Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (9/18/2010)

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: September 18, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can stay at or above .500 and ensure they stay in 2nd place in their division.

WHERE - Empire Field in Vancouver, British Columbia.

WHEN - Saturday, September 18th, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 40% probability of precipitation and northeast winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 15 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats did not look impressive last week, and are looking to regain momentum. And they are going up against a team that appears to have gained momentum. Victory will not come easily. The Ticats face the team that ended their season in last year's EDSF game. Both teams will be motivated, and this should be an entertaining game. And so I say...

Go Ticats!

Great start to the game thread BYF.

I've got a bad feeling about this one. If Gibson comes out with another stinker of a game plan we're toast. McIntyre and Baggs might not play, Carter is out, and it will be 1:00 AM EST by the end of the fourth quarter. Cobb had two of his big games against BC last year. If he doesn't have a respectable showing tonight I think it's Cuttino time.

The blue team got beat up in BC last week. Maybe it was the short week or maybe BC is tough to play against.

So do I. :thdn:

I, too, don’t expect a win. But, would like to see a new wrinkle or two and a little creativity from the coaches, and a full effort from the players despite all the distractions a trip to Vancouver presents. We did get a rare win in BC last season.

It's hard to know what to expect tonight. This year, there seems to be a weird kind of parity in the league.Teams lose when they should win, and vice versa. Chris schultz will testify to that.

Having said that, the expectations should predict a Ticat loss.

So, I am looking for a victory! The sad thing about that is that a win might postpone changes that absolutely must be made.

Que sera, sera.

Thanks to BYF as always for kicking off this thread!

I do concur, Wilf: Doris Day would be an upgrade at Ticat OC! LMAO :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Welcome to Pussycat Bowl I 2010

Tiger-Cats 52

Lions 8

:P

It will be closer then that my Friend HAM 27 BC 19

A definite upgrade in sex appeal.

Sadly, I think Doris Day might be able to out scheme Gibson on one of his bad days. Here's hoping he has one of his genius days tonight.

After watching the Sask-Calgary game last night...let's hope they can come up with some plays like their OC's did.

I think our "D" will do well again...it's the "O" that has me nervous.

All in fun of course.

B.C. LIon's - 27
Tiger-Cats - 19

Summary of Drew's Game Day Live Blog:

• no Jamal Richardson. Looks like they won't have running game tonight either.

• Adam Nicholson is on the nine game IR due to concussion symptoms. That doesn't bode well for his future as a football player. I hope he considers his long term future first when considering a comeback next year.

• TiCats DLine will feature Gibbs and Hickman on the ends with Bolden, Kirk and Reid playing the middle.

• Fish is expected to return kickoffs along with Thiggy

• Tafralis is back. Let's hope his Dad is recovering well.

• we might see Bo Smith next week.

• Giguere is likely not coming home this season. Expect him at training camp 2011 unless a NFL club signs him

• apparently seaweed is a hotdog garnish in BC. Who says they don't smoke too much dope?

Thanks for the compliments on how I started this game thread.

Is it not true that they didn't have Richardson last week either? Both their running and passing games need to be respected. Too bad Baggs apparently won't play. Fortunately for us, Gibbs is not a stranger to the CFL. He's going up against the team he played for before. Still, Baggs would have been good to have. You know how Printers plays when he has little time to throw it.

And it does make sense to use fish on returns. I think he'd be more likely to make contributions there than at at WR. After being hyped up in the preseason and in TC, let's see how he'll do in a game that counts.

Kickoff in eight hours.

Casey Printers, just like Calvillo, has no troubles at all when they play the TiCats! Tonight will be different though...

Ticats 32

BC 19

They might not have Richardson in the lineup but theyll have Messam running the ball. I played against the guy in HS and he made people look stupid then and hes still making people look foolish (argo defense) now!

We are at our home in Florida doing some work on it right now. We watched the Sask - Calgary game last night on the NFL network, great game to have broadcast across the US!! Too bad they only show Friday night games down here.
We have to watch the game tonight on the internet.

Ockham:
Ref Doris Day vs Gibson
Please provide details of one of Gibson's brilliant days

Man i cant wait for the game to start ive been talking to some Players today and they feel the same way! They are positve and motivated to get the Win! GO CATS GO!
I cant wait to see McIntyre lay Printers out!

:rockin:

I expect a hard fought game tonight with the Tiger Cats making a defensive and offensive statement. It certainly will not be easy, however the Cats will be on top Cats 35 - BC 26 ........................

The Lions what to show their fans that they do have a good team and this year is not a bust, this game will be a very tough game for us to win.