Tiger-Cats Vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/9/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: July 9, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is a place to do so. It looks like there is also a chat room that is being set up for the game here: http://www.ticats.ca/page/livechat. There may not be as much posting and page refreshing going on here as the game happens with that chat room set up, but this thread is here for those who may prefer to post to these forums during the game. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get that first win of the season and even their record at 1-1.

WHERE - Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.

WHEN - Saturday, July 9th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. (5:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He might be keeping his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 40% probability of precipitation this evening and northwest winds of 30 km/h are expected. Less than 1mm of rain is expected and there is a chance of thundershowers. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 17 degrees Celsius.

Once again, the season did not not begin the way that we wanted it to begin. Some unexpected things happened at 75 Balsam North last week. But we hope that Glenn and Bruce have been able to get rid of those impostors who were wearing their uniforms last week. We need our best players to be at their best. We need our defence to do about as well as they did last week, and it may be interesting to see what Chris Williams can do on special teams and on offence. This team has not won a game in Edmonton in a long time. And now would be as good a time as any for an exorcism, as we want to see this team accomplish things it has not accomplished in a while. And so having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

Well done yet again BYF.

Go Cats Go!!!!!

All the best to my Gold and Black colleagues in Hamilton tonight! Stick with your team (including the coaches!) and this will be the first of many wins for you this year!

Another great job by BYF!
I'm hoping for lots of sacks and hurry's on Ricky Ray today and a big game by our offence.

Hi BYF:

Thank you for doing these, I like reading this thread during the game and sometimes days later. It's always interesting to read the comments and observations. I've learned so much from it and the reactions are fun to see as well, especially on the big plays!!!!

I very much appreciate your efforts!!!

I second that also; always enjoy BYF posts and all others that make comments here for my learning curve. It's all in fun when I post here too, but hope I won't be "Comfortably Numb" after the game. Cheers:wink:

X2

Thanks as always BYF! Let us hope the Cats get out of the gate with a purpose today…

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Thanks for the compliments on how I started this thread.

I would like to comment on this one in particular:

Reading through these threads later is something that I sometimes do as well. It can be interesting to see initial reactions to what happens out there.

But we might have to read game chat transcripts elsewhere soon. I thought there was a chance that these game threads could become obsolete if we get an actual chat room. And we have one here now. Maybe this thread could complement the chat section here: http://www.ticats.ca/page/livechat

I have the CHML pre-game show on now.

It’s partly cloudy in Edmonton now, though the probability of precipitation is about 70%.

And check this out:
Wind : NW 37km/h
Wind gusts : 50km/h

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAAB0103

Hope Cobourne has a good game, and Esks likely wish they had Whitlock in the lineup.

Scratched:

@scratchingpost #Ticats scratches DB J. Dennis, OL B. Johnson, OL M. Dewit, RB T. Grant. #CFL.

Great job as always, BYF.

Oskie Wee Wee!

hope the Als game doesn't overlap :x but looks like it will

No surprises here. Johnson may not have fully recovered from that injury yet, and I understand that Smith took Dennis' place in practice. Hope Simmons won't make any rookie mistakes this time, like the one he made last week that made us use up a timeout.

It 's raining in Edmonton, there is some lightning from what I just heard on CHML.

Thanks.

So wonder if we'll see Exume (X-Zoom?) in the backfield at some point. Or is he there just for his ST abilities?

we are in for a wet one!

Game is about to start in heavy rain. Ugh.

That's what she said...

If only they still had grass at Commonwealth.

At first, at least.

Game on, Esks start at their 32.

BBBBRRRRRUUUUUUCCCCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!