Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/28/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: July 28, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. It may get busy here, with lots of posting any page refreshing going on here this evening. In any case, here we go.

WHAT - Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY - To see if the Ticats can improve their record to 3-2 and get themselves back into first place in their division.

WHERE - Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Saturday, July 28th, 2012, at 6:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

Things have changed since week one, the last time these teams met. The Riders have established that they are not so easy to defeat. The Ticats, after working out kinks after an off-season of changes could be described as a revolution rather than evolution, are not looking as easy to beat as they were in week one. It won't be easy to get a win at Taylor Field. But if this team keeps improving the way that it has, then they should be 3-2 rather than 2-3 after this. Next week is a bye week. Will they be enjoying a well-deserved week off, or thinking about what went wrong then? I'm hoping for the former, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

Go Cats !

PS: there was a thread elsewhere looking for "live streaming" of the game but no responses. Maybe someone reading the game thread can supply a good link.

Thanks, and again, Go Cats ! 8)

This game will be a true test for our defence. At the moment I rate our D as the worst in the League. (Behind the argos)
If we pull off a win here I now that we can beat out the Argos in the play offs.
The worst thought on my mind is to see the hated Argos putting together in one year a team that can play in the GC.
And we have been trying for twelve years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Kickoff coming up in about 30 minutes, and I have CHML's pregame show on now.

Ticats scratches are OL Pascal Baillargeon, WR Simon Charbonneau-Campeau, RB Avon Cobourne & OL Nick Hennessey
The weather here is hot and humid: 28 degrees Celsius with a feel's-like temperature of 36. There is a school of though that this favours the Ticats, who are used to practicing in the heat and humidity of Southern Ontario.

The TSN pairing is Chris Cuthbert and Duane Forde.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/07/a-quick-update-ahead-of-ticats-at-riders.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/ ... iders.html[/url]

I think the key to victory tonight is scoring early and often. We have to shut up the Green Sea and build a lead quickly. Once we have a lead I think Burris will settle down along with the Rider fateful.

Quieting the crowd is important, especially now that they can get larger crowds into that stadium. But I do understand that the offence did prepare for crowd noise by having it play on the speakers during practices this week. Seeing good performances in the first (and third) would be great. Well, ideally, they'll do well for a full 60 minutes, something we haven't seen this team do so far this year.

Kickoff in about 10 minutes.

As great as it is to prepare for the crowd noise during the week, I doubt anything can compare to being on the field with a wall of green screaming at you. Henry and Andy will have to have strong psychological games tonight, cant let the fans get into their heads. Im confident it wont be an issue though, just need a full 60min of ball like BYF noted.

I just posted a couple sites on the "Streaming" thread

Game on!

Congi kicks it off, Jackson gets it to Rider 50. Aaron Kelly made good play there, they said?

Go D!

Rider offence starts with two passes that were good for FDs, then they get into red zone. So much for good start...

Lots of contact on the Getzlaf incompletion. Then they get eight - or is it nine? Going for it.

The CHML web site is not working and I can't get any video streams.
I've been reduced to listening this game on CKRM Regina

They gamble on 3rd and 2, and it pays off. 1st and goal for them.

And got it. Dang!

Pressure on first down results in a throwaway.

3rd and goal from the 1, they drop back to hand off... Riders get TD.

There was some pressure on Durant to force bad passes, but D wasn't good enough that drive, of course.

Offence will need to click early with crowd into it.

WE are going to win or lose by are defence!!!( which I think is worse in the league)

Not a good start for us.
The offence needs to come right back and score
I finally got CHML to load, it's better than listening to those wheat farmers on CKRM

Chevy starts us at our 35, crowd trying to taunt Fantuz and/or Burris.

FANTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ FD!

Were they trying to get him off his game? It didn’t work.

Porter in on short yardage. About time.