Tiger-Cats Vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/26/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: August 26, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. With this game not being anywhere near Hamilton, I expect many posts to be made here. I expect a lot of posting and page refreshing to be happening tonight. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can improve their record to 5-3 and keep up with the Bombers and Als in the standings.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba (a.k.a. Skeeterville.) :wink:

WHEN - Saturday, August 13th, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here for an article on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and northwest winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 21 degrees Celsius.

The term "must-win" is used quite often, but if the Ticats want to avoid losing the season series against Winnipeg, then they must win tonight. If they want to avoid being .500 again, and thus avoid looking like nothing more than a middle-of-the-road team, then they must win tonight. If they want to keep up with the two teams ahead of them so that they'll have the home field advantage at playoff time, then they must win tonight. If they want to prove that they can be this team in their own house this regular season, then they must win tonight. And of course, it would be great to see the Ticats end the Bombers four game win streak so we won't have to hear so much about how great this Winnipeg team is. So now I say...

Go Ticats!

Ugh. I have to work the Peach Festival tonight. Thank god for the PVR!! GO TABBIES!!!

Just about 11 hours to kickoff
I agree with BYF, this is must game. In fact the next 3 games could make or break the season. We have Winnipeg and then Montreal back to back. If the Cats can somehow manage to win all 3 then they would be considered a Grey Cup contender.
The offence is firing on just about all cylinders now and if the defence can get it together on a more consistent basis the team has promise but it all has to start with this game.
That article in The Spectator yesterday about Glenn not throwing an interception in the last 4 games could be a bad omen. Murphy's Law may not be far behind now.
Hopefully everything works out and we get another notch in the win column
Go Cats

Is it possible to watch the game live on-line or is CHML the only option over the internet?

We received some damage from the lightning the other night and our cable will be repaired Saturday at the earliest.

A must win game, if we expect to contend for 1st.

TSN has live streaming for all Friday games.
7 more hours...Go Cats

I hate to say it but I have a feeling that the Cats are going to lay an egg tonight.

It's been a long 2 weeks.. can't wait till kick off.... Go Cats!1

Turn Swaggerville back into Mosquitoville!!

Great job as always, BYF!

I've just completed a month-long intensive teaching certification course, so I am looking forward to kicking back tonight and watching the carnage. LOL

Go Cats!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

P.S. Here is an updated stadium cam shot of the new Winnipeg stadium...

http://www.genesis-alliance.com/pics/mosquitoNet/Square1pt.jpg

;)

Drew said Rob Black isn't calling the game tonight. He's doing some women's event (fiitingly)

Nice job as always, BYF.

Big test for our Cats tonight.

I thought I came up with "Mosquitoville".

For those playing the "Swaggerville" drinking game tonight, CHML pre-game has already dropped it three times. #rodblack

Should be a good one, have to PVR this one due to the wife wanting to go out to something :? but will watch the minute I get back.

I'm disappointed in you Earl.

CHML pre-game..."Swaggerville" twice. Drink!

Ugh!.. annoying as hell... I just wish it would go away!

30 minutes and counting!

Pre game on now!

In the first 5 minutes of this Pre Game we have heard "Swaggerville" 6 times.. .sigh!.. this is easily going to drive me nuts tonight!!

It's like those horns at the World Cup of soccer.

lol.. exactly!

Thanks for the compliments on how I started off the thread.

Tonight's scratches: LB Brandon Denson, OL Mark Dewit, RB Terry Grant and WR Marquay McDaniel.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ticats/status/107225563990732800

The last time these teams met, Glenn had a bad game. Need to protect him. B. Johnson is out, Simmons is taking his place, so it's the same O line that allowed only two sacks against this team in week 1. Pierce also wasn't that good in week 1 either.

Need to use everything we have on offence. Would like Thigpen to have a great game, could use some good returns from him. That could really make a difference. As can turnovers, of course. I expect a low-scoring one from both teams. I expect it to be a close one. And I hope they won't let an impressive performance two weeks ago get to their heads, and not have any kind of bye week hangover.

Nah, if you do that, you'll be out of it by halftime.