Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 11/3/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: November 3, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_edm.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

So this is it. Tiger-Cats gameday is here for the last time in 2007. It’s the last call for Tiger-Cat football. And so the play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game, as it happens, is now here. There may not be as many posts here with the game being at IWS, and because there may not as much interest in the team, and with this game being considered a pre-season game for 2008. However, this thread is here if you want to discuss the game as it happens. There are only eighteen of these games per year, might as well enjoy them while you can. The next game thread will appear sometime in June 2008. So here we go, for the last time until next year.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the 2-15 Ticats can end this season on a positive note, in this season that has been lacking positives. And with this game being like a 2008 pre-season game, to see if we might have reasons to look forward to 2008.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, November 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, and CHED (630 kHz AM) broadcasting from Edmonton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.630ched.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Edmonton’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CHED now.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the game preview that is on Ticats TV. In this clip that is 5:05 in length, excerpts of interviews with Gagne-Marcoux, Bauman, and Setta are played.

Click here to view the press conference for this game.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Richie Williams starts at quarterback, and it’s interesting to see Armstead not start at WR. Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

Click here to view the Eskimos depth chart. It is interesting to see Hitchcock listed ahead of Barrenechea on it. And it is good to see Cheatwood listed as a starter again. Stefan LeFors gets the start at quarterback, and Tucker and Ebell are not listed as starters.

Click here for this evening's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening. Northwest winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 9°C.

And the final regular season game is once again like a pre-season game for the Ticats, where the outcome may not matter as much, but we hope to see some good individual performances. This is Fan Appreciation Night, and it would be appropriate then for the Ticats to win this one. After everything that has happened, a win would be great for to see. With so few wins, each one means something. And so let us hope this they will make their last performances good ones, and not just mail it in and collect their last paycheques. Let’s see if we’ll celebrate a victory (which is quite possible considering the Ticats are taking the 2nd worst team in the league) rather than celebrate that the season is over.

And so for one last time this year, I say…

Go Ticats!

Hi BobYoungFan:

Many thanks for posting your outstanding Ticat game day threads this season. You have been one of the most consistent and productive members of the "Ticat team" this year.

Go Ticats!

BYF - You've done a great job all year getting the game thread ready :thup: :thup:

Go Cats :rockin:

Thanks for your work all year BYF.

Well Fokes
Last day at ball Park for another 6 months. :cry:

I can’t wait to get Off Season Started.
So we can get to Camp for 2008
Let hope for 10 win Season next year.

Bob Young Fan, many thanks for your thoughtful and detailed work in setting up these Game Day threads. They have always been a feature of my pre- and postgame ritual. Well done, my friend! Here's to a winning season next year!

Great job as always, BYF.

It will be perfect autumn football weather at IWS tonight so I hope the place is packed and we come out of there cheering on a win.

OSKEE WEE WEE!

BYF thanks for the roller coaster of a year, I won't be threading because I'll be at the game.

Just before we kick off into the last game, let me add my thanks to those of others to the ever faithfull BYF for his stewardship throughout a very hard year.

Great site and you always provide the platform for a great thread on game day!

Wow. I was not expecting this. I must thank all of you who have complimented me on how I start these threads. Without people like you, I would not have done this. As I said before, I am not the one who makes the game threads. It is those who post to them who make the threads. And it has been good to see this gameday tradition continue this year.

Anyway, less than 300 seconds until the final opening kickoff.

Always a fine job BYF
Too bad the Ticats were not as thorough as you
Last game of the year of this nightmare of a season. 8 months to go before we do it again

Game on!

Esks return kickoff to their 26.

Esks opening drive ends with two-and-out, when was last time our D held opponent to that on opening drive?

Armstead returns punt to our 51, good to see us get good field position.

I think we'll see a few handoffs to Caulley get us to field goal range.

our ball
Let's see what we can do

Instead we go with deep incomplete pass, then Williams gets tacked and we punt. And the East's rookie of the year sends them back by their 20.

Great stretch to French is just missed, and second down conversion fails...but Setta booms a fantastic punt and the Esks are caught deep in their end of the field...

We have them deep; can we keep them there?

The D holds, and Fleming's punt bounces backwards, Cats have it with a NY flag...

Edmonton punt bounces in out favour, we start at their 45 or so. Now if we can get game's 1st 1st down...

And there is the game's opening 1st down, nice pass to French, who has been fairly reliable for us.