Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/31/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: October 31, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. It is time for the last regular season game at IWS this year, which will hopefully not be the last game at IWS this year. And the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will make themselves more likely to be in that EDSF game with a win today.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, October 31st, 2009, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the press conference before the game on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 30% probability of precipitation and winds of 40 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 9 degrees Celsius.

It may be true that next week's game in Winnipeg is the one that matters, because if the Ticats win that one, they'll host this year's EDSF game regardless of what happens this week. But if the Ticats win this one, they could still be in that EDSF game even if they lose in Winnipeg next week, but would need some help from other teams. And it would be good to see this team keep up that "momentum" it has going, and beat a good team. No western team has won at IWS so far this year, now let's keep it that way.

Go Ticats!

If it seems that you are expected to start these threads, there is a reason for that.

The reason is that you do such a great job. I can't think of any information I would want that you haven't covered. Thanks once again.

I will be loud and i will be proud and i will be at IWS for the greenback ass kicking party....

Oskie Wee Wee
Oskie Waa Waa
Holy Mackinaw
Tigers... Eat 'em RAW!! 

Hope everyone at home and in the stadium enjoys the game ....

Many thanks to BYF for doing these threads on a weekly basis.
Another early morning game but this year it means something.
We need a win to show we belong in the league's best

Go Cats

Dear B.Y.F! THANK YOU! you really are THE man! Likes another poster said, everything I need is right here, and the fact you do this for every game is wicked! Lets give B Y F a Cheer hip hip hurray....haha JP OSKIE WEEE WEE BOYS!!

Thanks again for another fine game day intro, BobYoungFan. Go Cats Go!

Yes i enjoy the way you set things up as well . Leaving soon to tailgate at Scott Park hope it doesnt rain !!!

Looking for Robinson to get us good field position with some good returns as well !!!

:twisted: Whooooooo'll succeed at haunting their former team in the howwwwwwwling Hallowe'een wind?

Glenn, Grant, and Carter (Y.) :rockin: or Armstead, Getzlaf, and Kornegay? :thdn:
Can't wait! Hope it's Grrrrrreat!! Enjoy!!! :smiley:

Great job BYF.

Let's win today, again next week and host our first playoff game in a long time.

Oskie Wee Wee!

All the exciting new Canadian receivers this season and some good ones on the team we'll be playing today and we come up with #8 C. Grant something wrong with this picture. :oops:

Enjoy the Thread guys ..

I'll be up sec 8 Cheering away Praying for Much Need Win.

When our Ticats are on their game they can play with anyone. I'm looking for the D that virtually shut down Calgary in both games and the O that put up almost 1000 yards of offense in 2 games. With their 2 great DE we will need some backfield blocking.

Great job as always with this thread, BYF!

BYF: your efforts in setting up these game threads are much appreciated for the attention to detail.

Compared to how I set my game threads? LMAO :wink: I went to the Evelyn Woods Speed School of Internet Information Transmission -- here's what's on, here's one site with the info, you can type, find more on Google yourself, please excuse me because Michael Bishop is throwing footballs and the inner octogenarian curmudgeon in me doesn't want to die. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ought to be a great game as long as the Cats answer the opening whistle and remain aggressive. It's another test to apply the blueprint of how they roughed up the Als on offense to another playoff-calibre opponent heading into their showdown with the Spies next week.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

It's going to be a long day for the kickers when headed west.

SSK radio reports that Rider starting DB Lance Frazier is too sick with the flu to dress.

Isn't he already filling in for someone else? If so that means at least a 2nd and maybe even 3rd stringer will be in there. Lets hope Glenn exploits whoever it is.

I believe Frazier and Eddie Davis, considered SSK's top DB, have been the two regular starters inside most of the season. Davis hurt a knee last week against BC and is maybe done for the year.

I'm ready for the final regular season home game of the decade.

Next week's game against Winnipeg will be important without a doubt.
But, a win today is absolutely vital. Our team must go into Winnipeg with this win already in the bag. Too many things beyond their control could go wrong if the last games is the decider.

Oski-wa-wa.

Wow. That was more praise for the editing, copying, and pasting I do in starting these threads off. But thanks to those who praised me anyway. :slight_smile:

Anyway, check this out: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts ... 1/caon0289

Wind warning: City of Hamilton Issued at 12:13 PM EDT SATURDAY 31 OCTOBER 2009 STRONG WINDS TODAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DAMAGING WINDS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. A FALL STORM OVER NORTHERN ONTARIO HAS TRACKED INTO NORTHERN QUEBEC TODAY. A COLD FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM IS SWEEPING THROUGH SOUTHERN ONTARIO TODAY. THE PASSAGE OF THIS COLD FRONT IS ACCOMPANIED BY STRONG AND GUSTY SOUTHWESTERLY TO WESTERLY WINDS. EXPOSED AREAS ALONG THE EASTERN ENDS OF LAKE ERIE AND LAKE ONTARIO WILL EXPERIENCE THE STRONGEST WINDS. SUSTAINED SPEEDS OF 60 KM/H WITH GUSTS APPROACHING 90 ARE LIKELY FOR MUCH OF THE DAY. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO EASE LATE THIS AFTERNOON OR EARLY THIS EVENING.
That'll make things interesting.

On CHML is the Ottawa-McMaster game now. No pregame show for those who want one. And on The Score is the Guelph-Western game, where we see a former Ticat coach's team against a possible future Ticat P/K's team. We could get an idea of how wind will affect teams today there.