Tiger-Cats vs. Bombers Play-by-Play Game Thread: 11/1/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: November 1, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_wpg.jpg

This is it. The final gameday of the season for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. It's the last call for Tiger-Cats football. And the thread for discussing the game as it is happening is here. Last week, for the first time in a long time, there was no game thread. But I thought I would create this thread for those who want to contribute to what can be considered a transcript of what was said during this last game as it happened. I don't know when we'll get to see another game thread for a Ticat game, but it will be June of 2009 at the earliest. So for one last time in 2008, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can avoid being the last place team in the league yet again, and to see if they can give us something to look forward to in 2009.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

WHEN - Saturday, Novmber 1st, at 2:00 p.m. EDT. (1:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN. Local blackouts may be in effect.

Internet: Visit http://www.y108.ca and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Interesting to see both Siskowic and Anthony starting as Anthony appears to be taking Mariuz's place. But this game is a time to look to the future and give backups a chance, so who is listed as a starter doesn't matter as much this time.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats interactive depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 30% probability of precipitation this afternoon and southwest winds of about 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 11 degrees Celsius.

Just as was the case in the past few years, the Ticats season ends here, when the regular season ends. However, unlike in previous years, there is one thing left to be decided. Will the Ticats be last place in the CFL standings for the 4th consecutive year? With a Ticat win, that will not happen, and that last place title would then go to the blue team. It would be good to see some other team be considered the league's worst for a change. And considering that this game is rather meaningless for Winnipeg, a Ticat win, and improvement in terms of wins and losses over last year, can't be ruled out. This season was yet another disappointment, but steps toward success can be taken, starting here. Will the Ticats give reasons to believe that they will be better in 2009 by ending their season on a positive note in 2008? We'll see.

And now, for one last time this year, I say...

Go Ticats!

Bye Bye Ticats see you next year Last game is always a sad day

Good luck Cats.Have fun out there and just play smart football and we'll win. :cowboy:

Thank you for this and all the other game threads you have started BYF.

Last kick off for 2008 coming up.

Here's to better times ahead.

Oskie Wee Wee!

10 Mins to kickoff

After today the long long cold cold winter without football, unless you count the no fun league. :frowning:

I'm just hoping Printers has the game of his life today!!!

I wont hold hold my breath though...

Not a problem. I’ve enjoyed discussing games as they happen with those who join me in these threads, and I’ll miss them.

Anyway, Sal said on the radio that not only has Printers not started since mid-September, but has had limited snaps on practice. Therefore, he’ll almost certainly appear to be rusty. And so we may be hearing about his $500k salary again from his critics. Speaking of large salaries, I’d like to see Keith do well, as he sure hasn’t looked like he’s worth $1.75k so far. He’s so far looking like a bigger disappointment than the last player we had named Keith, who was a DE we cut earlier on this year.

Final kickoff in a few minutes.

And there's the final kickoff for us.

Setta kicks it to Winnipeg 40 against wind.

I heard a few Bombers sitting this one out...

I thought I heard on CHML that Smith, Armstead, and Edwards sitting this out for Winnipeg. Maybe we have a chance.

Also heard Dyakowski is taking Thomas place.

Serna's attempt from outside 40 was actually good. He hasn't been very reliable, although he had the wind at his back.

Let's see what the offence can do. I expect to see at least a few handoffs from a player with a big salary to another player whose salary is mentioned many times, with the odd short pass as Printers tries to lose rust.

Dam wind is Blowing ..
Ball is hanging up
Team looked poor on that 1st set of Plays

Call me crazy, but I have this suspicion that Bauman catches that ball if someone else throws it.

I know everyones heard this before but my number one wish for next year is. NO ROD BLACK.

Is it just me or is the front 7 getting pressure today?

Bauman REALLY should have made that catch, and he usually would have made it. But instead, 3rd down.

Bombers did not have far to go to get into in FG range, even if it were Serna attempting FGs. (I'm sure you've seen his FG percentage. I think even Boreham might be an upgrade over Serna.)

But then Serna angles it out by our 2, and we'll likely have to concede 2.

Great kick for the Peg down at the 3..
Our Running game has gone to pot since Charlie left..
I see 2 Coming for the Bombers very quickly

Wonder what Moreno said to Printers after he tackled Printers just short of getting 1st down.

3rd and almost a yard, no gamble with the ball being on the 10, and against wind. No surprise seeing Setta concede safety, not good to see him drop snap, though. 5-0 Winnipeg.

That seemed like right call, although Bellefeuille seems to be conservative playcaller, and seems to be big on good field position.

Wouldn't it be great if the sports channels/cable providers offered us the option of game sound without announcers? Remember the CBC strike of a few years ago?

This what bug me about new head coach ..
we gone away from what we do best . Run the Ball
we have forgot how to run the ball

Defence can't tackle