Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/6/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: July 6, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may be many posts here tonight, so those participating in this thread may need to do plenty of page refreshing. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can bounce back from that bad start and even their record at 1-1.

WHERE - B.C. Place in Vancouver, British Columbia.

WHEN - Friday, July 6th, 2012, at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.) And yes, it starts that late. At least there is that Winnipeg-Montreal game that we can watch before this one.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

After a bad start to the 2012 season, it does not get any easier for the Ticats as they go into the home of the defending champions. After last week's performance, it may seem hard to believe that this Ticat team has a chance of winning this one. But the last time these teams met, it was believed that BC would win in a blowout. Well, those who predicted that were right about it being a blowout. Just not about who blew out who. A win by the Ticats tonight could make their fans forgive and forget about what happened in week one. And so having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

And don't forget that Hamilton has won their last three games in BC. They beat them 31-28 in 2009, 35-31 in 2010 and 39-31 last year. I hope they make it four in a row tonight.

31 seems to be a key number.
Maybe tonight, Tisdale actually hangs onto a ball at gets a Pick-6.

The Cats have fared well in BC over the last few years; if this team is as good as they are supposed to be than winning this game is key.

Hamilton will be starting 3 Canadian receivers and if this works the team will gain a lot of flexibilty to move imports around in other positions in future games.

The DE's got caught out of position too many times last game, this will be something else to watch. The DE's have to play much better this week.

I also believe Hamilton was out coached last game. Cortez knows his football and is a good assistant coach but is he a head coach? It took him a long time to land his first head coaching position, that could be saying something. This game will be another strong indicator of his sideline leadership.

This will be a big test of not only player ability but also team character. Hamilton needs to bounce back from last week's debacle and prove it to themselves that they can and intend to win football games this year.

The Lions are favoured by 7 points, I think the Cats should win by at least 7.

Go Cats

Great job as always BYF.

If last week was a mulligan, pressure is on today to not hit another tee-shot into the woods.

Happy Game Day. Oskie Wee Wee!

I really hope we win this week, all this talk of the BC Lions being indestructable and the East being supremely weak and overrated because of week 1 is making me sick to my stomach :roll:

I remember last season, when the Lions came to town. They had won 8 games straight, were hotter than a pistol. Hamilton was still having its ups and downs. And we spanked them good. Again, it was here, but still, not too many then were giving this team too much hope…and yet.

I’m not predicting a win, especially after last week, and all the changes that have been made…but you never know!!!

Not that I'm saying it's going to happen, but there's no reason the 'Cats can't go and beat the Lions in Vancouver like Saskatchewan did to the 'Cats last week. Very few fans, if any, thought the Roughriders would come out with a win at Ivor Wynne Stadium last weekend.

"Not that I'm saying it's going to happen,"

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one hedging, MP.

We will see most good things,but we will still lose. The lose will not be more than 15 points. IMO
but we will improve toward the end of the season enough to make the playoffs.
This is how I see it. I hope I'm not correct about the slow start. :cowboy:

Thanks as always, BYF!

Hope to see all of you here later. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Can you tell me the winning Lotto numbers tonight Swamie

Reserves: Cobourne, Kelly, Baillargeon, D. Brown

Finally! He's terrible.

And 4 of the last 5 regular season games.

I will tell you are DB's will be our weak link. unless they learned how to tackle over night.

The ALS are back in first in the East. I wonder who else will be there??

Not a problem. And thanks for complimenting me on how I started the thread. You could say the Tiger-Cats hit one into the woods, not exactly looking as good as Tiger Woods. :slight_smile:

So Avon sits out another one? When will we see him play again? Or will he play again? He's making good money for someone who has yet to make a regular season appearance.

And so it looks like Fournier is in, D. Brown is out at FB. Brown has not done a lot to impress me.

Less than a minute left in 1st half of doubleheader, this one will kick off soon.

Game on!

BC wins the toss, Brown down at their 30.

Alright, time for this team to show how GOOD it can be. Starting with the D.

Let's go, D! Prove people wrong and stop them tonight. And with our regular LBs in, could happen.

Not so far....