Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 6/20/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: June 20, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. It may be a preseason game, but we have a game that we can post about nonetheless. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. And yes, I'm back at posting these game threads on gamedays. I did seriously consider retiring from doing this, but I chose not to. I will need someone to cover for me at least a few times this year, though. Anyway, if you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may be many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will not be there at the game. There may be plenty of page refreshing happening here tonight. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

WHY – To see players on each team look to get ready for the upcoming season and to see rookies on each team try to make their respective teams.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

WHEN - Wednesday, June 20th, 2012, at 8:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN2.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

It's the second preseason game of the year. And you know how it is. It's about evaluating individual players, deciding who is good enough to make their respective teams, and for veterans to get the rust off. And so you don't get too disappointed if the good guys lose, and you don't get too excited if they win. But in any case, I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks BYF for not retiring from your game day threads, we all appreciate your dedication to making our Internet game day experience more fun.
The Cats looked good in the 2nd quarter last week with Burris at the helm, if the first team offence picks up where it left off last week I think we are in store for an exciting season offensively.

It's only a pre-season game but an important tune-up for the season opener next week

Go Cats

much obliged BYF

Is there another broadcast source for the game aside from TSN2?
Or a live video stream available online?

We have a TSN subscription, although sadly not it's sister channel.

Training Camp Report
Blue Bombers columnist Bob Irving breaks down all of the question marks heading into the 2012 season for Winnipeg.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/75055/autostart/true

Thank you BYF, it wouldn’t be the same without your game-day threads. Let’s hope that the players make it hard for the coaches to decide who to cut…

Looks like those practices in the rain are going to come in handy.

And thank, BYF, for keeping up the tradition.

Now there's a first. I don't think I have ever seen Darcy carry the ball up the middle before.

Nice run by Avon

Offence looks good so far

Hi folks!

TD BUUUUUUUUUUUURRIS!!!!

TD! Burris still seems to be able to run.

Evenin' Russ... nice to see you again

Great opening drive. Burris used all his tools on that one. Spread the ball around nice. The Peg D did not give much resistance there. Strange??

Hi HTD, CFiO, Russ, etc..

Howdy DCF

Just wondering if they're playing their backup D this quarter. I don't know their team well enough to know. Anyone?

Looks like they have their backup O in there too... ohh wait.. Pierce is 1st string isn't he??

:lol:

Suber's a starter, from what I remember, so that's one at least.

1st string Defense for the Bummers