Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread (6/22/2007)

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: June 22, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_wpg.jpg

Yes, it is gameday, and thus it is time once again for one of those game threads to be started.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. The first game at IWS this year. Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers. A preseason game, but a game nonetheless.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Winnipeg Blue Bombers

WHY – Like any other preseason game, it is a time to get a preview of what we may see in the upcoming season. It is time for those who’ll be starting look to get ready for the upcoming season, and many other players will simply compete against each other in attempts to make the team.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario

WHEN - Friday, June 22nd 2007, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) in Hamilton, or CJOB (680 kHz AM) in Winnipeg.

Television: TV Cogeco systems in some parts of Ontario (Cable 14 in the area of Hamilton) and via Shaw cable in Winnipeg. Click here for more information about television coverage. So many people outside of Hamilton and Winnipeg will need to find out about what happens during the game the old-fashioned way, but perhaps through a medium that is certainly not old-fashioned (and I get to that next.)

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.cjob.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Winnipeg’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CJOB now.

Click here for the game preview on CFL.ca.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. It may not be easy for some to look at this and see that Morreale and Hitchcock are not on it. But Bauman and Getzlaf are there, and perhaps those two and other rookies will demonstrate why they are there. Veterans playing in their first game this year include Maas, Holmes, Lumsden, and Cody.

Click here for the Blue Bombers depth chart (in PDF form.) Bombers who’ll be playing this game who were not playing last week include Glenn, Stegall, Roberts, and Simpson. And, of course, Kingsbury replaces Banks.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and north winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 18 degrees Celsius.

And you can click here for a page in a game thread from last year. It is in this page where it is suggested we hire Taaffe and it is said that some would consider trading for Rocky Butler a good idea. :slight_smile:

And so as the first game to be played at IWS since 2006 is played, we have our game thread here. There may not be as many posts here this time, as it is only the “can’t make it to IWS? crowd that will be participating here. And in it, we’ll be discussing what may give an indication of what we’ll see in the future. And we may get a more accurate idea of what we’ll see this year than we did last week. More starters will be playing here, so we’ll see less of the Tiger-Cuts and Who Bombers. And so you could say that this the final score will matter more here. In any case, we do look for reasons to be optimistic after this game.

Go Ticats!

Well done, BYF!

A heartfelt Oski Wee Wee to all Ticat fans in cyberspace. We've been through a lot this week. I hope the team can rise to the occasion and pull out a win.

It's been too long...let's rock Old Civic tonight!

Oski Wee Wee,

Great Work Bob Young Fan :thup:
I'll be at Game..
so Russ you have lead the Cheers here on the site..
I look Forward to having a beer with in Montreal.

Perfect Weather for football 8)

I don't even remember suggesting we trade for Butler. But now I feel special :smiley:

"Just plain wrong... cut the entire effin' team, but get some winning product on the field."

Doesn't anyone else miss the good old days.

Have a good run on the boards tonight gang. I'm leaving Cambridge in a few minutes to mosey on down Hwy. 8.

Civic Stadium here I come. (Okay- I'll call it Ivor Wynn when we can stop the jokes about 'Never Win Stadium', okay? Perhaps tonight?)

Leave me a few comments for after the game.

Curses! Fourth straight year I've missed the exhibition game. This whole concept of working for a living is interfering with my TiCat addiction.

Nice job setting up the Game Thread.

Yes but have to look forward to new days. Get the rearview mirrow out of your life

I'd like to thank all those who complimented the way I started off this thread. I figure if I'm going to do it, I might as well try to get it off to a good start.

Anyway, the pregame show on CJOB is on now. They may focus mostly on the Bombers, but I suppose it's better than nothing. I understand the pregame show on CHML starts in about 15 minutes, but I can't seem to connect to the CHML stream right now. But the kickoff is in about 45 minutes and that is what I'm looking forward to.

TV Cogeco systems carrying the game include Hamilton, Burlington, Milton, Niagara, Fergus, Windsor, Peterborough, Sarnia and Belleville as well as Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston, North Bay, Huntsville, Gravenhurst, Parry Sound and Smiths Falls. The game will also be carried live in Winnipeg on Shaw Cable.
why not brantford?...were only 20 mins away.

Crap. It really sucks sitting here at not at IWS.

I can’t, it was so much fun coming on here last year after a big loss and seeing everyone at each others throats and asking for every player to be unceremonously thrown out the door.

Ah yes, good times. Some of us might have missed getting to see that during the off-season. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I don’t know why the game is not televised in some places close to Hamilton, but it looks like I’m one of the fortunate ones who will get to see this on television.

Kickoff in about 600 seconds.

who wants to invite all us who cant watch the game on tv over to thier place?...lol

Drummer man, why aren't you at the game?

Well, I tried to argue for more ceremony:

“Prithee dear sirs, shall we deposit Mr. Paopao and his playbook on yonder bricks?” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sad to recall that, since Joe is a class guy. A lot of changes had to be made, nonetheless.

I will be busy at halftime placing ads on Peterborough websites inviting busloads of locals to be the new “Pete jamboree.” If we are going to bastidize the chant, we might as well go full bore! LMAO :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Has anyone been to Faloney's in Ancaster? What's it like?

Hello Everyone

Nice work BYF on the intro. Very comprehensive

Let's see if the Cats can still hold some promise

It does look like there are at least a few seats available in that house. :slight_smile:

But I would expect a good crowd there, even though there seem to be quite a empty seats there just before kickoff.