Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 11/8/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: November 8, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here. It is time for the last regular season game for this team. But unlike in previous years, the last regular season game is not the last call for Tiger-Cats football. In the last few years, the last regular season game was meaningless for us, now this last regular season game is anything but meaningless. But enough about past years. The time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (a.k.a. Blue Cheaters, Spies, etc.)

WHY – To see if the Ticats will have the home field advantage for next week's EDSF game, end the Spies season, and finish the regular season with a .500 record.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

WHEN - Sunday, November 8th, 2009, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. You can see that the team has practiced with crowd noise. And it was good to hear AB3 say he won't be satisifed until we have that parade in town.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation and winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 11 degrees Celsius.

This game may not be as much of a must-win as it would have been if the Esks-Lions game ended in a tie. We'll still be in that EDSF game even with a loss today. But in that game, we'd be playing in Winnipeg, and coming off a loss to the team we're playing. There are no excuses for losing this one, a loss would be a disappointment. We haven't played a bad game since that one versus this same team on Thanksgiving. We need to keep our momentum going. We need to have the three G's on offense (Glenn, Gauthier, and Goodspeed) come back to haunt this Winnipeg team. And another G on defence (Greg (Marshall)) could haunt them. This team could eliminate the one that tried to spy on them. And let's have one last game at IWS this year. We could use that home field advantage. And as we just found out this week, the days of IWS are numbered, and it would be great to have as many playoff games there as possible in its final years. There has not been a playoff game in Hamilton since 2001, the city sure could use this. The team must keep all of this in mind. We need this win.

Go Ticats!

Thanks for another excellent game day thread today, BobYoungFan. Your contributions to the game day experience surely makes you a top candidate for Ticats.ca MOF (Most Outstanding Fan) this year.

It is a remarkable achievement that the Ticats have earned an opportunity to compete for a home playoff game this year after the trials and tribulations the team and the fans have endured over the past few seasons.

Here's hoping that:

1. The Ticat coaching staff has prepared a better game plan than they did the last time the Ticats played the Bombers;

2. The Ticat offensive line gives Kevin Glenn enough time to find his receivers and generate a productive passing game today and DeAndra' Cobb finds some room to move the ball on the ground;

3. The Ticat defence gets more pressure on quarterback on Michael Bishop today and finds a way to neutralize receiver Adarius Bowman and running back Fred Reid;

4. Replacement Ticat kicker/punter Jeremy Ito is productive and consistent in his first CFL game.

Go Cats Go!

Since my modem chose this weekend to go belly up, I will be texting via my phone. Will less be more? LOL

Thanks as always BYF!

GO CATS GO!

Oski wee wee,

Russ

P.S. Is my new sig visible now?

no sig yet Russ

I look forward to participating in a BUSY GDT… I think this will the biggest thread of the year!!..lol

GO CATS!!!

Great job BYF.

This is a playoff game and hopefully our guys bring the intensity and execution of the past couple of games to this one. We have a kicker making his CFL debut, but the bummers have some issues of their own to deal with (right HTD :wink: ). If Glenn is in a rhythm then the Judge shouldn't be called on to make clutch kicks. Pressure Bishop, establish the run, hang onto the ball and I think we'll all be getting back together at IWS next Sunday.

Oskee Wee Wee!

What kind of modem? Cable, DSL or dialup? If it’s dialup maybe you’re better off without it. :wink:

I assume it’s cable or DSL so you can just call your isp and get a new one right?

I feel naked without net access.

Can’t see your sig either.

Is the kickoff at 1p.m or 2p.m ?

Umm… it says in the first post. Scroll up…

Zen, it’s DSL. Earliest ETA for the replacement is Wednesday.

Umm… scroll up says 1p.m , cat web site says 2p.m and this why I ask . Thanks for the info bud.

We need a WIN .. :thup:

No luck in finding a stray unlocked network connection?..lol

I know if mine goes down, I have 1 or 2 I can use temporarily :wink:

The Bummers issues go well beyong MB’s outside life… they are banged up to say the least…

Wow. Thanks for the compliments. Definitely more than I expected. As for me being a candidate for MOF, I wouldn’t go that far.

But that was a good post from you. It’s not just how the game threads start that matter, you know. And as HTD said, it’ll be a busy day here in this thread today. Lots of page refreshing will be happening here.

Kickoff in about 15 minutes, pregame show is on CHML.

for the life of me, I CANNOT figure out why TSN.. whould have a countdown to EFFIN NFL pregame leading up to a CFL game...

Epic FUMBLE TSN!!!!!!!

They carried Count down for years

It not a big deal IMO

Here we go!!!! Pretty pumped! Let's roll.

What's the worst that can happen?
Injuries!
Fingers are crossed that the Cats keep doin' what they've done so well in their last three games and come out happy and healthy.

LET THE EASTERN 3/4 FINAL BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CATS!!!!!!!

Why does Rob Black do all our games?