Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/29/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: August 29, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. In any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will get the CFL's second-best record, leave the spies four points behind them, and leave the blue team six points behind them.

WHERE - Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.

WHEN - Saturday, August 29th, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. (5:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. "The Steeltown Network" as the recently-demoted Chris Davis called it.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 23 degrees Celsius.

Both teams are missing good players going into this one. Hopefully the Ticats will demonstrate that they can do well despite missing players like Porter, Adams, and McIntyre. And it's time to start winning some games in Alberta, as that's something this team has not done much recently. So I say...

Go Ticats!

8) Great job as usual, BYF !!! :)

Thanks, BobYoungFan, for another excellent game day intro to get Ticat fans ready for this contest.

Let's hope the Ticats come out much sharper in the first half against the Eskimos tonight than they did against the Riders two weeks ago.

Thanks for the compliments on how I started the game thread.

They most certainly can't get themselves behind by more than 20 points again. I'd like to see them get off to a better start than they did two weeks ago. In fact, I'd like to see them get off to a better start than they have all year. Because this team has not been been doing well in first halves so far this year.

Anyway, here are some questions that come to mind, most of which are about the changes you can see by viewing the depth chart.

How will Glenn perform when starting? No QBs were listed in the depth chart, but there are indications that Glenn will start. Porter was injured two weeks ago, but is on the active roster. And if Glenn gets injured, will Tafralis take his place?

How will Drisan James do as he starts for the first time this season? It was interesting to see the team's leader in receiving yards not start. But I do like what I have seen from James so far.

How will the D-line perform? Adams will not play, but he didn't play vs. Edmonton three weeks ago either. McIntyre is also injured, but at least Long is back.

How will Bradley do in taking Gordon's place? Some have said this lineup tinkering will mess with team chemistry, but I'm not too worried about that. Let's just see how these experiments go.

Can Cobb have a great game against a team other than BC? Because the Lions tend to make RBs look good as we saw last week. But considering the weather will be good this time, unlike in the last two games, I think Bruce and Rodriguez will get many receiving yards.

Im pumped bradleys starting tonight, I think he is going to have a huge game. I hope cobb can get some yards on the ground this week because that will really help us open the passing game for glen. One thing i read this week was that edmonton was the only team left without a pick so i hope we dont give them any tonight.

Good luck boys
Go out there and get too 5 - 3 for labour day

Very good introduction BYF

I think the Cats are capable of beating Edmonton they just have to play a solid 4 quarters of football. If they are prepared to play we can be 5-3 going into Labour Day.

Go Cats

Thanks as always, BYF!

Eat 'Em Raw, Tabbies!

Russ

This game will be tough but winnable with the right game plan and a good effort.....Husky weenie. :thup:

With the sacred blessing of Holy Mackinaw we may just pull this one out.

Tiger-Cats 36

Eskimos 32

Happy Game Day All ! :smiley:

I got a bad bad feeling cats are gonna lose, cant wait for everyone to come here and start complaining. :twisted:.

Great start to the game thread as usual BYF.

I'm concerned about our pass rush tonight, but anticipate better coverage underneath (Bradley) where Ray has a history of picking us apart with or without pressure.

Glenn should have a good game if he keeps his completions to black and gold jerseys and throws some fades to P-Rod.

Cobb needs to prove he can find holes other than in the Indoor Kitties D-line.

Special Teams need to keep Jackson to mortal status.

It's always good to watch a game on grass.

According to this nugget from Terry Jones of Sun Media, the field conditions at the stadium may not be good:

"Tonight, on an absolute abomination of a football field is a game which seems so disconnected from what's gone on before and to what will follow."

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2009/08/29/10663691-sun.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 1-sun.html[/url]

It will be interesting to see if the track is muddy. LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Cats can take this one!! Doesn`t matter who they start at QB. My prediction Cats 38-Eskimoes 21. Go Cats Go!! :rockin:

As usual.. thanks BYF.. looking forward to participating.... nothing new there...lol

Kick Off Minus 55 minutes

Heading off to Commonwealth, gl to both teams. Hope my Esks don't underestimate the 'Cats again, or else y'all will have lots to cheer about tonight.

CHML reporting Glenn to start.

Thanks for the compliments again.

It was just said on CHML that they think Glenn will start. If so, I would like to see him do as well as he did when he was nominated for MOP. If not, we may see "Start Tafralis" posts. And I'm hoping this will be first year in a while where we don't see fans demanding that the third-string QB start.

Sam Etcheverry has passed away at 79. RIP.

Glenn to start as Ticats visit Eskimos
CHML
8/28/2009

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats can win their 5th game of the season for the first time since 2005 when they visit the Edmonton Eskimos tonight.

The 4-and-3 Cats finished 5-and-13 in ’05, and have not been back to that level of wins since.

But Hamilton has already beaten the 4-and-3 Eskimos this season when they smothered Ricky Ray and his mates 28-21 at Ivor Wynne earlier this month.

The Cats last swept the Eskimos in 2006.

All indications are that Kevin Glenn will make his first start in a Ticats uniform as Quinton Porter nurses a bruised knee.