Tiger-Cats Vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/22/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: July 22, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. Unfortunately, it seems posts keep appearing out of order at this time, as the timestamps of posts are not always accurate now. Hopefully, as little as that as possible will happen as the game is on. So anyway, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can even their record at .500 and avoid a 1-3 start.

WHERE - Empire Field in Vancouver, British Columbia.

WHEN - Saturday, July 16th, 2011, at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He might be keeping his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV. Had to like seeing that "birthday present" at the end, which must have been much appreciated considering how hot it has been.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 20% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 18 degrees Celsius.

After getting that first win against last week, the Ticats look to build on that this week. If they win, there will be those who will say that this team has only been able to defeat winless teams so far. But if they lose, they'll have a 1-3 record and there will be disappointment after being defeated by a team that started out 0-3. The Lions also need this win as they look to avoid going 0-4 to start the season. They haven't been able to get many rushing yards, and have given up quite a few rushing yards. Those waiting for Cobourne to have a great game could see what they want to see tonight. But wins over BC have not always come easily this year, and so having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

These 10:00 games suck, but they're even worse with no prior game to pass the time.

Thank, BYF. Looking forward to the game tonight. It’ll be a late one, but worth staying up for.

Cobourne should have a great game against a weak run defence. And here’s hoping that either Thigpen or Williams will run (at least) one back for a major. That’s a competition that’ll be interesting to watch as the season progresses. And I suspect Bruce is going to be itching to get back on track, and working extra hard to get open. And of course, our D will be picking up where they left off last week.

2 and 2, here we come.

Let's hope the Puss Cats are hungry because their nest one is against those pesky Als.

Then BYF Should be good one Expect to see AC Run Wild tonight ..

we need a good Running game tonight ..

Great job s usual BYF.. look forward to participating... one correction though...lol

WHEN -[u] Saturday[/u], July 16th, 2011, at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 local time.)

I love 10:00 games, but I can't stand the fact that its not a doubleheader :x
only 10 hours to go...

I live in Vancouver, and imagine what it's like when there is a 4 PM game on a weekday for us.......or 9 or 10 AM.....

We figure that you easterners can manage to stay up a little late on the odd Friday! :cowboy:

4pm Hamilton games start at 1pm in Vancouver.
1pm Hamilton games start at 10am in Vancouver.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 10 am start. I usually just laze around Saturday mornings anyway. I could have me some b&b ... ball and breakfast.

I'm talking about 7 PM eastern starts on Thursdays or Fridays.....4 PM here.......not great if you work until 5......!

Whoops! I need to read more carefully...

It never fails.. each and every year when the game in BC comes up there is at least one person that complains about the time it's on. Apparently some people either don't understand what time zones are or they think the entire nation (and maybe even the world) should be on a time that suits them.

Should we also look to find a way to stop the globe from spinning when you need a washroom break?

If you want to complain then do it to the sun.

I'm off to the game.....pre-game at least....Hastings racecourse is adjacent to the stadium....I'm going to go listen to Gene Simmons and win my beer money :wink:
PS....great night for football, but I'm taking a jacket.....

Should WE run our posts by you for approval??

You have an opinion about everything… usually a negative one!

:roll:

Looking so forward to this after so many MLB games on TSN highlights, how many games does MLB teams play? It's so boring and ridiculous with so many games, it's sandlot to me. But hey, whatever cranks their fans. :?

Give me football, hitting, no sandlot MLB crap.

182 games Earl.....I'm good with it since I enjoy baseball as well

Always the same problem when games are played in different time zones. You can't please everyone. Some days you can't please anyone.

Maybe we should do what they do in China. China covers an area which realistically shouls comprise 6 time zones. But, by law, the time is exactly the same everywhere in the country. I guess this means some people always go to bed in the daylight, etc. But, it surely would solve the complaining about events happening at an awkward time.

Time zones and the sun are a reality and not something to have an opinion about. Apparently that needs to be pointed out to you.

Thanks for the compliments on how I started the game thread.

Sometimes I miss that when I do the editing I do before copying and pasting from previous game threads. :oops:

Good points, and there is one I'd like to add. If Mann is going to sit this one out (as I heard he almost certainly will, despite him being listed as a starter on the depth chart) then I hope to see C. Williams and B. Grant make the most of the opportunities they get with both receivers whose initials are "MM" not playing. Can Williams keep it up? Can Grant make it so that it'll be hard for the coaching staff decide that he got "injured" again?

Anyway, for this looking for something entertaining to pass the time before the kickoff, the team had some fun with the fact three players share the surname of Smith, and three share the surname of Brown here: http://ticats.ca/video/index/id/18997

Had to like that dubbed-in audience noise, with a laugh track and all.

Too bad I might miss the first half or so of this game.

Have fun.

182 games, you said it best half why I can't get into MLB stuff seriously. I'm not very smart, anything after 100 in anything and I start to lose interest. :stuck_out_tongue: