on CHML.

Kickoff coming up.

The Riders D is Giving up the most total offense in League

Here's a tough one. Which would you prefer? A Cats win or to hit the jackpot?

Kick it to Thiggy!

Game on!

That guy who was one of Riders last cuts starts us at our 36.

Need long drives to ground RCAF. Starting now.