Tiger-Cats Vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (9/27/2008)

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: September 27, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_bc.jpg

It is once again gameday for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And so the thread for posting about the game as the game is happening is here. In the past week, there was the signing of Kenton Keith, and the loss of another one of the greatest coaches the Ticats have ever had. And now as we again turn our attention to what happens on the field, here we go...

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can continue to stay in the race in the East Division, or at least finish in 3rd place in the division. (It would be good to at least finish ahead of the blue team in the standings.)

WHERE - B.C. Place in Vancouver, British Columbia.

WHEN - Saturday, September 27th, at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. Local blackouts may be in effect.

Internet: Visit http://www.y108.ca and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats interactive depth chart.

I would usually include the weather forecast here, but the weather doesn't matter much, considering the game will be played in a domed stadium. But for wondering what the weather will be like for Woody and all the other tailgaters, click here.

It was only two weeks ago that B.C. defeated the Ticats in a blowout. But significant changes have occurred since then. Taaffe and Moreno are gone, and Keith is in. It will be interesting to see how Bellefeuille, who was the OC in Saskatchewan when Keith played there, will utiilze Keith. There are those who might say that this season is over, especially after Winnipeg won last night. And there are those who might say that the Ticats have no chance of winning this game. But despite all that, I still say...

Go Ticats!

Go Ticats ..

Those lazy left-coasters could at least give us an earlier start time. It will be two o'clock in the morning by the time the Fifth Quarter is over. That makes a low sleep night for those of us who get up on Sunday morning for church, golf, work, or whatever.

Fuming...

Anyway, it's been a good football day so far: Queens hammered Western, Irish won, Michigan had their second greatest come back ever, the blue team should lose. I have no idea what the TiCats are going to contribute.

I saw parts of that Queen’s-Western game today. Didn’t Western have at least six turnovers in that game? For Greg Marshall, that must have brought back some memories from when he coached here.

Anyway, it seems Porter will start this game and we’ll see how this team will do with a pocket passer at QB. It won’t be an easy test. With our offensive line going up against Wake and Johnson again, how many times will our QBs get sacked? I’ll be optimistic and say BC will only get five sacks. And I think we will see Williams play tonight at some point.

B.C Like these late Starts
All there game are 7 PM or later .
It gives them an Unfair Advantage that East Teams don't have.

I only watched a snipet here and there. I’m trying to finish Lord Of The Rings and decided watching four football games in one day wouldn’t help.

it ended up being 11 turnovers i believe. 4 interceptions....4 fumbles....and 3 turnovers on downs.

Western had eleven turn-overs? Wow. They should fire Marshall.

Evil incarnate now down by sixteen. All's right with the universe.

Are we all stocked up with Tylenol boys and girls.

"Tylenol"? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

so its game time and there is still 6 minutes left in the calgary game... what gives?

It's 10:00 and even though the first game of the doubleheader may be considered "over" there are about 5 minutes left in it. And TSN is still showing it. Tuning into CHML now.

im with u on that BYF

What gives is the 1st game isn't over yet

If we win where only 2 Points Behind Toronto

44-16 THAT GAME IS OVER

Those stupid horns the blue team fans blow are more annoying with their slaughter cutting into ours.

Game is on 900 now

Ticats to receive, Porter to start. makes sense for him to start if Printers is injured, and this start can be thought of as a reward for playing well last week.

15 Sec to kick off