Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 6/29/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: June 29, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will be there at the game. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get this 2012 season off to a good start.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, June 29th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN and RDS2.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

It is that time again. Time for a new CFL season. After an off-season in which many changes were made to this team, this 2012 season, the final one that this team will play at Ivor Wynne Stadium, is here. The CFL season will begin with this Ticat team taking on the Saskatchewan Roughriders. And the goal for this team is to make it so that the CFL season will end with this Ticat team celebrating winning the 100th Grey Cup right in the heart of enemy territory. But tonight, the goal is simply to get this season off to a good start and get a win that this team should be able to get. And so there is only one thing left that needs to be said, and that, of course, is...

Go Ticats!

Great to see your game day threads back for another season. Thank you, BobYoungFan.

I won't be by my computer tonight, but I will be able to see the game. First thing tomorrow morning I will sit before my monitor with my coffee in hand reading this thread. Looking forward to that. Always a fun read.

Thanks for teeing this one up, BYF. Really looking forward to tonight's game, to see if what we've seen in preseason from our new players, coaches, well, pretty much everything, is real. It looks very promising so far, but now the real test begins.

Interesting that the depth chart has us starting only fifteen imports. Which means one of the other four dressed imports is unrestricted, able to sub in anywhere for anybody. My guess for the reserve, given that we've been told that Knowlton is dressing, is Jones, R. Brown, I. Brown, and Stephenson, with Walker being the undesignated import. Given the uncertainty over Hage's ability to stay in the game, I think they need to dress Baillargeon. And by making Walker the un-DI, he can sub in for Darcy Brown when they go with a two-back set without messing up the receiver ratio, meaning they don't need to dress Stephenson (not that they ever use Stephenson as a runningback anyway).

Cant wait to make my way down to the old girl tonight!!

Have fun, TcMike.

May the force of the Black and Gold be with you.

Thanks for making the thread BYF. You pondered on wanting to do it this year but you couldn't retire with this being the final year of Ivor Wynne and the Cats having a legitimate shot of going to and winning Grey Cup #100. You can go out in a blaze of glory at the end of the season.
I've been looking forward to this game all week. Having all our starters play for an entire game has a very positive sound to it.
It's time for bed, I'll see everyone in about 7 hours

Go Cats

Good Luck to the 2012 Tiger-Cats !

Welcome to any and all new players, coaches and staff ! 8)

:thup: ah yes may we destroy those dark side Riders on our way to Rogers in Nov :cowboy:

Dont Forget....................

LOUD ON DEFENCE !!!!!!!!!!! :rockin:

The Ticats have been my second favorite team since one of our neighbors was an ex Ticat offensive lineman
Nice guy
(no I don't remember who...my Dad's friend...around 40 years ago)

It's really great to see the Cats getting their "stuff" together this year...
with Smiling Hank and The Canadian Air Force (east)
Best of luck to the Cats this season
(Well...second best, perhaps)

:wink:

Drew is reporting that the reserve tonight is Cobourne, Murphy, Ray, and Baillargeon. Yikes! That's a bit of a surprise, to say the least.

That looked pretty "bend, don't break" to me. Couple of 1st downs, but then a stop. Lot's of different looks, with Knowlton at DB, but JJ dropping on another play. Creative. (Hope it works.)

With Murphy out, Williams taking the punt return. Got a few straight up the middle.

The O-line is struggling early. It all starts up front, the big guys have to get it done

Scott injured trying to tackle the returner. Darcy Brown practicing long snap.

Evenin' all

Welcome to the echo chamber. Pretty quiet here tonight, with it being a home game.

lol… that’d be a good thing!

Now if the defense would just do something

They definitely have the “bend” part of it down pat. Now, let’s work on that “don’t break” part, ok?

Too late.

Sigh!

The defence is having problems early. They're having problems in coverage and not getting the pressure that's required. The offence better get it in gear and get some points on this drive