Tiger-Cats Vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/1/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: July 1, 2011

Here we are. It is finally that time again. The season begins for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And as it is gameday, it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. Many of those who post on this site may be at the game, and will hopefully enjoy a good one. But those who can't make it to the game may post about the game here, in this thread, as it happens. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – It's the season opener for the Ticats. Need I say more?

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, July 1st, 2011, at 6:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He might be keeping his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 23 degrees Celsius.

It is that time again. The season finally begins for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. There are new coaches and new players, who we hope will make this team continue to head in the right direction. We have waited a long time to see if changes made in the off-season will lead to more success on the field. And it all begins tonight. Last year, it all began with Marcus Thigpen, in his CFL debut, returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown. We would have preferred that it began with a win against the Blue Bombers, and that's hopefully how this season will begin. This team has not won a season opener since 2004. It is time for that to change. It is time for this team to get off to a good start, and make this 2011 season a great one. And so there is only one thing left to say, and that, of course is...

Go Ticats!

Awesome job BYF....... I will not be able to participate in today's game day thread as I will be with my butt parked in the stands cheering the team on from IWS. I'll try to check in at halftime to see how the thread is going.

GO Cats GO!!!!

I'm excited, but slightly nervous as well.

Just want it to be 6:00 already.

Once again, excellent job BYF.

I hope you never retire from making the game day thread. You have set the bar pretty high.

I won't be able to participate, but those watching on TSN should have no problem hearing me. :wink:

Happy Canada Day and Go Cats Go!!!!

x2 GO CATS GO!

Thanks BYF I am Pumped Hoping to see some great D and O Today from Seat high in Sec 8

Fine job as always, BYF. It's going to be a great evening for football.

TiCats: 32
Bummers: 17

A big :thup: on all points. I'll be listening for you.

And just in case I get dragged out for some Canada Day event (possible street BBQ?), I got the PVR and the DVD recorder both set for the game! But if I'm watching live, I'll be on here.

34-27 for the home team. I've got my cowbell ready.

Im sooo pumped!!!!!! Let's go!! Now I am an offence fanatic and have been following every detail possible... can ANY PERSON tell me WHY #84 import Bakari Grant is not in our lineup!? Was I the only one seeing how he destroys defenders!? I mean beat them deep and walk in the zone or zip it to him short and watch this guy slice his way half way down the field. Pick you poison because this.guy does it all at 6'4 and blocks to boot!

Good luck, one of two or three teams that will be facing Buck Pierce this year :thup:

:thup: :lol:

I'm very nervus about this game. REASON 1. apparently Glenn has been known to have a poor season-opener.
and after the last ex. game when he miss fired in the end zone 4 times
I'm starting to believe it.
Reason 2. The DB's haven't looked good. So if we don't get enough pressure
on the QB, this could be a long game.

Basicly it won't take long for the fans to turn on the cats if we lose a couple of games at the start of the season. :cowboy:

The DB's haven't looked THAT good because we weren't using our real plays/blitz packages.

Surprised the NIP named a Reserve is DeWit. Thought for sure it would come from the D -- Jones or Hood.
So Wayne Smith is the only back-up OL, while 4 NIPs dress as back-up LBs.
No surprise with the 3 IMP Reserves -- T. Grant, C. Williams and B. Johnson

Hi Everyone
It’s been 7 months since the Cats played football that meant something.
It’s game time
Go Cats

I am PUMPED!!!

Oh yeah!

Bring it on!

Not a great start. Miscommunication on the return, little dump to Mann but no YAC, and then a coverage (almost) sack.

There's the pressure. Williams in on Broke Pieces, and JJ gets the sack.

And the Williams breaks up a pass.