Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread (8/11/2007)

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: August 11, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_edm.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again, and so it is that time again for the play-by-play game thread to be started up. And so as I am apparently the unofficial game thread starter here, I am posting this thread for discussion of the game as it happens. So if you want to discuss big gains by Lumsden, hard hits by Moreno, or great punts by Setta, this will be the place to comment on them as they happen. And aside from discussing what happens in the game, this thread can be here for pre-game discussions as well. So let’s get it started.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Edmoton Eskimos

WHY – To see if the Ticats can continue to improve and get themselves into a tie for third place in the East Division. It is also worth noting that the Ticats are competing with the Esks in the standings when considering the crossover rule.

WHERE - Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta

WHEN - Saturday, August 11th, at 9:30 p.m. EDT. (7:30 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, and CHED (630 kHz AM) broadcasting from Edmonton.

Television: CBC. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.630ched.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Edmonton’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CHED now.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here. And you can also view that TSN broadband site for clips of the Riders defeating the blue team, but I digress again. :slight_smile:

Click here to get CFL.ca’s live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game’s scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view a video game preview via “Ticats TV.” In this clip that is 5:20 in length are parts of interviews with Taaffe, Armour, McKay-Loescher, and Curry.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.
Click for for that neat new “interactive” depth chart. It certainly is quite flashy (bad pun intended.)

Edmonton’s depth chart is currently not available, but you can click here for the Eskimos depth chart whenever it becomes available. Linebacker Shannon Garrett, running back Tyler Ebell, wide receiver Jason Tucker, and offensive guard Dan Comiskey are not expected to be listed on it though.

Click here to view last week’s game thread. If you want to read through many very short posts that bring back good memories of last week, that could be a good place to go. (It is on page 3 that you see the reaction to the first Lumsden TD.)

Click here for tonight’s weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and southeast winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 14 degrees Celsius.

Last week, the Ticats got themselves in the race in the East Divsion by demonstrating they could win rather than just look somewhat impressive in defeat. And the Ticats do seem to keep getting better every week. But will they continue to improve? In order for the Ticats to do at least somewhat well this year, they will have to. And a win tonight would be a good start to the rest of the season.

Go Ticats!

You never let us down BYF :slight_smile:

You are truly a loyal and worthy fan.

12 hours till game time and I am already pumped. I can’t wait to get to Commonwealth Stadium.

By the way, I was planning on going to the game with two friends who happen to be huge Eskies fans. But after they saw the way the Ti-Cats played last week, they both came up with excuses for them not to go. Rubbing it in on Monday is gonna be so much fun!

I’ll be wearing all black to the game tonight. I figure since most people at IWS did it last week and it worked, I’ll do my part here in Edmonton this week.

Greetings and salutations!

OSKI WEE WEE
OSKI WA WA
HOLY MACKINAW
TIGERS
EAT 'EM RAW!

Tonight’s theme is “Step on the Gass” :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

11 hours to go

The Cats are more than capable of beating the Eskimoes

Win number 2 is ours for the taking

Go Cats

Jesse will romp and pass Gass in Alberta. :thup:

jlshooter, that idea seemed to help at IWS. I also noticed that Bob made true on his promise to NOT wear his baseball cap (BTW - Bob, thanks for visiting us in Box I and J).

Awesome job once again BYF... looking forward to kick off!!!

maaan still over NINE hours to go.. wth am I supposed to do all day??...lol

Funny you should say that. When I was in Eskimos store buying my ticket for tonights game, the girl serving me asked why I want to sit behind the visitors bench. I said can you think of a better place to watch Jesse step on the Gass? I don't think she got it.

It's game timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!

...and here's the kick off!

Oops, false start.

Is there any reason the Edmonton folks can't get to the stadium for a four o'clock start? Why the seven o'clock start which translates into ten in Ontario?

Ockham,

On the same note is there any reason the games in Southern Ontario and Quebec have to start at 7:30 during the week which translates to 5:30 here in Alberta and 4:30 in BC. Most of us have trouble getting home from work in time to catch the start of the game.

By the way, 7:00 in Edmonton is 9:00 in Hamilton. Not 10:00.

On a Saturday, there is no reason to start the game at seven o'clock local time. Us Easterners drive the nation's economy so we should be allowed some privlidge in start times.

Kidding....kinda.

Now we have to wait until ten o'clock to start the game, it will conclude sometime around one in the morning, us God-fearing folks will be half asleep in the pews tomorrow and all because the Albertans can't get to their stadium before dinner time on a Saturday.

No Sir, it's just not right.

How about games in the east starting later? I am a Cat fan and live in Vancouver. Any of the Thurs-Fri games in Hamilton start around 4-5 my time.. I am still at work then. I work till 5:30..

The people of Edmonton or any other city don't choose what times games start. The CFL does.. Time zones are a reality of the earth revolving.

Well, personally, i would much prefer going to an evening game than an afternoon game. But that is just me.

Being from Hamilton I still feel that the Golden Horseshoe IS the center of the universe, much to the chagrin of province mates.

I'm really hoping both team correct this tonight,

HAMILTON HAS BEEN OVER 100 YARDS IN PENALTIES EVERY GAME THIS YEAR. EDMONTON IS AVERAGING 96 YARDS IN PENALTIES PER GAME.

Sorry Shooter… I’m from the Hammer as well, and assuming you’re the Centre of the Universe just makes you a Toronto native.

Anyway, I really don’t care if Edmonton improves it’s penalty numbers… being a 'Cats fan, I’d rather see Edmonton with more penalties than less… but I may be a little biased :slight_smile:

Dem's fightin' words :lol:

Well, it's a little more than two and a half hours till kick off and I'm off to Commonwealth Stadium. Enjoy the game everyone!

2.5 hrs to kick off.... sigh!