Tiger-Cats vs. 'Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/21/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: October 21, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_sask.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so that time for me to post this play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game as it happens is here. In fact, posting of this may be overdue with kickoff only being a few hours from now, so I suppose once again there won’t be as much pre-game discussion here this time. But with this game being away from IWS there might be quite a few posts. Or perhaps not, with the way team has played this season. In any case, this thread is here for people to discuss the game as it happens.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the 2-13 Ticats can surprise a few people, including the Riders, and give us reasons to look forward to the future, as we look to next season.

WHERE - Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Sunday, October 21st, at 3:00 p.m. EDT. (1:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or CKRM (620 kHz AM) broadcasting from Regina.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.620ckrm.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Saskatchewan’s talking heads.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the video game preview via Ticats TV. This video that is 6:43 in length consists of excerpts of interviews with Taaffe, Beveridge, Armour, and Moreno. Topics discussed include the possibility of “bad blood spilling over? from last week, things coming apart in the 2nd half last week, and the shakeup of the secondary. Also discussed was Moreno being nine tackles away form breaking a team record, and the competition between Moreno and Armour. I enjoyed listening to that part of that segment.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. There you will see many changes made there from last week. In addition to the juggling of the secondary are changes mentioned by TCTD here.
Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

Click here to view the Roughriders depth chart.

Click here for this afternoon's weather forecast.Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this afternoon. Northwest winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 8°C.

And so gameday is here and we have a rematch from last week. This time, the Ticats try to win a game in a stadium other than IWS, something they have not done this season. And the Ticats go into it without Terry Caulley, who impressed last week. For reasons such as these, it looks like many of us only hope to be entertained and to see some positive signs from this team.

Go Ticats!

Good luck Hamilton. The officiating has been absolutely brutal this weekend.If this continues, I hope its in your favour.

Again BYF Nice Job..

Hey guess what?

The ticats are going to win today.

Well, maybe if several of the Riders get themselves ejected again... :slight_smile:

No, seriously, I think the coaching staffs on both teams will do what they can to prevent that from happening, as was said in the game preview on Ticats TV that posted a link to above.

And thanks for the compliment on the game thread, Tom. I always appreciate that.

I wish it were so. BUT, with all the lineup changes it looks like today's purpose is to experiment, evaluate, and simply clear the decks for next year.

The team may be looking to entertain, but winning is not today's primary purpose.
Having said all that, they will probably go out and win, proving again that I don't know what I'm talking about!

BYF, another great job of setting up this thread!

1 hour till kickoff!

Week in and week out BYF you provide us with a great base for PBP.. awesome job once again!!

Go CATS!!

GAME ON!!

Thanks for the compliments on the game thread, Wilf and HTD.

Is anyone else watching the pregame show on TSN? The panel mentioned who should win awards for best defensive player and top Canadian. It was good to hear Dunigan say Moreno should be considered best defensive player (a TSN poll on best MLB proved he should be getting at least a little more respect.) And I'm surprised that Climie said Belli should be considered best Canadian (and NML was not even mentioned.)

Anyway, there will be a poll on TSN.ca during the game where you can vote for who the most outstanding player will be.

Kickoff in a few minutes.

OSKEE WEE WEE!

Great job BYF as always. You put a lot of time into kicking off these game threads and everyone who participates appreciates it.

We've got some injuries today, so hopefully those who get a start use it as an opportunity to shine.

Here we go!

Thanks again for compliments.

Lock the prediction thread, this game is on!

Boreham kicks off, Armstead with nice return to 42.

I predict first play will be handoff to Davis.

Nice run back by Armstead

But I did not predict 8 yard gain form Davis. Nice!

Nice prediction BYF

1st down!!!!!

Hello everyone
Let's see if the Cats can pull one off today

Thanks, but that was not hardest prediction to make. We rely on out running backs, perhaps a little too much.

Wow, deep pass to Ralph, nice effort from him, but he could not hang on on the play action fake.

Gotta put it in the numbers for Ralph