Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/12/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: July 12, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_sask.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the thread for posting about the game, primarily during the game, is here. Now let's see if we can get it off to a good start.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get themselves over .500 and tied for first place in their division. (It has been too long since either of those things happened.)

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, July 12th, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. Local blackouts are not in effect. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the "listen live" link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
Or visit www.y108.ca and click the "listen live" link there, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview here on Ticats.ca. And let me tell you, this preview is much better for getting information about the game than this post is. :slight_smile:

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Good to see Bauman and McKay-Loescher back on it.

Click here for the Riders depth chart. (It is a PDF file.)

Click here for today's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 40% probability of precipitation this afternoon, and there is a chance of thundershowers. Southwest winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 28°C, but it is expected to feel like it is 34°C with the humidity.

Click here to view last week's game thread.

And you can click here after the game for postgame reactions live on Ticats TV.

Last week, the Ticats proved some critics wrong in defeating the blue team decisively. But can the Ticats keep it up? Will they win this game, and in doing so, win some respect? And win or lose, will these team at least be competitive and be entertaining? Hopefully, the answers to these questions will be "yes" and having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

Another fantastic job, BYF.

We go into this game with more hope and optimism than we've been able to muster for a few years. A good game today, and good fan involvement, would be impetus for the successful season we all anticipate.

I'm going to insert the cheer, as we used to know it before changes....

Oski-Wa-Wa
Whiskee-Wee-Wee
Holy Mackinaw
Tigers, Eat 'em Raw!

Come on Cats you can beat these bums.

OMG, huge run by jesse lumsden

( im not gonna be around for the game, but im sure this will apply at some point..maybe multiple times )

Nice work BYF ..

I look forward to Reading the Thread when I get home from Games.

I hope it is after a Win tonight..

If it's not a win then the season is over. lol

I WANT A TICATS WIN…no excuses

We have to dominate the line of scrimmage early and often .

I`d love to see a fake to Jesse on our first play from scrimmage and a long pass to Mitchell . Eveyone in the stadium will be thinking a Lumsden run on the first play .
Right now, there is a 40% probability of precipitation this afternoon, and there is a chance of thundershowers. Southwest winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 28°C, but it is expected to feel like it is 34°C with the humidity.
Hey! There's a 60% chance of no rain!!!! Get out there and cheer!

This will be a good game, and I am expecting good things from the ti cats. maybe some more passing at the beginning than we will run the ball down their throats... atleast thats what I am hoping for!!

WellI have to work from 1-9 so I have to miss the game! I was planning on going to the game but looks like thats not possible! Any of you be able to tell me how I can watch the game on the internet when I get home?

well we may have a rainy second half.

Thunderstorms are supposed to begin around 6 and continue throughout the evening.

Go Cats!

Oski Wee Wee,

Ahh yes the BYF gameday thread, quickly becoming a household icon, great job yet again, look forward to participating in today's thread, see you all at kick off!!!

GO CATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first game this year I am able to watch live. And I AM PUMPED!!!!

Lets Go CATS. Lets bring it today!! No easing up on the inexperienced Sask QBs

Osk kee wee wee!!!!!!!!!!

I think sask might have some tricks up there sleeve. Maybe they will come in passing while everyone is waiting for the run. I dont know but any qb that gets time and open recievers can move the ball. Cats need pressure and coverage especially on the ends. Its hot as heck and less than one hour to kickoff and counting.!!!!!!!

agreed beetlejuice,

the cats will have to play very smart defensively. I think Sask. will expect the blitz a lot.

Just watching the pre-game on TSN.

The guru's are saying that Sask is best in League against the run...Saskatchewan is also distinguished as being the only team that has never faced a healthy Jesse Lumsden...Coincidence?

And apparently the Cats have not beat the Riders since 2003... I remember that game. When we won I felt like we had won the Grey Cup.