Tiger-Cats vs. Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/19/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: October 19, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_sask.jpg

It is once again gameday for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And so the thread for discussing the game as it is happening is also here. The season may be considered over now, and the kind of excitement that comes before the opening kickoff no longer seems to be there. And although that was not actually the reason I did not start last week's game thread, I will understand if there will not be many posts here. Still, this thread is here for those who want to post to it as the game is happening. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can surprise a few people, and perhaps avoid being the last place team in the league again.

WHERE - Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan.

WHEN - Sunday, October 19th, at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.
Internet: Visit http://www.y108.ca and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Interesting to see Tafralis listed at QB and the changes made on D.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats interactive depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 20% probability of precipitation this evening and northwest winds of about 20 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 6 degrees Celsius.

The rest of this season's games may be considered meaningless, although it is a time to look ahead to 2009. What kind of experimentation will we see by the Ticats in this game? There have already been a few backups who have come in and impressed at least to some extent. Will we see more of this? And we do hope to at least be entertained. Both the Ticats and Riders are coming off being defeated in one-sided losses, and both may see this as an opportunity for a win. Will the Ticats surprise the Riders and their critics? It could happen, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

I'm confused,

In this article http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hkbZAG125-1KWIXJv6Ol4R0Ywt0A it say Kenton Keith will miss this game. Yet on the depth chart for the game he is listed as the #2 RB. Also, I am not sure why Williams is listed as #1 and Smith is listed as #3. Smith has proved he has what it takes. Williams has not.

Williams is Canadian so he gets the start at RB. Ratio move im sure

Good point Mike. Thanks. I often forget to factor in that part of our game.

I am listening to CHML now and they said that Keith made the trip to Regina, but will not play. So as Lumsden, Caulley, and Keith are out, the Ticats are missing three RBs. The Ticats have had the best depth at RB in the CFL, and have needed it. Also, they said that Rempel will take Dyakowski's place at left guard, as Dyakowski is injured.

And the Riders have players coming back form injuries. They'll have Cates and Dominguez back in the lineup. Durant is starting at QB and it was Durant and Cates who played well when the Riders played the Cats earlier this year.

The Riders need this win, the Ticats do not need it as much. But you never know what can happen. That is why they play the games.

Let keep it close and win one ..

Also interesting to hear about Jyles being listed ranked ahead of Bishop on the Riders depth chart.

Kickoff in a few minutes, although that doesn't seem to matter to as many people. And that is how it has been at this time of the year for the past few years. But with the blue team still only two points ahead of the Ticats, can they avoid being the last place team in the league for the 4th consecutive year? As Sal said, the team needs to make this a springboard for next season, and players play for pride and for jobs.

Kickoff.

Boreham kicks it to Walker, and Walker gets good return to our 40.

Rodriguez could not quite hang onto well-thrown deep pass by Porter and we see what might be first of many two and outs.

Punt single, Ticats have 1-0 lead.

Yes, Ticats have lead. I'll enjoy this while I can.

Why did Bellefeuille wait that long (after Riders took timecount violation) to throw flag? And challenging whether or not Durant fumbled turned out being waste of time I thought it would be.

Finally nice Pressure...

Good to see some actual pressure by D on the QB, and Congi misses FG attempt against wind to tie the game.

And so that lead we had lasted about as long as I thought it would. But I thought it would be Riders who would have lead by now.

And there we see why I wanted to see some screen passes. Porter pressured, Smith gets us out of 2nd and 16 hole.

TD Davis 52 Yards !!!!!

8-1 Ticats.

Porter to Davis for 50+ yard TD pass! Rider defender who was supposed to cover him seemed to slip up or be eluded, and we take advantage.

8-1 Ticats. Like I said earlier in this thread, you never know what can happen.

THAT RECEIVER WAS OFFSIDE!!! YOU COULD SEE IT SO OBVIOUS!

they got away with that one!

Crap Durant is shifty!

http://tigercatatonia.blogspot.com/

there killing us on that QB Draw..
Dam Crehand has to go