Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/8/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: October 8, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can move two points ahead of the blue team in the standings, and improve their record to .500 again.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, October 8th, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation and winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 16 degrees Celsius.

Last week, an Edmonton team that was 3-9 beat a Hamilton team that was 6-6. If any Ticats took the Esks lightly last week, they should not make that mistake tonight. Both teams need this win. One team needs it to ensure they get the home field advantage in the playoffs, the other needs it to make the playoffs. The latter of those teams was able to get the win last week, and could do it again last night. Upset wins can and do happen in this league. Can it happen again in the rematch between these teams? That cannot be allowed to happen again, and especially not... in OUR house!

Go Ticats!

Ugggh I got called into work, don't get off till 8 PM and takes half an hour to get back to IWS.At least i'll only be missing an hour though :slight_smile:

So for the first half hour i'll be counting on you guys to let me know what's happenin.Thanks a bunch,
GO CATS GO!!!!! :rockin: :rockin:

Gonna be one beautiful fall evening down at the stadium.

Great job as always BYF.

This is it baby. A win and we’re back on track. A loss and the fat lady will serenade us out of IWS.

No matter what happens it won’t rain and the beers will be cold. However, I’d like to see this team play in November.

I think Hamilton takes the rematch; my team has had trouble with consistency, taking losses after a win.

No offense but I hope you're right.I want to see a solid performance from our secondary and I want to see a break-out game from Stevie Baggs.Don't get me wrong, he's been nothing short of awesome since signing but I think he's due for a BIG game.Also, would like to see a cut down on Glenn's blind throws.Aka the ones where he throws to a spot assuming a WR is going to be in the exact location to catch it.Teams have cued in on it and it doesn't seem to be as effective.What I do notice IS effective now is Glenn's PA and rollout for a pass.That used to be our bread and butter and is probably our most successful play next to the pump and go route we sometimes use to get on top early.Expecting a big performance all around, members of the secondary have their jobs on the line.

GO CATS GO!

I think your secondary and dline will be a big factor again, just like last week. If Ray has time to step up and throw, if his recievers can catch in traffic and get those YAC yards... we'll see another shootout and the pressure on Glenn will be huge to match Ray drive for drive. If he doesn't have the time and the recievers, you'll be a happier man than I at the end of the evening. I think fighting for that home playoff date actually means Hamilton has more to fight for than Edmonton, even though we might miss the playoffs entirely, nevermind a home date in November.

This could be a tight one. I want to say our home-field advantage is going to help, but I think our crowd is about one fumble and a torched DB away from turning on the team. When the boos (and/or booze) start raining down, things start to get more fragile.

We need to limit mistakes. I want to say that we need a good start, but we've had great starts and handed games away. I think the coach calling out the D should light a fire under them. Hopefully.

I'm afraid you might be right. A big factor in Edmonton's favour, unfortunately.

I'm hoping the d-line has cleared out the cobwebs for tonight. They looked jumpy at the beginning of last game, and then after a bunch of offsides, seemed to lose their edge. Hopefully they can avoid jumping offside whenever ray raises his voice or twitches his hands. And get some pressure on Ray. Because our set of 2nd string DBs is going to need all the help it can get.

Time for some action (almost)!

Thanks for the compliment, Ock.

And 15C, I'll try to take some good notes for you. Good to know that this thread can be even more useful than I thought it was. It's like a live blog of what's happening.

Not looking forward to going up against Peterson and Ellis, and WR and DE we did not have to face last week. Hope Cobb will have another good game, and hopefully be fumble-free this time.

Kickoff coming up soon, got CHML on now.

Game on!

SCHMIDT tackled at 36 to start.

Wind: West, 28 km/h, gusts of 38km/h

Looks a bit windy at IWS. Sandro, remember what you learned from Ozzie, OK?

Yeah, hope he had another talk with that guy who knows IWS well.

Don't like seeing McDaniel down. (Left knee?) But he walks off.

Great to see Stala OK, gets us FD on 1st offensive play!

First down play: pass blocked.

Next play: Glenn calls own number, 2-3 yards short.

Wilbur punts against wind, Esks start at their 20.

Hope D can hold up better, with help from that 13th player in the crowd.

Good evening folks!

Looks like BYF has the play-by-play down, so I'll chime in with the occasional pithy contribution as off-colour commentator... :wink:

Scratches are same as they were last week: Dewit, Reid, MacKay and Gibbs.

They get FD on first play.

Then they get five yard pass to Nowacki, Stamps then hangs on for FD.

Ray getting good enough protection. Crowd into it

I liked that Stamps fought for that catch

Works for me. Good to have you in the virtual broadcast booth. :slight_smile:

3rd down after deep pass could not be held onto. Seeing a few too many empty seats in IWS.