Tiger-Cats vs. Lions Play-by-Play Game Thread (10/21/2006)

Well, this is it. The last game thread for the Tiger-Cats this year. It’s the last call for Tiger-Cat football. Doesn’t the CFL season go by so quickly? Well, you may want to enjoy this game. It’ll be a long off-season and this will be the last Ticat game for a long time. Let’s hope the Ticats give us something to look forward to. And without any further ado, here we go:

WHAT - Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. B.C. Lions

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The British Columbia Lions

WHY – To see the team with league’s worst record take on the team with the league’s best record. Yes, once again it’s the last-place cats versus the first-place cats. The Ticats are playing for jobs and evaluating talent. And if they lose, they clinch that last place spot in the CFL again. And if they win, that could go quite a way in making us look forward to 2007.

WHERE – B.C. Place Stadium in Vancouver, British Columbia

WHEN - Saturday, October 21st, at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Television: TSN.
Radio: CHML 900KHz AM: www.900chml.com

Click here for today’s game preview.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats' depth chart. The only change from last week appears to be that Matt Clark is starting in place of Tay Cody. And I would like to see more of Fowlkes (as a receiver) and Fleming. It is interesting to note that Corey Holmes is on the active roster (as you can see if you click here) but not listed on the depth chart.

B.C.’s depth chart is currently not available. Buck Pierce will be listed as the starting quarterback on it though. But on TSN last night, it was said that Dickenson will play the second half on TSN. But will it matter who the quarterback is for B.C.?

And for today’s weather forecast? Refer to the “where? section above. :slight_smile:

But if this does not look right without a forecast, click here for today's weather forecast.

Now let’s see if this season that has been lacking positives will end on a positive note.

It's that last game of the year. There are about 220 days until the start of training camp.
It's kind of sad to be planning ahead to next season when this one is still being played.
Let's go Cats, see if we can pull one out of the hat to end the season on a positive

It's about 1800 seconds until kickoff time.

(Isn't there are wasn't there an unwritten rule that we must bump this thread when it is that time?)

:)
Click here for the Tiger-Cats' depth chart. The only change from last week appears to be that Matt Clark is starting in place of Tay Cody. And I would like to see more of Fowlkes (as a receiver) and Fleming. It is interesting to note that Corey Holmes is on the active roster (as you can see if you click here) but not listed on the depth chart.
Flick is also into the slot, Ralph is at wideout and Kamau is back from injury.

Thanks, I forgot that Peterson was out with an injury last week. There might have been a few other little things I missed, such as the positions that Flick and Ralph are playing. But the additions Peterson and Clark appear to be the only players added from last week.

And speaking of depth charts, you can click here for B.C.'s depth chart.

Anyway, I'm listening to CHML's pre-game show. I just turned it on when there was interview with someone saying that the Ticats might bring in anoter quarterback to possibly take Maas' place. I did not hear it all and I did not hear who said it. It sounded interesting anyway.

Anybody know what nightclub the players are going to party it up at tonight in BC ! I am sure they will be talking about it in the 4th quarter! :lol: Proud to be a Ticat fan :thup:

Game on!

Ticats start out at their 35.

It's game time
Let's do something good
Go Cats

I hate Rod Black !!!!

Great offensive protection, once again

Did Pettersen say we had a receiver named Ralph Brock?

Anyway, two and out, not a good start.

And Lions get good return from Smart, I can see why Lockett was expendable.

Lumsden hurt ?

bad foot

So he`s not gonna play ?
where is Holmes ?

Where is the secondary?
There's holes everywhere out there

Nope. He's playing. Why do you ask?

Anyway, we finally force thrid down, but this will be easy field goal for Lions.

Why dont we get this info earlier ? No Lumsden , no Holmes , No Cody ....

And what else is new? :slight_smile:

Seriously, I'm sure we'll notice that this defence is missing Cody.

Hmm, CHML and TSN said Lumsden was playing. This couls be even uglier than expected. I was looking forward to seeing Lumsden play.

Nice catch by Radlein for the 1st down.

me too
he has a sore ankle