Tiger-Cats Vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/16/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: July 16, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will be there at IWS. But those who can't make it to IWS and will have to watch the game on television can discuss the game with their fellow Ticat fans here. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get that first win of the season and be tied with the blue team in the standings.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, July 16th, 2011, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He might be keeping his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on today's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 20% probability of precipitation this afternoon and southeast winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 30 degrees Celsius.

This season has not quite started out the way the Ticats wanted it to, with that 0-2 start. And they are looking to avoid an 0-3 start, against another team that has that same goal. The Ticat offence has disappointed, but the Rider defence has not done well at all these first two games. If there is a defence that this offence needs to go up against, it may well be this Rider defence. In the game preview on Ticats TV, it was said the team was focusing on itself and on what it needed to do. This team needs to focus on what it has done wrong, and what can be done to correct it. But they must also know their opponents, as they look to prove that they are not as bad as those first two games may indicate.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

--Sun Tzu

Go Ticats!

Great job, BYF. I like the quote.

Pass rush should have a big game today. Let's hope C.Williams does the returning and Thiggy is used in the Offence.

shhhhhhhhh...that Lancaster bomber is in the air over the mountain right now (11:30 am).....so, maybe, just maybe it has a date over the stadium at 4 pm ?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=984748333171&id=9529619a96f3a9e0c0fdc79396fd1308&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warbirdalley.com%2Fimages%2FLanc4.jpg

Great job BYF... looking forward to reading and participating in a jumbled GDT.. time stamp twighlight zone!!

I hope I am wrong and blow Door off the Green Riders

Woop! I get to watch the game at work today, Thank you NFL Network! Two of my co-workers, one from Louisiana, one from Colorado, will be watching the game with me today. When the TiCats romp the green bloods, hopefully I will have some Saints/Broncos to Ticats fans converts today!

Get er Done Oskie Wa Wa :cowboy:

Pre Game is now on TSN

Hi folks!

From Ticats’ Twitter:

Today's scratches: OL Mark Dewit, RB Terry Grant, DB Terrence Lee and WR Maurice Mann
Also from Ticats' Twitter (via Drew's blog):
Mann apparently cut his foot after practice Thursday needed stitches and can't go. Chris Williams will start in the slot.
So, no Bruce, no Mann. Primary receivers today: Thigpen, McDaniel, Grant, Stala, Williams. A little nervous here, but definitely a chance for a few players to show the coaches that they deserve to be there.

It’ll be interesting to see how many times they go to Stephenson out of the backfield.

Hiya Russ… nice to see you make it

This is Thiggy’s time to shine as a slot, IMHO!

And Cobourne’s time, both on the ground and through the air.

Hi folks. Thanks for the compliments on how I started the game thread.

Cable TV is out in my area unfortunately.

Hope to hear about Ticats doing well on offence to start.

Just head Deuces gains us 9 to start after the McDaniel return.

Couldn’t go to today’s game, family thing, oh well, let’s do it boys. :thup:

Poor kick.

Well, Cats went two and out. Medlock shanked a punt. Good afternoon LOL :wink:

Hi Folks

It's 4:00 am here, I hope it's worth getting up
CHML keeps cutting out on line

INT by Rey Williams! Big play on the tip!

Nice! Grwat d :thup:

Williams catches the tip-up, almost scores.

The juggling balls come in handy again.

And 1st and goal, too, right?

Get it in the end zone…

Good point, but I don’t know if was Williams who was doing that drill. The DBs did.