Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/29/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: September 29, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_wpg.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the play-by-play game thread for discussion of the game as it happens is due to be posted. With this game being away from IWS, and with the Ticats coming off a win, I expect that there will be many people posting their thoughts here as the game happens.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – To see if the 2-10 Ticats can build on the success from last week and accomplish something this season, and give us reasons to look forward to the future.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

WHEN - Saturday, September 29th, at 7:00 p.m. EDT (6:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or CJOB (680 kHz AM) broadcasting from Winnipeg.

Television: CBC. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.cjob.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Winnipeg’s talking heads.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via CBC’s website, and you can bring up its Internet broadcast if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the video game preview via Ticats TV. This video that is 4:44 in length consists of excerpts of interviews with Taaffe, Printers, Williams, and Keith. Topics discussed include whether or not Printers will play, and the performances of Williams and Keith. (And check out Keith’s hair!)

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. It is interesting to note the Printers is listed as the starting quarterback on it.
Click here for that "interactive" depth chart that the Ticats have.

The Blue Bombers depth chart is not yet available, but you can click here to view previous depth charts of theirs, and the one for this game whenever it comes up.

Click here for this evening's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening. South winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 24 degrees Celsius.

Click here to view last week’s game thread. That should bring back some good memories.

And so gameday is here and the Ticats, for only the second time this season, go into a game coming off a win. The season could be considered over by some, but after what has happened this year, any wins will be accepted as we look for signs of improvement in this team. And this team still has yet to get a win away from IWS this year, but their last win came in Winnipeg, and this team defeated Winnipeg this year. And whether it is Casey Printers or Richie “Don’t Call Me Ricky? Williams quarterbacking the team, we at least hope to be entertained, just as we were last week.

Go Ticats!

Game in and game out; an outstanding achievement by BYF.
If Williams can perform at the same level starting a game as when he comes in relief, the Cats may have overspent on QB that they didn't need.
If Williams is at the same level starting a game, Hamilton may have made a mistake at signing Printers.
This game may ask and may answer many questions aboutthe Cats quarterbacking situation.

As I mentioned in a later thread, we now
may have the best 1-2 punch at QB than
any other team in the CFL. Look what
happens when you don't have a reliable
QB at backup. (i.e. Calgary,Edmonton and
possible Montreal)

Nice Job as Normal BYF

GO TICATS

The surge of confidence that Printers gives this team and the fanbase cannot be discounted either...

Winnipeg here,
Thanks for the post BYF. The pregame show has already statred on the local radio station CJOB. Nothing out of the ordinary is being talked about. The main thing is the wind is pretty strong. 30 kmh gusting to 55 kmh. It is expected to die down as the game goes on but no doubt will be a factor. Have a good game Hamilton and I hope those that came to Winnipeg for the game have a good time.

Uh oh. Setta plus strong wind equals many no yards calls.

As much as I like Roy Green, couldn't CHML do an hour long pre-game show?

Thanks for the compliments on the game thread, I always appreciate receiving them.

Anyway, ten minutes until kickoff. With it official that Williams is starting, would Chang be put in the game if Williams needs to be replaced for any reason? This won't be easy for Williams.

It was funny to hear Millington say the Ticats were "on a roll."

Whats up with CBC's audio?

Game on!

Bombers start at their 17 after holding call on return.

DLine is really fired up here...

And Roberts got nowhere on 2nd and short. Bombers to punt.

Defence holds
We're getting the ball
Let's see if Williams can continue his winning ways

Wind seemed to affect that punt which did not go far and led to no yards call.

Williams said starting the game allows him to get into a rhythm sooner. I like hearing that. It may not be easy coming in off the sidelines, and it'll be interesting to see what this "diamond in the rough" can do if given an entire game.

We start with Lumsden gaining a six. No surprise to see that as first play.

If Dickerson did not move sticks, we gamble, I say.

And we did. Then Lumsden gets nice gain.

Crap. Don;t know what was with play selection on 2nd and 3. Williams said to have quick release, but he got sacked. Now we punt.

Or at least I thought we'd punt. It seemed CBC did too with the camera angle they used on the field goal attempt. And Setta hits post from 48.

If it were even less accurate (a little to the right) we would have the lead.

Off the uprights
aaaarrrrgggg

Where does Winnipeg get the ball; the 20?