Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (7/10/2009)

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: July 10, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see which of these two teams that did not get off to a good start this year can avoid going 0-2.

WHERE - B.C. Place in Vancouver, British Columbia.

WHEN - Friay, June 23rd, 2009, at 10:30 p.m. EDT. (7:30 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the video game preview. There's a neat ad for the retro game at the start of it.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Neither team looked impressive in week one, but not many expect the Ticats to win this one. But you never know what can happen. And so I say...

Go Ticats!

Man I hate that 10:30 EST Start Time
Glad don't live on East Coast.. it would after Midnight before Kickoff
Why don't just put Game on Sat at 1:30 PST
The Double Headers are fine if not past 9:30 PM EST..

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Good Luck to the Ticats!

Go Cobb! :slight_smile:

8) Just have a nap this afternoon Tom, then you will be fine for the whole game !!!! :wink:

why I am Cleaning my House to tire my self out ..
so I can Nap

Oh Oh! … did I miss it?

I always wondered what new Ticats players from the U.S.A must think when they make their road first trip to Vancouver and see the Rockies and all the other neat stuff they probably have never experienced.

I've never been there myself so it must be an awesome sight to see it in person. One of these days I'm just going to jump on a flight even for a long weekend and go see the Rocky Mountains myself. I understand they are a wee bit bigger than Hamilton Mountain :wink:

The closet I've seen to real mountains in person was in New Hampshire and Vermont........that was pretty cool.

They would no doubt be wondering as the Rockies aren’t anywhere near Vancouver. The mountains there are a part of the Coast Mountain range.

Well, whatever they are called in Vancouver, they sure look nice as a back-drop to the city in all the pictures I’ve seen. Anything with snow-capped summits in the middle of the summer is a pretty big hill in my books and I can’t wait till I experience that some day in person. :slight_smile:

They have vast mountain ranges on the west coast of the USA as well.

Speaking of food, what’s everyone gonna cook for a late night football snack tonight ? I’m
BBQ’ng some chicken breasts, baked potatoes with asparagus and a Caesar Salad…washe down with Canada Coolers…cranking up the BBQ at 10 PM…

Approx. 7.5 hours to go........I'm pumped!...... :smiley:

Just checking to see if anyone pays attention to what I post there. :slight_smile:

Seriously though, that was a mistake that I made. Perhaps it was what could be referred to as a “copy and paste fail” or a “copy, paste, and edit fail” or something like that. But I did get the date right in the two other places I mentioned it here. Two out of three ain’t bad. :slight_smile:

Anyway, this is the second game of a doubleheader and hopefully we won’t miss the first minutes of this game because of the length of the Calgary-Winnipeg game before it. Perhaps we could have a separate thread for discussing that game. And hopefully whoever starts it will do better than I did in starting off this thread. :slight_smile:

I start work at 10:30pm... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm seriously pondering being "sick" tonight.. 8) :thup:

I would lol…

And dont forget that Fifth Quarter will be on after the game. Now that is LATE !

I think I will go to work, that extra day pay, will pay for 2 tickets to next weeks game… :thup: At least this is the way I am trying to convince my self that work is good… LOL

I will shelter myself from any Ti-Cats vs. Lions news, scores or highlights, and watch the game on tsn.ca when I get home… Thank the good lord for TSN and their VOD for every game!

After reading the article on Otis Floyd on the home page I can't wait to see how he handles himself tonight. Should be highly entertaining. :slight_smile:
Maybe he and the other Lions cast-offs are ready want to prove something to their former team. Let's hope that will be the spark the rest of their new team-mates need to take it to 'em. We sure need a win tonight. 0-2 is an ugly start to the season.

Awesome job once again BYF, in spite of the "fail" part.... I'm looking forward to participating with all my fellow fans tonight... well at least until the end of the 1st Q.... hopefully by then the score is still respectable enough to keep me here for the duration!!

GO CATS!!!!!!

If the scheduled the games at 1:30 in the afternoon, the attendance would be around 250 people…Wives, Girl Friends and relatives would be the only spectators showing up. BC tried that experiment in the 90’s and it was a disaster! We’ve never had afternoon games except for the very odd (Maybe twice in the last 15 years) Thanksgiving day game.