Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/25/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: July 25, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_edm.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg

It is Ticats gameday again and so it is time for the play-by-play game thread for posting about the game as it is happening to be posted. There may not be as many posts to it this week with at least of few of those who would post here being at the game. But this thread is for those unable to make it to IWS to discuss it as it is happening. It'll also be a transcript of what was said during the game by a few members as it was happening. (And I wonder how many of those who go to the games read through posts in this thread after the game is over.) Anyway, I'm getting this thread started off this week, but I think I'll need whoever may be consider a backup thread starter to cover for me for the next few weeks. Anyone else who wants a chance to get to do this can give it a try. But for now, here we go...

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can avoid being tied for last place in their division, and potentially be tied for first place in their division at the end of this week.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, July 25th, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. Local blackouts are in effect. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the "listen live" link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
Or visit www.y108.ca and click the "listen live" link there, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view the game preview here on Ticats.ca. I consider it the best place to go for information on the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Good to see Lumsden back on it.

Click here to view the interactive version of the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Esks depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and southwest winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 23°C.

The Bombers winning yesterday means that the Ticats could be tied with them for last place after this week. But a Ticat win combined with losses by the Als and the blue team would put the Ticats tied for first in their division. It was said in the Ticats TV game preview that the Esks have not won a game at IWS since 2003. And considering the importance of this game, that trend had better continue. And so all I can say after saying this is...

Go Ticats!

OSKEE WEE WEE!

I`m looking forward to a big game by the Cats. I believe our defense will step up big time. Printers will have his best game of the season. I feel really good about this one!!! Oskee wee wee, go cats go!!!

Thanks BYF

Never get tired of seeing or saying this Great job BYF!!!, unforunately/fortunately I will not be participating in tonight's thread as my daughter is junior Cheerleading this game and I will be there PROUDLY wearing BLACK, GOLD and RED!!!

Good luck to the Cats tonight and lets see a big win, Jesse runs for 167yds Printers throws for 300, hey a guy can dream can't he....lol

The lack of a pass rush issue has me worried. I'm not sure what Charlie's motivation for the Spec article is all about. Isn't an essential element of the blitz surprise? Or is this reverse psychology? In any event, Ray will pick apart our secondary without pressure.

I agree with the need to balance the attack. If Printers doesn't throw a TD pass, he at least needs to have a good night passing.

It's a glorious night to be at IWS

Yes BYF,

Great job as always. Ive checked out other fan sites. I dont think there are too many game threads out there.

Thats why I think this site is so good. To me, if you cant actually go to the game or see it. Listening to the game and participating in the game thread is the best.

It's a glorious night to be at IWS
Yes indeed...a great night for football in Hamilton. I look for a good match-up between two teams that are trying to define themselves on both Offence and Defence. If the Cat Defence can figger out a way to get a pass-rush, it could be a long night for Ray, laying on his back. I also think it's time...for the $500.000.00 man to lead this Offence....by settling down, and playing the game the way we all know he can...

Let's go Cats, take no prisoners.

Another great job, BYF.
If you're going to miss a couple of games, that's what I would consider a tragedy!

Oh well. I'm looking at the bright side tonight. I feel for those of you in the blackout area. Here in the Great White North, I'll be watching and rooting for Casey, Jesse, and the rest.

A victory tonight would be SO SWEET!

Oski-wa-wa
Whiskee-wee-wee
Holy Mackinaw
Tigers, Eat 'em raw!

OSKEE WEE WEE :rockin:

quick question ... since the game is blacked out ... what is TSN going to have on for those of us in the blacked-area? :?

I know it's really early in the season ... but DAMN THAT SOUNDS NICE! :cowboy:

Either:

(a) Wide world of Poker

or

(b) Monster truck show.

Seriously, it will be something lame.

Thanks ... thats what I figured :thdn:

I’m off to the Lions game now, so do us a favour and beat the Eskies for us!

We will :thup:

have fun at the game... GO LIONS!

Hey guys,

Just thought i would let you know that if you want to watch the game all of this seasons CFL games are being shown here:

http://www.justin.tv/rags2riches

might want to go there early and wait because they might be locking the channel to make it private when the game starts

I’m hoping with Fred Perry out that Printers will have all day to pass and Lumsden will rip some big runs off (preferably in the first half). Wish I could be at the game.

http://tigercatatonia.blogspot.com/

I'd like to thank everyone who told me how well I did in getting this started off. But...

Well, it's not like Lumsden is missing a few games. :slight_smile: Because I think there might be enough depth here for someone else to do well in getting these threads started off whenever I might not be able to start them.

Anyway, kickoff is in a few minutes. And RF2006, I think quite a few people in the area of Hamilton who couldn't make it to the game will thank you for that link. I didn't think streaming of the game would be made available on a site like Justin.tv or Ustream.tv.

On both TSN and CHML/Y108, it was said Printers has yet to throw a TD pass. Is too much being made of this? And when you have an RB like Lumsden, is that not considered a reason for the lack of passing TDs?

Hi Everyone

Big game today
Cats need to win to keep pace

Lets Go Cats

WOAH... the games not blacked out on TSN HD :rockin: