Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/3/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: August 3, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_wpg.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

It is once again gameday for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And so it is once again time for this thread for discussion of the game as it happens to be posted here. I see that at least a few people like the way I start these game threads, and at least one person has nominated me to be this season's game thread starter. And since there is no game thread here at the time I am posting it, I suppose I'll at least be the game thread starter this week. So as gameday is here, let's get this play-by-play game thread started here.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Winnipeg Blue Bombers

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get themselves into the race in the East Division by defeating the team that has earned its place as the division's first-place team. They'll only be two points behind the blue team with a win tonight.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario

WHEN - Friday, August 3rd, at 7:30 p.m. EDT

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, and CJOB (680 kHz AM) broadcasting from Winnipeg.
It is also available via Sirius Satelite Radio on Hardcore Sports ch. 186 and Play by Play 4 ch. 119.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.cjob.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Winnipeg’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CJOB now.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here. And you can also view that TSN broadband site for clips of the Als defeating the blue team again, but I digress. :slight_smile:

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view the press conference in which Charlie Taaffe discusses this upcoming game.

Click here to view the game preview, which features interviews with Dickerson, Armour, Bauman, and Working.

Click here to download the Ticat game notes (it's a 41 page PDF file that is 2.69 MB in size.)

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Bombers depth chart. Sam Young, who has been expected to receive many boos in this game, is not listed as a starter on it.

I'll also note this game features the two leaders in yards gained from the line of scrimmage, as you can see if you click here. Only eight ( 8 ) yards separate Roberts and Lumsden in that category.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and west winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 28 degrees Celsius, but it's expected to feel like 31 degrees with the humidity.

Since last week, much has been said by certain individuals on these two teams. But the time for talk is going to be over, and these two teams now look to settle their differences on the field. Some who are not Ticat fans have predicted that this will be the week the Ticats get that first win. And with everything that has happened recently, Ticats fans would like to see this happen against the Bombers. Will the Ticats get it right against the Bombers this time?

Go Ticats!

Nice work as always BYF
I get the first post for this game
Cats don't win this game this season is in serious jeopardy
So I guess we had better win
Go Cats

i hear its supposed to be hot
its suppposed to feel like 43 this afternoon when theyre playing and when im working...i work at the staium in the BBq section

I have been craving a Denninger's sausage since Wednesday.

lol
i get free stuff on breaks

Your "other" name isn't "mikey" is it? lol

OSKI WEE WEE
OSKI WA WA
HOLY MACKINAW
TIGERS
EAT 'EM RAW!!!

:D

Hospitality tip: each cheerleader should present the Bombers with one bucket and announce that's all the water they get tonight... ROTFLFMAO :wink:

Oski Wee Waterpik,

Hey, I need some advice. I've finally gotten back from five weeks traveling and will actually get to watch a game. Not using my season ticket, of course, since I live in BC. Now, last night I was in the emergency room until 2:30am with a massive infection in my foot, and I'm on an antibiotic IV drip.

So my question is, do I order the game online and have ribs while watching at home, or do I go down to the sports bar and have wings and watch the game there?

Oh, yeah, being really ill is in now way stopping me from watching the Cats kick Bomber Booty. :wink:

Dr. Russ Says: Order in. Relax. Enjoy the carnage! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

just got some otrivin.

Two hours to Game Time.

AJB out in B.C., Oski-oui-oui in Montreal, myself way up north...we all wish we could be with the others at IWS. But it's not to be. We will watch and post here, and be jealous of those at the game.

Enjoy! Go, Cats, go.

The kickoff is about 90 minutes from now, the pre-game shows start in about an hour. Until then, perhaps I'll view this video clips posted on this site that I posted links to earlier here.

Those of you going to the game who are still here reading this, have a good time. It is good to see it appears at least a few people who wish they could be there at IWS will be holding the fort in this thread tonight though.

Less than an hour until the opening kickoff, and the pre-game show on Winnipeg station CJOB is on now.

I suppose those who'll be at the game are all dressed in black and no longer in a place where they can access this site. Well, it can be accessed at IWS, but I don't find that seems to happen very often.

On CJOB, they discussed the Ticat quarterback situation. They mentioned that the Ticats have a 4-16 record when Maas is quarterbacking the team. But they also mentioned used the "quarterbacks is only as good as teammates" argument, saying the Ticats don't have the most talent on offence. It was also interesting to hear them say Maas being hard on himself can be a strength and a weakness. And it was interesting to hear them say that he can't seem to put what happens on previous plays behind him.

This season is still in reach if we pull this one out

Ticat fan here in B.C. I wish I was there at Ivor Wynne to cheer on the Ticats. I know there going to play their best game and win!!!Hopefully there will be a sea of Black
Oskee Wee Wee!!!

Lets go Cats!!!

Out on my balcony...time to ROCK AND ROLL, BOYS! :wink:

I'll be jumping between my TV in one room, and my computer in another.
That's ok. I need the exercise.

Will they post the real Tiger at midfield?

Let's get it on!

Where are you at in BC? We should form a support group out here or something!

That was a good feature on Moreno they showed there on TSN. And Schultz compared him to Zambiasi, and the names of Tiggle and O'Shame were also mentioned. Good to hear him compared to individuals like those.

Anyway, were just a few minutes away from the kickoff and we don't even have two full pages of posts here yet? :slight_smile:

And is anyone else getting an error saying "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while" after posting?