Tiger-Cats Vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread (7/2/2010)

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: July 2, 2010

We've finally made it. Tiger-Cats gameday (for an actual meaningful game) is finally here. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Those of you who want to discuss what's happening in the game as it's happening can post during the game here. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – It's the season opener for the Ticats. Need I say more?

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

WHEN - Friday, July 2nd, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the Ticats Confidential blog. It'll likely be updated during the game.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably also be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 60% probability of precipitation and winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 31 degrees Celsius, and it'll feel like 38 degrees. There is also a risk of thunderstorms.

Well, we are finally here. A new season is here. And for the first time in a long time we have reasons to believe that this will be a good year for us. But will it be the first time in a long time that we'll start with a win? The last time this team played in Winnipeg was the team's last win. It's good to go into this being the favourite, but our opponents must not be underestimated. Bombers have some question marks, and let's see if it'll continue to be that way after this game. We don't just want to get off to a good start. We want this other team in our division to not start this season well. And so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thank you for starting another game thread BYF.

Oskie Wee Wee!

Winner of this game takes 2 points and is the early leader in the East division.

Very important game early in the season!

wooohooo :smiley: Been a long wait between games. Eat 'em raw boys

T Minus 120 minutes and counting...

YEAH!!!! FOOTBALL!!!!!

I wouldn’t say important, it won’t be the end of the world if we lose, even though it will certainly look like it on this site lol.

Hope Winnipeg got that boat ready in the endzone - our guys could be doing a lot of fishing tonight!

Drew Said no Boat this TIme.

I still hope we Bomb the Bombers

Matt Holmes is like a bucket of water on the camp fire right before the party gets started.

GO CATS GO T-35MIN

Looking forward to this the Beer is Chilled the Pizza is here
I am Stoked…

Half an hour until the kickoff to our season, to the first FNF, and the pre-game shows are on TSN and CHML.

Not as many pre-game posts as I thought there’d be by now. But with this game being far from Hamilton, there should be many posts here. Lots of posting and page refreshing will be going on.

why is Maurice Mann Inactive

Thank BYF... great job as usual... looking forward to participating again!!

He must still be recovering from that injury. Hope he’ll be back soon. It’s too bad he’ll sit this out, but I’m not too worried about our rec. corps. We have the same starting rec. corps that we had the last time we played in Winnipeg.

Not a problem HTD and Ockham.

It gets quite hot and humid in the 'Peg at this time of the year. And check out the latest weather report from there:

31°C
Partly cloudy
Feels Like: 42
Wind: S 33km/h
Wind gusts: 44km/h

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAMB0244

At least it looks like it will not rain, according to this: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourly … obs_hourly

And HTD, you may not be as busy this time as you won’t have to keep track of Bishop’s bad passes. But we 2-0 against Pierce-led BC teams. Let’s see if our D can make it so WPG fans will argue among themselves over whether Pierce or Jyles should start.

Good evening all.

Mann is a scratch because of an earlier ankle injury...did not practise this past week.

Marcel figures he's okay, but a "healthy scratch" as he's not been in practise. We'll certainly get a look at him next game.

Man, I can't wait for this game. I want to see all those blue bomber's fans finally come to the realization, they are in rebuilding mode.

Good stat.

Pierce looked horrible while Jyles looked good last week. I know…I know…exhibition.

Winnipeg is not a fun place to be on a hot summer day. At least in winter you can put on more clothes. Add the mosquito factor and it’s downright intolerable.