Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/5/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: October 5, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. There many be many posts here tonight, with lots of page refreshing going on. In any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can defeat that team that they are competing with for a playoff berth in the most important game of the season for these two teams so far.

WHERE - Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.

WHEN - Friday, October 5th, 2012, at 9:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN and RDS2.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting useful information during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

For the last few weeks, these teams have been competing for a berth in the EDSF game. And so for these last few weeks, this game has been considered a big one. And now, it looks like this is the game that could make or break these two teams' chances of making the playoffs. The last time these teams met, it was in the Ticats house, and the Ticats were on a five game losing streak. Now, the roles have reversed. While the Ticats did blow out the Esks at IWS earlier this year, they have not been able to do so well away from IWS. In fact, they have not won at Commonwealth Stadium since 2006. But this team was able to get its first win in Saskatchewan since 2000 earlier this year. This Ticat team also need this win to prove that it can win outside of IWS more than just occasionally. And so having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks BYF!

I get to watch our Tabbies play on NBC sports tonight :rockin:

Oskie Wa Wa from the cold snowy prairies to Ticats fans across the globe!

Peguese one of the scratches. That's a surprise. Others-- Rwabukamba, Kelly and Rutley.

Wow!! He must be injured, that's the only logical explanation.

While that’s a concern, it’ll be interesting to see how Jacquies Smith does. Here’s what one Miami sportswriter had to say about Smith when the Dolphins signed him back in April:

The Miami Dolphins made a smart move when they acquired undrafted defensive end Jacquies Smith. The former Missouri star has the potential to make the roster as a situational rush end in the team’s new 4-3 scheme.

Smith has is a decent athlete with an above-average range of movement. His best attribute is an explosive first step, enabling him to regularly beat blockers to the edge.

Smith displayed a knack for the big play in college. He usually knocks the ball loose when he gets to the quarterback, evidenced by his five sacks and four forced fumbles in 2011.

Although he possesses credible closing speed, Smith is not a physically intimidating specimen. He is unlikely to overwhelm blockers with power and has to rely on his initial burst to get into the backfield.

Mediocre recognition skills are also a problem for Smith, who can be confused by motion and play action. However, his burst and range as a rush end could appeal in the Dolphins’ new defense.

Miami needs fleet-footed pass-rushers out on the edges to take full advantage of the size and strength of their defensive tackle rotation. Smith’s ability to zone drop could even help him see time at strong-side linebacker in certain fronts.

It's a must win game! It's do or die tonight! We must give 110%! There is no tomorrow! There's no room for excuses! We must draw a line in a sand here...no further!

This concerns me greatly, I hope the D can continue to be as improving as it has been with him IN the line up, with him OUT of the line up...

:cry:

Problem is he's playing defensive tackle tonight (according to Drew Edwards, anyway). Sounds like he's strictly a pass rusher, so hopefully he won't be getting pushed around on the interior tonight.

Not a problem, K/P. Good to know you'll get to see it; hope you get to enjoy seeing it.

As Drew pointed out, they could have scratched Boudreaux instead. That certainly is surprising. But if Peguese is injured, I'm sure we'll find out about it.

But I sure won't question the decision to scratch Rwabukamba considering what he's going through.

The Peguese scratch is worrisome. I want to see which team shows up tonight, especially on defence...which needs all the aggression it can muster. It needs to be dominant. Peguese was part of that last week.

Go Tiger-Cats!

Just a few minutes to kick off…

Ugh I hate these late night Friday games… I gotta be at work for 4:30 in the AM on Saturdays… but I’m chugging them back and waiting to enjoy a BIG TiCat win tonight!!!

That can't be easy.

Regarding the Peguese scratch, Drew says this:

#Ticats scratching DE Brandon Peguese isn't ratio-related. New guy Jacquies Smith can play inside & out Brandon Boudreaux better vs. run.
[url=https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/status/254384419270451201]https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/stat ... 9270451201[/url]

Kickoff coming up soon...

LOL... this game is gonna be fun, the pre game introductions are creating some heat!!

:lol: That was awesome!

I wonder how much Safeway is paying the Ticats to not have Williams return kickoffs....

GAME ON!!!

It did look like some players on both teams were mouthing off at each other there.

Alright, how will this team respond in the most important game of the year so far? Can they prove they can get it right on the road, put consecutive good performances together, against a team looking to avoid a six game losing streak? I sure hope so. Sure hope not to see this team fall flat again.

Cuthbert and Suitor in the broadcast booth tonight.

Game on!

Esks start at their 35.

Alright, give KJ a hard time.

This is it baby...season right here. Oskie Wee Wee

Hey Guys,
It seems like every week it's the biggest game of the season. This would qualify.
The Cats need to come out gunning and not let up.

If Hank is on his game and the defense can play as well as of late the Cats have a good chance to win this game.

It's kickoff time

Go Cats

KJ throws well over LOS, pass deflected, caught by Murillo for pick! Nice!

Not so nice: Esks pick it right back. Ugh.