Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (10/26/2007)

Tiger-Cats vs. Lions: October 26, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_bc.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game as it happens is due to be posted. There may not be as many posts here with the game being at IWS, and because there may not as much interest in the team with the season being considered “over? for it. However, this thread is here if you want to discuss it as it happens. There are only eighteen of these games per year, might as well enjoy them while you can. While some can’t wait for the season to end, it may not be long before we can’t wait for it to begin again. So here we go for the second-last time.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the British Columbia Lions.

WHY – To see if the 2-14 Ticats can surprise (and maybe even, dare I suggest, defeat) the Lions and give us reasons to look forward to the future.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friay, October 26th, at 6:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or TEAM 1040 (1040 kHz AM) broadcasting from Vancouver.
It is also available via Sirius Satellite Radio on Hardcore Sports ch. 186 and Play by Play 4 ch. 119.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD. And it is apparently also available via TEAM 1040 on Star Choice Channel 824 and Telus TV Channel 70.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.team1040.ca and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of B.C.’s talking heads.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the game preview that is on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the press conference for this game.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

Click here to view the Lions depth chart.

Click here for this evening's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 90% probability of precipitation this evening. Northeast winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 12°C.

And so gameday is here once again, and once again, not many may consider to Ticats likely to win this one. But it would be good to see the Ticats give everything they have and make this game a bright spot in a season that been lacking positives. And it may be interesting to see Printers against the Lions, the he previously played for, for the first time since his return to the CFL. The Lions may be Grey Cup contenders, and so the Ticats may not seem to have much of a chance against these cats. But then again, is that not what we thought the last time these two teams played?

Go Ticats!

Sorry folks we will lose in the 4th again giving up what small lead we had at the time.

Unfortunately same old same old play by the cats.
Lions 34 Cats 27

Inside kitties playing out in the rain. Look for Joe Smith to carry their mail, Zeke and Setta to have big games. If we can establish the run and the secondary doesn't cough up those big play fur balls it might be an entertaining night.

Please don't post crap like this in these play by play threads that BYF puts so much into.

Show some respect!

That's it. Cutting work early and heading to IWS.

OSKEE WEE WEE!

The kickoff is in about 10 minutes and I just turned on CHML. That’s a place to go for a pre-game show as there is not one on TSN. Taaffe is being interviewed now.

So who’ll be joining me in the game thread this evening?

I’m in for a bit. I’ll be running around after my two year old. I’m not going to be there tonight. It’s way to crappy out. I’ve got tickets for next weeks loss thought! lol:)

Here it is, a few minutes from kick-off, and the zebras are co-ordinating their calls against the Cats.

j/k, but sigh

I think it's very cool that everyone is still jacked up for the game considering our record. Can you imagine what will happen when we start winning again? It will be pandemonium.

Another reason I can't wait until we do start winning. :slight_smile:

Game on!

Setta kicks it off to Smart, Smart takes it to 35. Looks like a rather sparse crowd at IWS on this "misty" night as Rod Black called it.

The stands are EMPTY.....

I am a bit surprised.

1st down BC on pass to Clermont.

Will yet another 1st drive by opponents end with TD for them? After deep pass to Clermont to our 25, that may happen.

Thrown to endzone, but picked! Welcome back, Bradley!

No surprise to see our 1st offensive play be handoff to Caulley. Too bad he just got as few yards. But Curry gets us 1st down.

Nice punt by Setta, followed by good coverage means BC starts @ their 20.

And so it was 2nd B.C. drive where we see the 1st B.C. TD. Two deep passes to Simon, including TD pass (on free play that Jackson had after Wayne jumped offside) were key plays leading to Simon doing his trademark pose.

And is it just me or is crowd actually looking a little 2003-ish?

Armsteads gets us to 33, then we get 1st down after pitch to Caulley.

Caulley gets another good gain on another pitch, Printers tried to avoid getting injured after getting 1st down. Then no surprisingly, Printers gets sacked. Then he had to throw it away after being pressured. Those last two things that happened, have happened too many times.

Interesting to hear what Bobby Ackles said about Printers.

Nice work on the game day thread BYF

It's an unending cycle of futility for Hamilton