Tiger-Cats vs. 'Riders Play-by-Play Game Thread:10/14/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders: October 14, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_sask.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game as it happens is due to be posted. In fact it may be overdue with kickoff only being a few hours from now, so I suppose there won’t be as much pre-game discussion here this time. And there won’t be as much discussion of the game here with some of the usual posters being at IWS. But it’ll be good to discuss the game here with the “can’t make it to IWS? crowd. So here we go…

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

WHY – To see if the 2-12 Ticats can surprise (and maybe even, dare I suggest, defeat) the Riders and give us reasons to look forward to the future.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Sunday, October 14th, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or CKRM (620 kHz AM) broadcasting from Regina.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.620ckrm.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Saskatchewan’s talking heads.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the video game preview via Ticats TV. This video that is 4:22 in length consists of excerpts of interviews with Taaffe, Setta, and Armstead.

Click here for view the Taaffe press conference.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

The Roughriders depth chart is not currently available, but you can click here to see previous depth charts and the one for this game when it becomes available.

Click here for this afternoon's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 20% probability of precipitation this afternoon. Northwest winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 15°C.

And so gameday is here once again, and not many may consider to Ticats likely to win this one. For the first time this year, they take on the team that seems to lead the league in ex-Ticats who are doing rather well. Can the Ticats pull off the upset? Stranger things have happened.

Go Ticats!

Thanks again as always, BYF!

I don't have the satellite TV set up at my new place as yet, so I'm going to give TSN Broadband a try on my clunker. LOL

Most likely, I will have to settle with CHML's radio feed, so I will pick my spots here in case folks "spoil" the excitement by spilling the beans due to the time lag between the radio and other means of covering live games.

Hoping for a big upset!

Oski Wee Wee,

I'm hoping for a great game. GO CATS GO.

Last Time we played the Riders at Home
the Blew us out I expected the Same today

Coach Taaffe says that the objective today is twofold...to win, and also to project for next year's training camp.
The two go hand-in-hand. it seems to me that wins from now on put the present players in the position of being favoured next year, with newcomers trying to oust them. Surely that alone should give today's team incentive.
Any more losses, on the other hand, mean that next year's training camp is wide open.

Hopefully that means a win today!

If the Cats play aggressively and play to win they have a chance
Lately they have been playing not to lose and don't have the edge they need

Go Cats

They just said on the radio that Hamilton is 11-39 over the last 3 years
That is a very sorry record

Time to turn it around. We need to go 39-11 to get back to .500

Let's start now

Good afternoon everyone... BYF yet again a masterful job on the PBP Thread.. looking forward to a Cat upset of those pesky Riders.... let's all play nice now boys and girls!!

GO CATS!!

Thank you Russ, it always to hear that I get these threads off to a good start. Although it does look like refreshing this thread may be the best way to get up-to-the-minute updates on the game. :slight_smile:

And those were some good points there Wilf, more or less related to what I said about giving reasons to look forward to the future.

Game on! Holmes gets Riders to their 20.

Uhhmmmmm ok then

Oh, what a nasty start. Joseph gets 51 yard pass off to Fantuz.

holly hell

un f'n belivable

Oh boy this is not looking good!!

lol

This about sums it up so far.. and the game JUST started!

wow :frowning:

If you are going to get scored against it might as well as happen quick rather than a long slow drive

ham 0

other team 35

And the next play, almost identical to first (excerpt it was play action fake) indicates this could be a blowout.

7-0 Riders.

Remember that in the Ticats first win this year, Winnipeg got a TD on their first drive, then the Ticats got one on first offensive play. But then again, that TD was from Lumsden.

Can Ticats recover from this? Our opponents seem to try to put us away quickly, apparently knowing we cannot recover. Then again, putting Ticats behind early does not seem to be hard to do.