Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (9/30/2006)

388 Passing yards one week near 0 next week!!! Wow!!

388 Passing yards one week near 0 next week!!! Wow!!

That's because he was playing against his old team and needs that kind of mental edge to be any good. He's got mental toughness problemsissues that will likely never go away.

Not totally unexpected that he's having trouble in the rain but this looks like the same Maas decision making we've been accustomed to. The upside that his armstrength looks fine today, not that means much

He's doing a good job overthrowing the receivers.

Don’t you DARE say a negative word about OUR Ticats. You are just a bad fan :roll: :thup:

I am in the internet cafe at the game and listening to the game on CHML. Had to try and get dry. Or maybe to get away from Mass's passing or lack there of.

I am still a Maas fan but please put Richie Williams in to start the 2nd half. When your starter has done nothing all game put your backup in. If nothing else it sends a message to the team that the coaching staff is wants to win and is not satisfied with sub par performances.

I must be.

I'm sick and tired of losing. Jason Maas is the reason we're losing. Get rid of him.

I don't care who thinks I'm running a QB out of time. He's proved he cannot play. Fire him. If the Cats can't deal with the importance of puffing up his ego, then maybe we need better management.

Were still in this game if the offence can generate more than 2 first downs

Exactly. The rest of the team is playing good enough to win as the have most of the season. Maas on the other hand ......

We are on the verge of getting shut out again. Again. I can't remember how many it has been this year. Does anyone have any confidence in this offence?

The TSN commentators talk about the BC defence being the league's best, but Maas is over-throwing open receivers. That has nothing to do with defence.

After the two victories against the Eskimos I have to conclude the issues confronting Maas this year were all one thing: his head. It can't be injury, or Paopao schemes or anything like that. He's a basket case who can only play in front of Maciocioa. The TiCats have two options: ship Maas out or hire Maciocia.

In any event, this season is lost, so why not see what the other QBs can do?

From my blackberry underneath the stands - I have 2 things to say:

First: it is cold and wet here at IVW

Second: as bad as the offense has played so far, we actually can still win this game!

If the recievers can turn 5 yard dink passes into 40 yarders as just happened you might be right. It certainly isn’t maas’ fault the Ticats scored THAT one.

Clipping on a kick-off.

Ti-Cats are doing their best to self destruct, aren't they?

It doesn’t hurt that BC is down to Jackson at QB either. Inept vs BenchWarmer usually dosn’t make for much offence either way although Jackson looks like he’s getting into a groove now

I see that IWS is empty now. I'm disguised as one of the empty seats in the endzone. The beer is a buck in my stadium. Got the enzone hottub too!

Great. We're getting beat by the other team's third string QB again. That isn't so much a reflection on the defence as it is Maas's inability to give them a breather. Defence played a great first half, but if they are on the field constantly they'll tucker out.

Glad I couldn’t make it (work) we suck! no heart! no pride, no disipline outclassed :oops: We stack up well with better teams :roll:

So NOW they put in Eakin. The only thing worse than being 2nd string in this moronic situation is being 3rd string. What a joke these coaches are leaving in Maas all day long. Sorry but we already KNOW we aren't going to win with Maas. We have no idea what the alternatives are sue to stubborn old fools.