Tiger-Cats Vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread (9/19/2008)

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: September 19, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_wpg.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg

It is once again gameday for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And prior to this gameday was a sad day for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the CFL. Everything else that has happened on and off the field does not seem to mean as much now after the passing of Ron Lancaster. But the show goes on and there is football to be played. And this thread is for those who want to discuss the game as it is happening. And although how this game will turn out does not seem to matter as much to me, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get defeat a team they will need to defeat to stay in the race in the East Division.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, September 19th, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. Local blackouts are in effect at the time this was posted, although they will hopefully be lifted so that any tributes to Lancaster will be seen by as many people as possible.

Internet: Visit www.y108.ca and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats interactive depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of about 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 15 degrees Celsius.

On this Hall of Fame game, another hall-of-famer will be honoured, and on this "blackout night" fans will wear black and not just because of a promotion. And what this game was going to be about, which is the race in the east, and Moreno's return, doesn't seem to matter as much as it did before. How the team will respond after this and how the crowd will be affected remains to be seen. But to the team, I would usually simply say "Go Ticats!" but to paraphrase a quote from Ron Lancaster, I say...

Be on time, pay attention, play like hell, Ticats!

Ahmen to that ..
Good Bless R.L.

It will be sad night at IWS, but at least we'll be together as a CFL & Tiger Cat community to pay tribute to a great man.

Thanks again BYF!

Oski Wee Wee,

Where ever Ronnie is I hope he has his
fingers crossed, this is the whole season
on the line tonight.

As Ronnie would say we need a whole team
effort tonight!

Anytime. Well, maybe not any time, but… :slight_smile:

Pregame show on CHML is on now. I would like to know what will be said.

Quite a few players on the Ticats hadn’t played for Ron Lancaster, as many changes were made to the roster since 2006. But Ron’s passing will be on the mind of players on the team.

I wish I could be there at IWS. But I am wearing black.

In an interview on CHML, it was interesting to hear Moreno say that Williams "brings more energy" than Printers and is more mobile. I understand that interview was already played on CJOB, but I just heard it for the first time.

And I just heard on CHML now that Smith won't play tonight, and that Bauman may have a concussion. Both were listed on the depth chart.

This tribute to Ron on CHML is quite good.

I cant make it to the game, they've blacked out it out and TSN web is airing the golf.

Thanks

This is a big game for the Cats
A win they still have a playoff chance a loss and we start talking about next year
Go Cats

Its not blacked out on TSN HD at least if you have it.

They stream the games on TSN.ca now, for free, but I can’t watch because Im being blocked…any other alternatives except radio?

TSN showed what only seemed to be part of the video tribute that was on the TigerVision, but I'll be sure to watch it once it is on Ticats TV.

Dunigan sure sounded emotional, saying the 30 seconds he had was not enough to say what he wanted to say about Ron Lancaster, and how much better the works would be if more people were like Ron.

You can go to www.cfl.ca and pay for the broadcast

Was trying to access the game through TSN HD as well on Expressvu, er, BellTV, but the game has been blacked out there too. Will just have to listen for us cheap bastards!! :lol:

Looks like a rather small crowd at IWS.

Players on both sides will have #23 decals on helmets? Good to see.

Game starts with Walker with not a bad return, getting us by our 40.

Nice gain on completion to Rodriguez...

Ah OK, Im watchin it on Source Cable TSN HD.

God I hated Bell.

Pass to Mitchell incomplete, then punt bounces out of bounds in endzone for single.

1-0 Ticats.

After Reid gained 25 rushing yards, 3rd down forced.

Smaller crowd is into it, and I think I heard Sal say something about how after that opening kickoff, the focus is what happens on the field. There is football to be played.

Our offence starts at our 11.