Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/3/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos: October 3, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Eskimos.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can move two points ahead of the blue team in the standings, and improve their record to 7-6.

WHERE - Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.

WHEN - Sunday, October 3rd, 2010, at 4:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca’s live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game’s scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards’ blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats.ca

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today’s weather forecast. At the time I’m posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation and winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 17 degrees Celsius.

This week, the Ticats take on the kind of team they know they can defeat. They have demonstrated that they can do well against teams that are below .500 in the standings. And the Esks are missing a few starters, so there are no excuses for losing this one. They did beat the blue team seven days ago in Moncton, so they shouldn’t be underestimated. But then again, the blue team did a good job helping the Esks win. So as long as we don’t do that, we should be fine. But I say…

Go Ticats!

Flicker and POW.........Go Eskies Go........EE - two wins in a row.........Show It To Me :rockin:

http://kwcblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Milk-Jug-Igloo-Web.jpg

FEEDING TIME!! LMAO

Thanks BYF as always -- EAT 'EM RAW, TIGERS!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Go Cats go, I hope we've fixed the holes in our pass defence. :oops:

The beauty of this week's games is that the same matchups are to be repeated next week, with a change of home teams.

I can see the Toronto and Winnipeg matchups simply repeating this week's losses. And, Ticats will win today, and repeat that next week. I doubt. though, if Montreal will lose two games in a row.

Farfetched? I don't think so. After next week, we should be sitting in a strong position. It all starts this afternoon.

Go Cats!

I know that Coach MB and Richie Hall are long-time friends and former co-workers, but that will have to be put aside for today! Business is business, and each coach has a job to do! I, for one, don't want to see Hall lose his job, since I don't believe that this season was his fault. However, Eric Tillman may not have much choice once the season is over and he begins his tough job of "tweaking" the team. He has to fix all of the errors that Danny Maciocia made. As for the Cats, we have an important home playoff date to shoot for! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a problem Russ.

Kickoff in about 20 minutes. Listening to CHML as TSN has NASCAR on now.

Esks really need this win after BC won last night. Upset wins can and do happen. I remember the Esks won the last time these teams met in that stadium. I still remember the end zone drop by Drisan James very well. After hearing that Toronto beat Ottawa in the CIS yesterday, an Esk win would not seem that surprising to me.

Scratches:

#72 DL Jeremy Gibbs
#99 DL Jermaine Reid
#53 OL Mark DeWit
#15 WR Glenn MacKay

Same as last week, no?

A couple of good quotes:

Drew asked linebacker Jamall Johnson what he was going to do while he was in Edmonton: "East, sleep, kick some a$$, go home."

Drew asked Hinds who his match up was likely to be. He mentioned Canadian Andrew Nowacki and a couple other names but then said: "It doesn't really matter - they're all Randy Moss to me."

TSN's coverage starts now!

TSN's coverage is on now.

Sal just said that he expects Cobb to have a good game. EDM's run defence is the league's worst, and they are missing starters on their D. I expect long drives that'll be kept going after handoffs to Cobb. Just hope there won't be fumbles and other mistakes like those.

I also hope to see a better game from the secondary. At least they don't have Campbell to worry about. It'll be interesting to see how Hinds will do.

Game on!

Esks start at their 30.

Drive ends a little later than I wanted it to as McCarty gained them some yards, off to good start. Passes to Nowacki were good.

Pre hits upright from 48! They get nothing!

Pre DOINKS the upright -- Cats hold on D!

Pretty good opening drive for the Esks, snuffed out by missed FG.
Let's go Cats offence.

But I wonder, if it were just a little further to the right, how far would Thiggy have returned it?

Ah well, let's see what we can do on offence, see if they'll commit to running it again.

McDaniel gets FD, then Mann (who I hope will be motivated) gains us almost 10, about half a chainlink short.

They should go long here.

Cobb tears off a nice run...

On 2nd and inch? Don't think we'd be fooling them.

And Cobb gains about 10! That is what I'm talking about!

Yes, they should. But you knew they wouldn’t.

Mr Cobb for 10 yards....1st down!